Complaint Review: Walmart Money Card

• Submitted: Tue, March 06, 2012
  • Updated: Tue, March 13, 2012

• Reported By: James — Franklin Ohio United States of America
Walmart Money Card

Walmart Money Card GE Bank Transferred Direct Deposit but didn't mail my card. Internet

*UPDATE Employee: We'd like to help

I ordered a walmart money card the first week of February. I wanted to give myself enough time to transfer my direct deposit.  They allowed me to make my direct deposit but never mailed me a card. I waited all month thinking surely it would make it before the first of March., because they said it would be arriving in 5-10 days. Within a week, I got a letter from Social Security saying my money would be deposited onto the Walmart Money card on the first of March. Finally called them to see if the card was lost. They said we will cancel that card and order you a new one. Ten more days passed, no card. So when my check went on the card, I called and was told the card was mailed on the 27th of February.  My account posted that the money was there but no way to get it. One man told me to go to my bank and have them transfer to my bank account. But without a card my bank couldn't do it.
Finally today I went to Walmart and their manager called them for me. I was there at the customer service desk three and a half hours. They gave me a money card with my money on it. The bank was closed by the time I got home though. So tomorrow will tell if i get my money off this card or not. I will keep you posted. Bottom line: Do Not Get this card! Walmart is a great store with an excellent reputation. Why would they associate with crooks?

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/06/2012 08:05 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Walmart-Money-Card/internet/Walmart-Money-Card-GE-Bank-Transferred-Direct-Deposit-but-didnt-mail-my-card-Internet-849783. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Walmart Money Card

We'd like to help

AUTHOR: GECapital - (United States of America)

I'm sorry you're experiencing problems with your account and would like to help. The prepaid WalMart card is managed by Green Dot.

Please email them at customer.advocacy@greendotcorp.com your name and contact information. They will research this matter and assist.

Regards,