Complaint Review: Walmart - Sierra Vista, Arizona

• Updated: Thu, August 29, 2013

• Reported By: countrynewsman — Killeen Texas
Walmart - Sierra Vista, Arizona
500 N Highway 90 Bypass Sierra Vista, Arizona USA

Walmart - Sierra Vista, Arizona Walmart Employee Rammed Me With Long Line of Shopping Carts Sierra Vista Arizona

At approximately 1:45PM on May 31, 2013, I visited the Walmart store in Sierra Vista, Arizona, for the purpose of purchasing various items.

I obtained a cart near the entrance and proceeded to push the cart toward the entrance.

As I was walking near a long line of carts, a Walmart employee shoved carts into the long line of stationary carts using a motorized cart pusher.  The employee clearly did not consider the consequences of his actions which were dangerous. The line of carts lunged forward, striking me and pushing me down.  The carts did not stop when they hit me due to the momentum caused by the motorized pusher.

I experienced pain to my neck and shoulder and requested that Walmart obtain medical assistance for me. They did not offer medical assistance at the time of the incident.

A Walmart associate completed an accident report stating that I was hit by a shopping cart.  I had to request she add in the report that the shopping carts were being pushed by a motorized cart pusher operated by a Walmart employee.

After being checked by paramedics, I chose to go back to my daughter’s house and see a doctor on my own.  However, a few hours later, I went to the hospital emergency room since my shoulder pain increased. I was given an injection and a prescription.  It was determined that I had suffered a strained trapezoid muscle and a neck strain.

I was contacted by Claims Management, Inc. a few days later, after I had returned home to Texas.  The person who contacted me asked how many times I had claimed an injury at other retail establishments.  I told her that had never happened and that, further, I did not like the tone of that question.  I told her this was not a simple slip or fall...I was injured due to Walmart's gross negligence.

After receiving bills from the hospital and physician, I contacted CMI and demanded settlement (my injury resolved in a few days after I returned home).  Besides pain and suffering, my vacation to Arizona was ruined.  I went to Arizona specifically to celebrate my daughter's birthday and my granddaughter's graduation, which I could not attend due to the injury. I was told by CMI that the hospital had put a lien on the medical bill which would take 90 days.  According the the hospital, this was a clear lie.

It is now three months since the accident and Walmart, through CMI, refuses to answer my letters or make any attempt to settle this matter.

I am not a litigious person, however, I would advise anyone who has a similar problem with Walmart to seek legal advice.  Do not try to settle anything yourself.  I am attempting to settle this matter and feel I am being bullied by Walmart.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/29/2013 04:18 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Walmart-Sierra-Vista-Arizona/Sierra-Vista-Arizona-85635/Walmart-Sierra-Vista-Arizona-Walmart-Employee-Rammed-Me-With-Long-Line-of-Shopping-Car-1080291. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Walmart - Sierra Vista, Arizona