Complaint Review: Walmart Pittsburg California

• Updated: Thu, February 16, 2012

• Reported By: Phil — Antioch California United States of America
Walmart Pittsburg California
Loveridge Rd Pittsburg, California United States of America

Walmart Pittsburg California $1500 WORTH OF MONEY ORDERS I BUY, CAN'T USE BUT CANNOT RETURN BACK TO WALMART Pittsburg, California

*Consumer Comment: Embarrassed OP bails with a sorry excuse.

*Author of original report: ISSUE IS RESOLVED

*Consumer Comment: question

*Consumer Comment: Liar or just stupid?

*Author of original report: Cameras don't lie...check the camera he is standing right next to me

*Consumer Comment: 1 Minute..BS

*Author of original report: Wal Mart could have refunded the blank money orders

*Consumer Comment: Not a ripoff

*Consumer Comment: Sorry

I purchase two money orders for a total of $1500.00, which is alot of money. Unfortunately the party i presented them too would not take them. I tried to return them to the Walmart i bought them but they would not refund the BLANK MONEY orders and told me to try at a check cashing place. well i went to three places and they said no. So now i have money orders that i cannot use or get a refund on.

So i called moneygram and they said to write on the back "not used for purpose intended" and then sign it IN FRONT OF THE STORE REPRESENTATIVE. I did just that in front of Terrance which is the manager at that store and 2 other manafers. i I was sti denied a refund. This is alot of money....$1500.00. and i cannot wait for a refund. from moneygram which will take a month. I have bills and I want my money now today.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/15/2012 03:13 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Walmart-Pittsburg-California/Pittsburg-California-94509/Walmart-Pittsburg-California-1500-WORTH-OF-MONEY-ORDERS-I-BUY-CANT-USE-BUT-CANNOT-RETU-839358. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Walmart Pittsburg California

Embarrassed OP bails with a sorry excuse.

AUTHOR: seeworthy - (USA)

The question still remains: How was the money order purchased and why was that payment simply not given direct to the recipient whom was there in person? The story changed as the questions arose, and not the OP conveniently states he won't reply. You can bet your bottom buck he's reading this in shame.

ISSUE IS RESOLVED

AUTHOR: Phil - (United States of America)

Thanks to two managers there who researched the situation, all is well.  The 2 ladies who helped me admitted that they told me I could not have signed it over the gentleman who was standing next to me.  They also admitted to telling me no, I could not have a refund when the fact is that I could, especially since I never left the store and never filled it out. The reason I bought the money orders in the first place was because it was after 5pm, I just got off work and my bank was closed.  No atm is going to let u pull $1500 dollars out at once. So the next best thing is money orders. Anyhow, I got my refund because mis-information given to me by Wal-mart representatives on all level.  Case closed.  ANY REBUTTALS AT THIS POINT WILL BE IGNORED

question

AUTHOR: coast - (USA)

"Both the guy and I went into walmart so I can get the money orders, sign it over to him right there and then he would be able to cash it."

Why didn't you just give him the cash?

Liar or just stupid?

AUTHOR: Robert - (U.S.A.)

Okay based on what you are posting you are either a liar or you and this other guy are just plain stupid..quite frankly the jury is still out on which one.

So let's see if you can find the flaw in your (il)logic in what you wanted to do.

You are going to buy a car and go to Walmart WITH the seller.  You purchase 2 Money Orders to give to the Seller.  The seller wants to then turn around and cash the Money Orders immediately.

Did you see the flaw in this?...NO..well let me help you out.  The next time you want to buy a car just give the seller the cash and have them write out a receipt that shows they received it.

Cameras don't lie...check the camera he is standing right next to me

AUTHOR: Phil - (United States of America)

Both the guy and I went into walmart so I can get the money orders, sign it over to him right there and then he would be able to cash it.  The lady said he could not do that because they would not cash it there cause it would be a third party check.  The money orders where still blank and i asked for a refund and she said no, we are not going to refund them...both me and the person I was buying the vehicle from were standing right there when she said this. BASICALLY THIS WOMAN SAID YOU BOUGHT THEM YOU FIGURE OUT HOW TO GET THE MONEY FOR THEM. I have talked to several managers including the district manager and they said she was wrong...also...we are on camera and we both are standing there in disbelief.  And of course you would not want money orders you cannot cash....Overall, she should have refunded my money instead of telling me I cannot have a refund.

1 Minute..BS

AUTHOR: Robert - (U.S.A.)

- So in your original report you said you bought the two Money Orders and your other party wouldn't accept them.  So is this "guy" the other party who wouldn't accept them?  Because you are basically saying that he stood in line with you, watched you buy them and only then did he say he won't accept them.  If this wasn't the same guy do you really want us to believe that you bought them, able to get to your party, find out they didn't accept them, and make it back to Walmart all within 1 minute?

Sorry but I am calling BS on this.

Now I am stuck with something i have no use for.

- No, you just don't want to wait until you get the refund from Moneygram.  Perhaps next time you buy a Money Order you will verify beforehand if the person/company will accept them.

- What wrong information did THEY tell you?  Did you ask them before you bought them if they can be returned..if so you didn't mention it.  Did you ask them if your party would accept them..you didn't mention that either.  Did they tell you that other check cashing places would accept them..nope they said to TRY other places.  Did they tell you to write on the Money Orders that they were not used as intended...nope that was Moneygram.

Wal Mart could have refunded the blank money orders

AUTHOR: Phil - (United States of America)

The guy and I were standing right there in front of the cashier when I bought the money orders, the checks where blank which I had just purchased 1min ago from them. They could have cancelled that transaction and gave me my money back....instead they kept the money and told me to take it elsewhere. Now I am stuck with something i have no use for.  Walmart is in the wrong. They sold the item, the told me the wrong information so they should take care of me and anyone else in the situation.  $1500.00 is alot of money.

Not a ripoff

AUTHOR: Ashley - (U.S.A.)

This is standard procedure on money orders at almost every retailer. Most stores even have signs posted indicating that they do not cash money orders. The rate of forgery is very high on money orders, and most retailers have stopped cashing them. You need to either: Deposit it in your bank account or if you don't have one, find a friend you can trust with a bank account to cash it OR wait for a refund from money gram. You will get your money, you just aren't getting it with the speed you want. You should probably make sure that the people you want to pay in the furture accept money orders before purchasing them.

Sorry

AUTHOR: Robert - (U.S.A.)

Unfortunately you should have verified with the party you wanted to pay that they accepted Moneygram Money Orders BEFORE you got them.  Since they didn't and no one will cash them, you will probably have to wait to get your refund from Moneygram.

You had 3 Check Cashing places and one other person refuse to cash them.  There is a reason for this.  Moneygram appears to be the company of choice for various types of scams.  So while yours may have been real, these places had very good reason believe that you were trying to cash fraudulent money orders and they did not want to get stuck with the loss.