Complaint Review: Walmart Family Mobile

• Updated: Sun, August 03, 2014

• Reported By: Martha — Richmond Kentucky
Walmart Family Mobile
Nationwide USA

Walmart Family Mobile False advertising, deceptive practices, lousy (lying) customer service Nationwide Nationwide

I purchased a cellphone and service plan through Walmart Family Mobile/T-Mobile last week. The reason I purchased that particular phone and plan was because they were advertised with "unlimited talk, text, and web." When I get them home and set up, I find out that while the talk and text may be unlimited, the web is most certainly not.

So, I call customer service. After two days of trying to get through, I finally speak to a human being. He tells me that, oh, yes, my web service is unlimited, but I've exceeded my high-speed internet use for the month. Obviously, that IS a limitation, and I point that out to him-it's so slow I can't even access the internet at all most of the time. He repeats that it's "unlimited." I ask how much an "unlimited" useless service is worth, when I can't even tether the thing to my laptop for access. He then proceeds to tell me that I was "lucky," because that feature didn't work with their plan. I told him that feature HAD been working just fine until they cut it off. I paid for unlimited service, not three days worth of service. He again tells me my service is unlimited, despite just admitting that yes, there ARE limitations on the plan. I told him that obviously this issue isn't getting resolved over the phone and hung up.

I will be taking the phone back to Walmart in the morning for a refund. If I don't get one, I'll update the complaint.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/03/2014 02:33 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Walmart-Family-Mobile/nationwide/Walmart-Family-Mobile-False-advertising-deceptive-practices-lousy-lying-customer-serv-1167087. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Walmart Family Mobile