Complaint Review: Walmart Moneycard Ge Money Bank

• Submitted: Thu, August 06, 2009
  • Updated: Thu, August 06, 2009

• Reported By:brockton Massachusetts
Walmart Moneycard Ge Money Bank
Oak Street Brockton, Massachusetts 02301 Monrovia, California U.S.A.

Walmart Moneycard, Walmart Moneycard Ge Money Bank holding my money hostage Monrovia california

I purchased a moneycard from walmart and thought it was great,I had signed up for direct deposit,through ssi and then was entitled to retirement benefits,when I found out I was getting it retroactive,I called their 800 number customer service and asked what I should do as there fine print says you can only load 1500.00 per day on to it and I was expecting 6000.00.I was told that it wouldn't be a problem direct deposits could go as high as 10.000.00.So on the 30th of July They deposited 6500.00 into my account,for the next week I used the card without a problem,on the 5th of August I went to the supermarket and my card was declined for 43.00,when I went online to check it said my card was closed and couldn't be used,I called them immediatly and was told I had used the atm to many times,I thought that was crazy so I called back and was told that I had had to many reloads,that I couldn't exceed 5000.00 in one day,And that my account was closed and they would be issuing me a check in 10 days,I was a little nuts by then as they are holding 2000.00 and it is every dime I have.I asked to speak to a supervisor because they kept telling me how sorry they were but there was nothing they could do,and that I couldn't get another card thru them because I had a bad mark on my name,how crazy is this,I didn't spend to much I put to much money into it.anyway later that evening someone called me back and I went thru the whole thing again,again I got how sorry they were but couldn't do anything,then he says okay a supervisor will be calling you in the next 24 hours.he wasn't even a supervisor,so the next day I find out that my daughter who is 19 got a walmart money card and when she tried to activate it they told her that the card was closed due to a bad mark from the information that she entered,(she couldn't have entered any info as she neve activated it)and they would mail her a check in 10 days or fedex it for a 30.00 fee.I find this way of doing business dispicable and will baycott walmart for sometime.

Ryansnina1229
brockton, Massachusetts

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/06/2009 05:30 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Walmart-Moneycard-Ge-Money-Bank/Monrovia-California/Walmart-Moneycard-Walmart-Moneycard-Ge-Money-Bank-holding-my-money-hostage-Monrovia-calif-477195. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Walmart Moneycard Ge Money Bank