Complaint Review: Walmart Money Card

• Updated: Sat, June 18, 2011

• Reported By: Carol — phoenix United States of America
Walmart Money Card
Phoenix, Arizona United States of America

Walmart Money Card Green dot Oversees bandits running walmart money card Phoenix, Arizona

*General Comment: DO Not use Walmart MoneyCard

*Consumer Comment: We'll see ya back here

*Consumer Comment: I lost money with them too

*Consumer Comment: IF Greed Dot is so good

*UPDATE Employee: Green Dot Corporation Response

*Consumer Comment: Walmart Moneycard is a Great Product

I wanted my tax return back fast so one option that was suggested to me is that I use Walmart's money card. My tax return was loaded on the card on Feb 11 2011. I tried to use the card and it said I had no balance but the IRS notified me the nearly $2000 was refunded to me via the Walmart money card. I called many time in Feb, almost daily in march and everyday in April. They change their story asked me for ID I faxed that. That was ok ... one excuse after another they have given me.  Today I took off work to try and resolve this and guess what now they want some more proof of ID. I lost it but it doesn't matter to them. I have threatened them with lawsuits,  news programs like 3 on your side. I have tried everything under the sun to try to get them to release my funds. As of today 04/04/11 not even a promise of help. They first send you to someone in the Philippines then if you keep complaining it goes to someone in Monrovia California. [continued below]....
..... Today I spent 6 hours on hold from my four phone calls being transferred to one representative and supervisor after another.   I spoke to Kathy in Monrovia rj in the Philippines, Kathy in the Philippines, Josie in the Philippines these were just a few whose names I wrote down. Finally I called Walmart and bless her heart the represtitave said well we are GE money bank and we don't handle this. "Its like your calling the electric company about your water bill". She said maybe I should tell the store manager. I laughed out loud.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/04/2011 05:12 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Walmart-Money-Card/Phoenix-Arizona-85017/Walmart-Money-Card-Green-dot-Oversees-bandits-running-walmart-money-card-Phoenix-Arizo-713809. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Walmart Money Card

#1 General Comment

DO Not use Walmart MoneyCard

AUTHOR: Guardian4SD - ()

I was double charged on a transaction and when I called Walmart MoneyCard to dispute they asked me to contact the processing company that made the mistake , so I did.. the processing company acknowledged they double charged me and they reversed the charges back into my account , I called MoneyCard customer service and dispute department more than 11 times after that and they never released my money that was refunded back from the processing company, they asked me to provide proof, so I called the processing company and they faxed the refund letter to Walmart along with the case number, transaction number and trace number , I called Walmart and they said the case has been closed and they can't refund the money, even after I supplied them with multiple proofs that the company had refunded the money back to me , I am $310 poorer and Walmart never cared , and it looks like their support and customer service is outsourced somewhere because they all seem to have the same foreign accent , I lost $310 and no one at Walmart MoneyCard is willing to help , they even told me they cannot make any outside calls to investigate the matter.

We'll see ya back here

AUTHOR: mr rik - (USA)

in a bit, when you decide to file a report on chase!

I lost money with them too

AUTHOR: Kelly Michaels - (United States of America)

I had my Walmart Money Card number somehow stolen right after loading 400.00 on it at a local store. By the next morning, all of the funds had been used. I called Green Dot in time that they could have stopped the transactions, but they refused.

They asked me to send snail mail reporting it, which I did. I did everything that they asked, and they never refunded my money. They only closed my accounts for using it for "Business Purposes", which I did not use it for business purposes.

They are a scam company for sure. I now use Chase, and wonder how I ever got mixed up in that Green Dot mess to begin with.

IF Greed Dot is so good

AUTHOR: mr rik - (USA)

WHY so MANY reports lately?

Green Dot Corporation Response

AUTHOR: Green Dot Corporation - (USA)

After reading your account, we really want to apologize for going through that experience. We know that customers need their money and their time is very valuable too. We are here to help and want to make sure we have somebody communicate with you. Please contact us at custcare@greendotcorp.com, provide a contact number and your full name so we may assist you further.

Walmart Moneycard is a Great Product

AUTHOR: Big Dave - (United States of America)

I have been a customer of Walmarts Moneycard for many years.  I have recieved payments as small as $10 and as big as $8,000 I have rarely had any issues. When I do have an issue, always caused by a merchant, Walmart Money/GE Bank have been pretty quick to help me.

I have bought new cards many times and they are happy to transfer any left over money to my new card.I have had some issues with Paypal, Netflix and XM Radio all trying to take money after I stopped doing business with them or in the case of Paypal allowing a scammer to keep money for an undilivered product. In every case Walmart Moneycard sided with me and had my money back with in 5 to 30 days.

Walmart is thinking about expanding the Moneycard program to have more banking services tied to the card and I for hope they do. If I can deposit checks to the card I will never bank anywhere else again. And no I do not work for Walmart. I wouldnt work there, they are a HORRIBAD employer my mom worked there for 10 years and said it was hell.