Complaint Review: Walmart Supercenter

• Submitted: Tue, February 19, 2008
  • Updated: Fri, June 20, 2008

• Reported By:OKC Oklahoma
Walmart Supercenter
100 E I 240 Service Rd Oklahoma City, Oklahoma U.S.A.

Walmart Supercenter employe threated my life over having more than 20 items in the station thats limited to 20 items Oklahoma City Oklahoma

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: wow

*Consumer Comment: There are exceptions

*Consumer Comment: Its sad

*Consumer Comment: Happened to me, abused by another customer though

*Consumer Comment: Finally! A checkout person with "stones!"

*Consumer Comment: Everyone involved at fault

*Consumer Suggestion: call Bentonville

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: As a former Wally World cashier

*Consumer Comment: 20 Items or Less means 20 ITEMS OR LESS!

*Consumer Comment: Reminds Me

*Consumer Comment: If a custormer pushed me I would push them back

*Consumer Comment: How Funny

*Consumer Suggestion: Juan should take his own advice!

*Consumer Suggestion: right on karl

*Consumer Comment: Why didnt you go to another lane?

it all started on check out lane 3 didnt get his name time 915p.m tuesday 19

it all started because i had more than 20 items,i told him if it was to much for him i could split my grocerys in half. he said this is for 20 items or less i told him it shouldn't matter its all going to get payed for anyways.he got mad cause i started to put my stuff on the counter and cause it was over 20 items
and i told him to scan my grocerys and to just do his job.than thats when it all started he said you don't know who i am, i told him i sure didn't care who he was i was just here to get my baby boy some gerber and cereal nothing else, he kept on sayin you don't know who i am;i told him again i didn't care
who he was or what he did.

I told him as far as am concerned your a walmart employe so i told him to just scan my stuff so i could go home, he got furiuos with me an told me; i work for the state i'll run your s.s number threw and find out who you are. you don't know who i am.By this i told him again i don't care who you are what you is or wat you was just scan my stuff'. than he said why don't you just back to school boy! i told him am find were am at but
if you don't like your job why don't you go back to school go to college and get you a better job if you don't like your job and that he said i ll get rid of you before midnight over you don't know what am capable of 'i told him i didn't care what he was capable of doing i just came to wal;mart to buy some baby food that was all. i had called for a manager for about 4 times
i was ignored i was just threaten by a employe for going over 20 items so no manager came.

i finish payin for my stuff as soon as i was walkin out
he threaten me again in said ones i went out side that i was a dead person so i called for a manager cause this employe was more like serious about wat he said cause he was followin me out side so i went back in talk to the manager they could;t do anything about it. talk to another manager and he couldn;t do any thing about it more likely they thought i was lieing or something .

Called the police tryin to file charges my story wasn;t believe able not even the judge would belive it ;but if their somebody out their that can give me some advice or recommend wat i should do' or wat i can do;i felt in fear for my life after he made threats after threats and the managers didn't do any thing about it or the police were is justice this days.their was no justice serve today more likely he would have to kill me before i can do any thing or pres charges but by that time i be dead is that the evedince police need to be able to press charges this days 'or do something;wat are police getten paid for to do their job and thats one thing officer J.Murphy and his female officer didn't do their job!i thought police were here to serve and protect us from those who threaten as?

Kastro
OKC, Oklahoma

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/19/2008 11:31 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Walmart-Supercenter/Oklahoma-City-Oklahoma-73149/Walmart-Supercenter-employe-threated-my-life-over-having-more-than-20-items-in-the-station-310342. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Walmart Supercenter

#1 UPDATE EX-employee responds

wow

AUTHOR: Sparkleprincess08 - (U.S.A.)

Okay I used to be a cashier for walmart and I must admit that it was really irratating when people would come to the 20 or less line when they had a full cart, and we were BUSY! If we weren't busy and they only had a few over then that was fine but when are busy and you get people yelling at you, or making that breathing noise, you know the aaaahhhhhhhhhfff noise and impatiently looking at you and switching from foot to foot, you don't want to mess with that!! You want to keep the customers happy so that you don't get cursed out by someone that had to wait 2 mins. in line!! ( yes, I am still mad about the way I was treated for doing my job!!) Anyways, I understand that it sucks to wait in long lines but everyone has to do it so get over it!! Oh, and with the 10 items or less lane I couldn't make exceptions it had to be 10 or less. People would yell and scream at me. Oh I only have one item more! Well, at the walmart I worked at we could get written up for letting them through (because that was the lane they sold cigargettes, ect.) I don't know why they would write you up but it was just the policy of the store, yet people would complain about it and make my day hell for something that was out of my control. Sorry for my rant

There are exceptions

AUTHOR: Eugene - (U.S.A.)

