Complaint Review: Walmart Money Card

• Updated: Thu, March 06, 2014

• Reported By: Eli — Chesterfield Missouri
Walmart Money Card
, Select State/Province USA

Walmart Money Card Green Dot CorporationIssued By GE Capital Retail Bank Breach of Information Resulting in Loss of over $1700. Monrovia California

My Walmart Money Card was compromised and someone took over $1700 dollars from me and no one is giving me information. The transactions happened on March 1st. I noticed it March 3rd and immediately called to see what was going on. The representatives are rude and really don't care about the fact that I have bills to pay and kids to feed. Then they first tell me they can't do anything until March 11th. With to me is a very long time being that my rent is due by the 5th. I was lied to by two separate representatives saying they would send out a new card and it never happened.

Then one representative said they new of a security from target in New York but I had charges from CVS, Target, and KMART,  the weird thing is when I first looked at my account it showed the money taken out by SQ* Michele Preda in Danbury, CT then money put back on in San Francisco Square then the card being used in New York City and Bronx New York. [continued below]....

.....  But now it only shows the charges in New York and no one is doing or saying anything. If you are aware of a breach why aren't you warning your customers???

Maybe because they charge  $20 to expedite a card by FedEx or $3 to get one by regular mail. So they are keeping quite to make money money. It's really sad and unfair that no one any where can help me. On top of the when you ask to speak with a manager or a fraud team they quickly say I am a manager, or I am a fraud specialist. When 9 times out of 10 they say they fraud team will not speak with you directly or we have to schedule a call back in 48 to 72 hours. How is this helping me???

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/05/2014 12:03 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Walmart-Money-Card/Select-StateProvince/Walmart-Money-Card-Green-Dot-CorporationIssued-By-GE-Capital-Retail-Bank-Breach-of-Inform-1128506. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Walmart Money Card