Complaint Review: Walmart Moneycard

• Updated: Thu, May 03, 2012

• Reported By: Dorothy — lawton Oklahoma United States of America
Walmart Moneycard
monrovia, California United States of America

Walmart Moneycard green dot corporation My Walmart MoneyCard was blocked after receiving my direct deposit for my Tax Refund for the amount of $736.00 monrovia, California

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: There is no corporate representative at Green Dot/Walmart

*UPDATE Employee: Green Dot Corporation Response

On March 07 2012 I received a text and email alert that my Amended Tax Refund Check had been deposited into my Walmart MoneyCard for the amount of $736.00 it couldn't have been a better time beings as I needed the money.

I called the Walmart MoneyCard  to verify my balance on my card, and I was told it was $730.22 because they deducted card fees  and that my available balance was $730.22 but that there was a hold/block on my card.  I asked them why there was a block and they said they needed to verify the owner of the account. I was needless to say upset to say the least.

I told her I am calling you from the phone on my account and I can answer give her the answers to my  security questions and password.  The lady said no that I had to fax in documents to proof I was the owner of the walmart moneycard account and send in a letter stating that I intended for
my tax refund to be deposited onto my account.

I went and got all the documents they asked for, my Drivers license, social security card, even copies of my income tax and other documents to proof I am the owner of my walmart card and I had to pay 15.00 to fax this information to them and then I called again.

Each time I have called I get a message that I will be on hold 20 mins. which turns into to an hour or more, and they keep coming back on the phone saying you have 19 mins or etc, when I have actually been on there almost an hour another complaint I have with the customer service with this card.

When they finally answer, they say they got the fax but could not make out my drivers license and social security cards because they were too dark, so I re fax them the info again, and again and I even  emailed them the info to a corporate email they gave me.

I kept calling and they didnt have it yet and they kept saying they havent heard from corporate as to whether they got the drivers lic and soc sec yet or not .  So I ask to speak to a manger or supervisor, again on hold, finally they answer and I am told she is going to try and contact the corporate office for me to hold on.

Then she comes back on the phone and says that they arent answering and that she would keep trying and then call me back. We are on march 8 2012 now , never receive a call back.

So I call back and get a different person again, had to explain again, they tell me it will 10 business days and then they will give me a call. I told them again I need to talk to a supervisor, put me on hold, then get supervisor, she trys corporate again.  No answer.

Ok she tells me again she will call me.  In the meanwhile I keep emailing and calling and same information being told to me.  Then I get a person and she is asking about my deposits .  What they are and from where etc... I answer her then she tells me ok, we got your fax with the drivers lic and social security card and  they are clear and we can read them so we will send it over to corporate, then she said she would call me back.

Ok, march 9 2012 I finally get a call from this lady at the walmart moneycard customer service, she says we checked the email at corporate and there is email but no attachement, Oh My, they told me in the last conversation that they got the copy of my drivers lic and social and I told her that, better yet I told her to hold on and that I was going to send it again to the email, and she said well while you do that I will double check, fine.

I emailed yet again the copy of my drivers license and social, this time she said she found the email and had the documents.  Then she told me ok, you will be getting a call from the investigating department either later today which is march 8 2012 or tomorrow march 9 2012.

So I am currently waiting for yet another call from them. In the meantime, I have no access to my walmart moneycard and I cant draw out my own money.  They still wont let me talk to the investigators, I still dont know why they have a hold on my account, they say cause of the direct deposit, I still dont know .....  I need some help to not only get my money out of my card, I dont know what else to do.....

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/09/2012 03:13 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Walmart-Moneycard/monrovia-California-91017/Walmart-Moneycard-green-dot-corporation-My-Walmart-MoneyCard-was-blocked-after-receiving-m-851056. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Walmart Moneycard

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

There is no corporate representative at Green Dot/Walmart

AUTHOR: Dennis - (United States of America)

This is a mail drop in California. They are acting as if there is a 'consumer help' section, but there is not. They do not answer emails. If you read their posts, they are asking for information that changes from response to response. No case numbers are given when you call in the 'Walmart MoneyCard' lost or stolen card line.  If they do, they have made it up to get you off the phone. 'Transfer you to Corporate' means they hang up on you, and refuse to accept anymore calls. They will tell you anything they can in order to stall you.  This 'consumer help' email address is one of those.  Why are they continually allowed to post here?

Green Dot Corporation Response

AUTHOR: Green Dot Corporation - (USA)

We truly apologize for your experience and assure you we are here to help. Green Dot manages the Walmart MoneyCard. We understand the importance of our customers need for immediate access to their hard earned money.  However, we regularly monitor customer accounts to verify they are being used in a way that is consistent with the design of the card. Circumstances which would warrant a block vary depending on the card type and the activity. Green Dot is committed to assisting all customers to satisfactorily resolve their issues.  We understand this has been a difficult experience for you and would like to review and help resolve your issue. Please send an email to Customer.Advocacy@greendotcorp.com make sure to include your name, a contact number and ticket number for your issue if you were provided one.