Complaint Review: Walmart Money Card

• Updated: Thu, February 14, 2013

• Reported By: myVERDICT — waipahu Hawaii United States of America
Walmart Money Card

Walmart Money Card Walmart Money Smart Card False Advertisement Internet

I have the Walmart Money Card (Mastercard) and its a pain in the rear end.  I received my taxes and had it direct
deposited onto my card.  I cannot pull out more then $400.00/day and my maximum spending limit is $2,000.00 even if
shopping in there own store.

When I talked to a customer service representative, (1877-397-4098)  he told me that if I opened up a bank
account, I could transfer all funds to that account.  That way I could pull out all monies.  I opened up a checking account and had the bank try to transfer the money, only to find out that Walmart does not allow any outgoing transfers, only incoming.  *I dont understand that! *Isnt it MY money?  Funny thing is, when you apply for a card, they do not tell you all the ins and outs.

Another example, while I was trying to pull my money out of the card, I couldnt understand why it would only give me back $400.00, but for every time I continued to try, and also checked my balance, they also charge for that too.  $1.00.  This card is a rip off.  It is my money, not WALMARTS.  Totally frustrating.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/14/2013 04:27 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Walmart-Money-Card/internet/Walmart-Money-Card-Walmart-Money-Smart-Card-False-Advertisement-Internet-1014421. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Walmart Money Card