Complaint Review: Walmart Greendot

• Submitted: Mon, December 03, 2012
  • Updated: Mon, December 03, 2012

• Reported By: coreyshelli — United States of America
Walmart Greendot

Walmart Greendot I purchased a TV with the Walmart Money Card. Returned theTV and Walmart says they will be holding our money for 6 days! Internet

My husband and I purchased a TV with half cash and half on our Walmart Money Card. The TV didn't work so we returned it. The store returned the full amount to the Walmart Money Card. Walmart then put a block on our account, saying you can't put more money on your card than was taken off. So we drove back to the store where we purchased the TV. The Store Manager called Walmart Money card and was on the phone for 45 minutes faxing receipts and trying to get Walmart to raise the block. Finally, Walmart said they took the: block off of our account and the manager returned the phone to my husband and the supervisor from Walmart Money Card told my husband the same information, that the block was lifted and the money could be used.

We drive to the gas station and use our Walmart Money Card and our card is denied. My husband is furious and calls Walmart Money Card back while still at the gas station. They say it's standard to hold your money for 1 business day. Since it was Saturday, they told us our money would be available on Monday morning. On Monday, my husband calls in to get our balance and Walmart Money Card said that our money would be available in 3-5 business days! I am very angry at this point so I call. The lady I spoke with said the same thing. I told her that e had two babies and need to go to the grocery store and that we need gasoline in our car She didn't care. She said for sure we would have our money in 5 more days! I guess Walmart doesn't care if your kids go hungry!

So far, still NO money!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/03/2012 11:05 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Walmart-Greendot/internet/Walmart-Greendot-I-purchased-a-TV-with-the-Walmart-Money-Card-Returned-theTV-and-Walmart-977279. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Walmart Greendot