Complaint Review: Walmart My Family Mobile

• Reported By: average buyer — Wisconsin
Walmart My Family Mobile

Walmart My Family Mobile impossible to cancel; no customer service Internet

*Author of original report: Rebuttal

*Consumer Comment: You're mis-directing your anger.

My Family Mobile is a cellular phone service powered through Walmart and T Mobile towers.  It claims to be a prepaid month to month service.

When I wasn't getting good service, I decided to switch carriers.  I was able to transfer my number without a hassle, however when I actually went to cancel service it took me three months.

I could not pay final bill online because they cut off access, but there is no mail service to send in a payment.  They were continuing to bill me even though this is supposed to be a month to month service.  When I finally reached someone who spoke English well enough to understand, I was informed I had to officially send an email to cancel service.  I sent one outlining the fact that I had cancelled service as of date I switched plans and requested that the bill be prorated for the three days of service after last billing cycle.

I finally heard back that they acknowledged my cancellation and said they would prorate and let me know.  I received another email stating final balance was $12.48.  I mailed check to address listed at bottome of email as customer service contact thinking this matter was closed.  Three weeks passed, and I got my check mailed back to me stating they could not accept payment by check and the balance was $17.48.

Once again I called and could understand very little of what the representative was trying to say.  He tried to tell me that there was nothing he could do, but I could go to Walmart and pay there.  I asked to talk to a manager and he hung up.

So I made a trip to local Walmart where I was informed they had no idea how to contact the company but I could make a payment there and there would be a fee of 88 cents for doing so.  I caved and payed rather than stand on principle because my time is more valuable than the $6.00.

However I will never step foot in a Walmart again.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/21/2013 06:17 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Walmart-My-Family-Mobile/internet/Walmart-My-Family-Mobile-impossible-to-cancel-no-customer-service-Internet-1044991. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Walmart My Family Mobile

Rebuttal

AUTHOR: average buyer - ()

My complaint is not against T-Mobile.  My Family Mobile is the plan and it is sponsored by Walmart; this is the only place you can join this plan.  The towers they use are T Mobile.  Walmart claims they are sponsor when they sign people on, however when there are any problems, then they claim they are only third party.

Since they are only link to service, whether they truly are sponsor or third party, they should be able to offer customer service.

You're mis-directing your anger.

AUTHOR: Inspector - ()

Walmart does not own cell towers nor do they provide a cellular service.  They are a third party only.  If your contract was with T mobile then that is who you should be complaining about.  If you are complaing about Walmart's customer service then that is what you should say.  As much as Walmart sucks, they are not the problem here.