Complaint Review: Walmart & Green Dot Corporation

• Updated: Wed, April 18, 2012

• Reported By: Trina Wood — Columbus Ohio United States of America
Walmart & Green Dot Corporation
Po Box 1187 Monrovia, CA 91017 Internet United States of America

Walmart & Green Dot Corporation Walmart MoneyCard CSR blacked out . CSR wipped out my account. I had made my card compomised due to the fact of myself having moany problems with this replacement card, then it had taken 3 weeks and an over night expre Internet

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: wal-mart green dot card

*UPDATE Employee: Green Dot Corporation Response

This morning 04/17/2012 at 10:07am a customer service lady had called me regarding a disput that was made do to myself filing my Walmart PrePaid Money Card being Compromised is result 3weeks ago, She had wanted to varify the dates I had gave them to her, had then she Proceeded to argue with me about the dates when I had my card compromised (my visa walmart card),

I asked to speak with another person cause I was not going to listgen to some mouthy CSR, so i hung up-she cancelled my card.I DID NOT CANCEL CARD!!!!YOUR CUSTOMER SERVICE REP HAD CANCELED MY CARD.

I DID NOT CANCEL MY ACCOUNT, NOR CLOSE MY ACCOUNT.Every time I proceed to contact a person by calling the numbers, I do not get put through cause it STATES that my S.Security # is Wrong and Invalid. I put my card # in and it says the same thing. Where is my money  and why is my account not showing active and non verifiable? I'm Filling LASUIT. [continued below]....
..... I have had several issues regarding my account,took 3wks to recieve the replacement card. Now there's no recognition of myself nor my account. WHY is THIS? The number that your CSR had called me from has been disconnected and is NO LONGER in Service.. I had hung up on the CSR for arguing with the correct date that I'd comprmized my card and when I had recieved it in the mail. I then tried to pay a bill  a few moments afterwards and my card did not work, so I called customer service and WOW my card #, my S.S# was both invalid and no Such Account and I've tried calling the number back to which she had contacted me from and it stated very clearly that it was no longer in service!. I've called the GEMonay Bank, and every number thereis to call. And there is nothing showing up for me nor the account. I have all transactions, card, usage of card. When I checked the balance on line it states very clear that I do have an account Now, why is MY CARD NOT BEING VARIFIED WHEN TRYING TO CALL IN????

I'm FILING a LAWSUIT for MY MISSING ACCOUNT & MY MONEY MISSING & DISTRESS..

To AVOID this matter then my account needs to be opened by the end of 04/18/2012.. I'm giving your Company 24 hours to Replace My MONEY & MY ACCOUNT....

If NOT, Then your Company should be prepaired for a lawsuit to tale place.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/17/2012 11:09 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Walmart-Green-Dot-Corporation/internet/Walmart-Green-Dot-Corporation-Walmart-MoneyCard-CSR-blacked-out-CSR-wipped-out-my-acco-869878. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Walmart & Green Dot Corporation

#1 UPDATE EX-employee responds

wal-mart green dot card

AUTHOR: ex-walmart employee - (United States of America)

Everything is automated.  I had more customer complaints than I care to remember about this card. Not to mention the time I spent on the phone for the customer trying to find out what was wrong and where the customers money was.
Once they have your money you may never see it again.  Customers are told where to call to activate the card and cannot get through, get a recording, or automation to press one number after another to find themselves getting no where.
Stay away from Wal-mart and their money scams.  They have many of them.
Also if you do your research on returning items on the internet they will lie to you in the store and tell you that you cannot return certain merchandise when in actuality you can.  They make up their own rules so they do not have to give you a refund on merchandise.  Also none of the management is on the same page.  It depends on who you talk to what you get.
Wal-mart is also very racist.  If you have a complaint or need to return something, or need something done.  You will have a better chance of getting what you want if you are black.  If you're white...I feel for you.  You will get the shown the door.  Sometimes being black is an advantage.
Same with the green-dot card.  If you're black they will go out of their way to help you.  You white people are just out of luck.
Take it from an ex-mgr that has been there and are glad they are out!!!    The place need to be protested not to mention they are ruining the good companies that will work with you to make things right such as Kroger, Meijer, Target, and K-Mart.

Green Dot Corporation Response

AUTHOR: Green Dot Corporation - (USA)

Green Dot Corporation manages customer support for the WalMart MoneyCard. We would like to review your concern and provide a clear resolution. Please contact our Customer Advocacy department by sending an email to Customer.Advocacy@greendotcorp.com with your name, a reliable contact number and a brief description of your issue. We will review and contact you to assist you.