Complaint Review: Walmart Money-card

• Submitted: Fri, March 09, 2012
  • Updated: Fri, March 09, 2012

• Reported By: ctimlin — lampe Missouri United States of America
Walmart Money-card

Walmart Money-card pre-paid Visa Stole my tax return for a month and counting. Internet

I had my tax return deposited on my card. A little over a week after recieving it i tried to use my card and it was blocked. I was never informed of any problem, and was left to waste my time and figure it out on my own.

I called to get the matter fixed and was put on hold several times for an hour at a time. After several days i was assured that this could be fixed easily. I was given a fax number and had to send copy's of my id and social as well as my fiances id and social and he had to have a letter notarized.

I was never contacted and had to keep calling every day and sit on hold for hours at a time. I had to resend the faxes and then eventually email the info. ( wish initially they said couldn't be done until i spoke to a manager)

Several weeks later, after much time and headache on my part, i was told that the block couldn't be lifted and it was a grave mistake that the representatives has mistakenly told me so. They would send the deposit back to the IRS. I received a call the next day and was told that the money would be refunded and sent via check to me.

Several days later i called and received and automated recording saying my check had been mailed. (several days after they had called) My check has not yet come and it has been 10 days. I tried to call customer service but they will no longer talk to me. i get a recording and then they hang up.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/09/2012 09:52 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Walmart-Money-card/internet/Walmart-Money-card-pre-paid-Visa-Stole-my-tax-return-for-a-month-and-counting-Internet-851177. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Walmart Money-card