Complaint Review: Walmart Family TMobile

• Updated: Fri, March 28, 2014

• Reported By: Flutist — Johnson City Tennessee
Walmart Family TMobile
, Select State/Province USA

Walmart Family TMobile Family TMobile is a true RipOff Walmart Company wide Tennessee

*Consumer Comment: Wrong Company

I wish to report what I consider to be a poor service and one that is being promoted as a true savings to those seeking to save on their Cellphone bill.

Seeking to save, I tried Family mobile at WMart. After only using for 3 wks, the service area was so poor that couldn't even call out from inside my home. I cancelled my service and after receiving a new Sim card, couldn't even activate my phone because it was locked ( thru TMobile company). When I called customer service, they informed me that they wouldn't be able to unlock my phone, and that I would have to talk to the main TMobile company for that. I ended up having to do without a phone for 2 wks and paying a local phone repair store to put in an unlock code ( cost $28). I was also informed by customer service ( all reps have very foreign accents) that I would still owe fees untill the 45 day billing period ended ( even though my service was cancelled 3 wks earlier ) I ended up paying a total of $63.99 just to cancel my service. Oh, another thing... when you pay your bill at a Walmart store, you are charged $.88 to pay. When you seek to pay over the phone, you will be charged $5 to do so. Crazy? Yeah, I was so tired of the headache, I gave in and paid the fee anyway. How ridiculous to be charged for just trying to pay your bill.

This is a poor service, with added expense. Don't be fooled by their ads.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/28/2014 01:40 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Walmart-Family-TMobile/Select-StateProvince/Walmart-Family-TMobile-Family-TMobile-is-a-true-RipOff-Walmart-Company-wide-Tennessee-1134510. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Walmart Family TMobile

Wrong Company

AUTHOR: The Expert - ()

Besides, the $.88 payment fee (Which is common for A LOT of retail companies) this really has nothing to do with Walmart but your cell phone carrier.  SMH