Complaint Review: Walmart Money Card

• Updated: Thu, January 06, 2011

• Reported By: Nyssa313 — Pennsylvania United States of America
Walmart Money Card
P.O. Box 1187 Monrovia, California United States of America

Walmart Money Card G.E. Money Bank, Green Dot Worst Customer Service EVER Monrovia, California

*Author of original report: Forget it account cancelled

*Consumer Comment: "GREEN-SPAN-THE GLOBE POEM".....

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Green Dot Corporation

I purchased a Walmart Money Card for the convenience of using Direct Deposit for my paycheck. I work for Walmart and there is no monthly fee is you use this card with Direct Deposit. Starting in October I suddenly could not use my card at an ATM. I could get cash back at the register and/or go to a bank to withdraw money but any attempt to use an ATM resulted in being declined the transaction. The messages I would get ranged from "declined, please contact your provider" to "declined, service not provided". Service not provided???

When I contacted customer service (which is outsourced by the way) I was told they could not find a reason for my problems with the ATM. It was suggested I go to any bank to withdraw money. I had no problems with withdrawing money at a bank, the fee however is higher for using the bank. After several phones to customer service over a period of 8 weeks no one has yet to give me a reason for the problems with using an ATM. I kept being told "we need time to research the problem, please continue to use a bank to withdraw your money". And pay a higher fee for that service, I don't think so. I solved my problem by simply opening a checking account. I would rather pay a monthly bank fee and have access to my money than deal with G.E. Money Bank. I'll never use any service connected to them again.

I work for Walmart and when I first started working there they pushed the WM Money Card for Direct Deposit, now they're pushing The Money Network instead. Something is definitely going on here that stinks.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/02/2010 12:45 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Walmart-Money-Card/Monrovia-California-91017/Walmart-Money-Card-GE-Money-Bank-Green-Dot-Worst-Customer-Service-EVER-Monrovia-Califo-667485. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Walmart Money Card

Forget it account cancelled

AUTHOR: Nyssa313 - (United States of America)

Dear Green Dot:

You have managed to prove my point about your lack of customer service. My account was cancelled the day I filed this report, a month ago! No questions were asked why I closed the account. I was simply reminded it could not be opened under that account number again. Three days later I got a check for the balance. You went through the trouble a cutting and mailing a check for $0.29.

I have already opened an account with real bank! I will NEVER deal with you again. After begging for help for weeks on end, it took a report here for you to suggest I send an e-mail AND it took a month for that happen. Go away.

"GREEN-SPAN-THE GLOBE POEM".....

AUTHOR: Karl - (USA)

is available at this website!

*Just type in 502469 and it appears as 'Consumer Comment #1' at Ripoff Report #502469.

*************************** BANK FRAUD ALERT **************************

*Make sure to stay at this site and type in 563072 and read Frank's Ripoff Report for valuable information at the 'Bank of America' page of this website.

#3 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Green Dot Corporation

AUTHOR: Green Dot - (United States of America)

We apologize for any inconvenience you have experience and we want to help. Without more information we are unable to determine exactly why your card was declined. Please send us a direct email to customerfeedback@greendotcorp.com for further assitance. Thank you for bringing this to our attention.