Complaint Review: Walmart Money card

• Updated: Thu, July 25, 2013

• Reported By: Ladyinred2010 — Glen Ellyn Illinois
Walmart Money card
, Select State/Province USA

Walmart Money card Walmart prepaid card Card is not loaded after purchased California

*Consumer Comment: Walmart's Money Card Site has required IE in the past

Went to a local walmart while out of town on vcacation, Got back to my hotel to activate the card.

My first try was online kept getting an error message, so I decided to call  the customer service number that is on back of the card. Spoke with a gentle and told me  something is wrong with the card and he needs to send a report over to some other deparment, and informed me to call back tomorrow and that the card will not be activated until tomorrow, I told him I cant wait til the next day and was told there is nothing that he can do.  I should have gotten a different card some where else this is the worst fraud that I have ever seen. These cards needs to be pulled off the market!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/25/2013 04:51 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Walmart-Money-card/Select-StateProvince/Walmart-Money-card-Walmart-prepaid-card-Card-is-not-loaded-after-purchased-California-1070143. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Walmart Money card

Walmart's Money Card Site has required IE in the past

AUTHOR: Scott - ()

In the past I have had problems with the Walmart Money Card Website. The difficulty that comes from teh site is not the users fault, it is due to the fact that Walmart Web techs utilze outdated IE6.0 technology and aparently are either not willing, or not allowed to update the website technology to modern Standards compliant technology that is cross browser compatable and more secure.

If you used a web browser other than Internet Explorer, this is likely the reason you ran into difficulty registering the card.

It is unfortunate that the support team was not made aware of the need to use Internet Explorer and inform their customers. I had called the MoneyCard Support number a few years ago when I was having difficulty. I was the one who actually figured out what was wrong when I decided to try IE rather than FireFox.

Clearly, while my enquiry to the support line was responded to with a phone call from a manager, the manager did not believe me when I told him that the site was designed with inferior technology that poses a security risk to their customers over the internet.

Walmart, indeed, every company needs to make an asserted effort to modernize their web applications to modern technologies and stop nursing their infintile addiction to the old Internet Explorere 6.0 technologies that were a severe security risk at the time and are even worse risk not that Microsoft has declared the version non fixable and moved onto beter standards compliant technologies in Internet Explorer 9+.

Take care.