Complaint Review: Walmart / Sams Club

• Submitted: Sun, February 08, 2009
  • Updated: Mon, July 20, 2009

• Reported By:lakewood Colorado
Walmart / Sams Club
7370 W. 52nd Ave Arvada, Colorado U.S.A.
  • Phone: 303-4208401
  • Web:
  • Category: Employers

Walmart / Sams Club Fired for making a purchase on my own time 3 days before 1 year anniversay!!! Arvada Colorado

* : I don't think we are hearing the whole story here.

*Consumer Comment: Do you want to fight this?

*Consumer Comment: save time

I worked for my local sams club starting on December 5th 2007, as a part time cashier, I was very good at my job and definatly enjoyed working my 25 hours a week.
In late February of 2008, my store assistant manager offered me a postion in the bakery as a cake decorator, it would be a full time job, and considering I was a licensed cake decorator there would be a raise, I went for the job and got it, I got put in right at the begining of graduation season, which if you have kids is a horrible time for the food industry, any ways I was very good at my job I had many members compliment my work, attitude and willingness to make it right, My immediate supervisor even told me that I was the best worker she's had in a while, and at my 1 year review, which sams club gives you 90 days early, they were thrilled with me I had really become part of the team, I followed rules, and everything.

Two weeks later on my way to work, My car was involved in a hit and run accident, I called my store manager immediatly crying telling him I wouldn't be in that day because my son and I were in a car accident, he said it was fine and he would see me the next day, the following day i was swore but I went against doctors orders and returned to work, I brought in the police reports, doctors notes and release forms from the hospital which stated that I should take it easy and let my muscles relax, did they care uh not so much, see I called in on a friday which is highly frowned upon. this is where the problems start.....

Suddenly I was being ignored by my store manager, no big deal I thought we were approaching Thanksgiving so everyone was freaking out because it is one of the bakerys biggest selling weeks, we were rearranging schdules so people could bake over night, when we weren't baking pies, we were making cakes I was working 40 plus a week, which was great, I would come in on my days off to help, come in at 3 in the morning just to help out a little more.

On Monday December 1, 2008 after work I proceeded to purchase 3 bags of icing totaling 1/3 of a cup, I brought in my own bags, now considering we are not allowed to price our own items, I took it to customer service and waited in line for 20 minutes to get a price and to pay for my items, I asked a cashier supervisor to price them for me and she wrote $.25 on each bag I then got in line again to pay for them, but didn't have my card so I took out my id and handed it to the cashier, she rang it up, I paid for it, another manager was right there watching the whole thing, he signed off on it and I went home, 2 days later, I came back to work and was called into the office, I went and my manager asked me about the icing, I told him and then he looked at me and said, "I find this to be and integrity issue" I asked how, He told me because i only paid $.25 a bag, even tho they were my own bags, He said i deliberatly avoided him, so I was fired on the spot.

I came back a few hours later to talk with the store manager, whom I was told would be in by 1 but wasn't so I started asking the manager who fired me why I was really fired, he said," the icing was rung up as a code 2, if it wasn't rung up as a code 2 you'd be working" I then became furious and left, Now how is it that a incompitant cashier got me fired, but I can't fight it, I went all the way up to corporate, and all they could tell me is sorry it's and integrity issue, well screw your integrity, does it not seem strange that you found a reason to fire me 2 days prior to my 1 year? 25 days before fiscal year end numbers are due? Well I launched a full blown investigation and when the store manager was confronted about it, he said "it all began with the car accident, he didn't believe me because he couldn't read the police report and I left the bakery high and dry on a weekend!"

I will not leave this alone because what you have done is wrong and immoral in more ways then one, eventually this too shall catch up with you!

J****
lakewood, Colorado

Click here to read other Rip Off Reports on Wal-mart

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/08/2009 02:03 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Walmart-Sams-Club/Arvada-Colorado-80002/Walmart-Sams-Club-Fired-for-making-a-purchase-on-my-own-time-3-days-before-1-year-annive-421576. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Walmart / Sams Club

#1

I don't think we are hearing the whole story here.

AUTHOR: Jason tillo - (U.S.A.)

Perhaps this person got fired, and had a lot of things against her.  How are we to know this person is not telling the whole story.  Perhaps they fired her because they found out she was a minor and lied about her age.  She is no mother.  A mother knows the difference between.  An adult knows the difference between sore and swore.  Or perhaps she hit her head in the car accident and does not know the difference.  Or perhaps it was because she did not get along with her coworkers.  The fact that she calls her coworkers incompetient just shows what a team player she is.  She mentions she is a parent.  I hope she is not the primary role model for her son.  If she is divorced I hope the father gets custody of her son.  Imagine calling your manager and crying because you were in a car accident.  That is probably when they found out that she was a child and lied about her age to get a job.

Do you want to fight this?

AUTHOR: Jason - (U.S.A.)

Do you want to work for them. I find is suspect that you say that a cashier costs you a job. It is certain that they don't allow this. Are you being really honest about what happened here?

save time

AUTHOR: Anonymous - (U.S.A.)

the Waltons are worth billions...do you really think that what you say or do will effect them or there company...when the roll into towns they distroy 1000's of lives. Its all about the money, so don't waste more of your time or money trying to get even!!! it wont happen.
Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC