Complaint Review: Walmart Pharmacy

• Updated: Thu, January 10, 2013

• Reported By: Harley87 — Grants Pass Oregon United States of America
Walmart Pharmacy
135 Ne Terry Ln Grants Pass, Oregon United States of America

Walmart Pharmacy Overcharged for medication by $91.86 I found another store for $12.68 same meds. I'm out of work. Grants Pass, Oregon

*Consumer Comment: comment

I had been getting my medication at Walmart Pharmacy. I lost my job but still needed my medication not having health Insurance I paid cash $104.54 Then when I needed a refill my wife said go to Safeway Pharmacy. I did and paid $12.68 Same medication. If Walmart is overcharging me how many others are they over charging? I have copies of receipts.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/09/2013 10:05 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Walmart-Pharmacy/Grants-Pass-Oregon-97526/Walmart-Pharmacy-Overcharged-for-medication-by-9186-I-found-another-store-for-1268-s-993904. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Walmart Pharmacy

AUTHOR: Jeanski - (USA)

I get my prescription filled at Walmart because they have it in their formulary for "$10.00 for 3 month supply".  My mother gets her prescriptions filled at Walgreens.  When I tried to keep things simple and get all our meds in one place, I found the same thing you did. My same prescription at Walgreens would be almost $100.00 a month.

As it turns out, every store can set the price they want. It's not really a ripoff, just plain old American capitalism.