I am also a firm believer in the "twenty items or less" rule. However, I was in a grocery line one day with a full cart. I was in one of the regular lines and was patiently waiting my turn, when one of those helpful courtesy people you see who patrol the store kindly told me to go over to the express line, since no one was there. I did so. The cashier started to object, but I just pointed to the person who had told me to go there. End of discussion. But even then I felt guilty.

By the same token, they should also have a separate register for people with more than five coupons. Now don't get me wrong. I have nothing against saving money. I just think that it slows up the line even more. So, just as they have a convenience register for twenty items or less, they should have one for people redeeming excessive coupons. If they want to save money that bad, they can put up with each other. It only makes sense.

Its sad

AUTHOR: Anonymous - (U.S.A.)

Its sad & pathetic how people have to publicly embarass the OP, they say don't post any complaints. Well that is what they want you to do so you will keep quiet even if you have been wronged buy a company.

What a sad world we live in. Its like highschool.

Happened to me, abused by another customer though

AUTHOR: Bryce - (U.S.A.)

Went through the liquor line at Wal-Mart recently with a cartload of groceries. It is the only checkstand you may purchase liquor from. I was after a bottle of Sweet Vermouth, which I use primarily for cooking. I do use it in my Manhattans, but I generally drink those at the bar. I usually drink Martinis or Whisky at the house, so the ingredient I was trying to obtain solely for cooking purposes was locked up at one checkout.

A woman came up and asked if I was in the line. I told her I was and she didn't like that. She said I had more than the allotted amount of items that I was supposed to have, but not by much. Maybe by five items.

I told her I was buying liquor and that was the only line I could go through to do so. She stormed off, throwing her items down and walking out. It's not my fault I have to go through that register to get an item. Besides that, who is going to steal vermouth to get drunk on? I can see vodka, bourbon, or the like, but a 14% vermouth? I think not. I think the theif'll go back to get a bottle of wine or some beer first. If I have to make two trips through the line to buy the vermouth, I'll just go on over to the drug or liquorstore for my vermouth as well.

I guess all of you sticklers would have me get the hell out of the express lane if I had a pack of ground beef and thirty little Kool-Aid packets. Get real. Wal-Mart invites all of this on themselves, having about forty registers, and only about 18 of them open at the busiest part of the day (hell, only two are open on the non-grocery end if it's not rush hour). The profits they make, the slave wages they pay, and they can't accomodate the customer better?

Finally! A checkout person with "stones!"

AUTHOR: Robert - (U.S.A.)

If I had been behind the customer who seeminly can't count and the checkout person refused to ring up his/her items, I would have applauded!

Finally, a checkout person with some "stones."

Also, ditto the remark about other customers becoming irritated when someone uses the "express" lane when they shouldn't.

Everyone involved at fault

AUTHOR: Russell - (U.S.A.)

While you were obviously treated badly, and action should have been taken against the employee if his actions were as described, the situation would have never occurred if you had not gone through an express lane with too many items. From experience, I can tell you that this upsets not only the employee, but all the customers in line behind you. Show a little common courtesy and these situations will not occur.

#7 Consumer Suggestion

call Bentonville

AUTHOR: Xena - (U.S.A.)

This is outragous behavour! Call Bentonville and report it, its not allowd to happen at wal-mart where the customer is always right. document and report it to head courters which is Bentonville Ar'

1-800-WAL-MART (1-800-925-6278)

No'customer should ever be treated that way,,,

#8 UPDATE EX-employee responds

As a former Wally World cashier

AUTHOR: Sarah - (U.S.A.)

I worked as a cashier for Wal-Mart one summer while I was in college and often had idiots like the OP come to my line when I was working in the express lane. I vividly recall one jerk bringing a cartful of frozen TV dinners and insist that they were one item because they were duplicates of the same item. Apparently, the general public doesn't recognize that "20 items or less" means 20 individual items in the cart. You can't have 50 of the same item in the cart and expect them to count as one. I was usually too nice to send them on since it was usually more trouble than it was worth. The best thing to do was to warn them that they needed to make sure to go to a regular line. Those lanes are there for a reason. There are some people that go there for just a few items and want to get out quickly. In those cases, they should be able to instead of standing behind some jackass that insists that fifteen of one item and fifteen of another item is only two items. The best thing to do if you don't want to screw with the long lines at the regular lanes is go through the self check-out...that is, if you're smart enough to figure those out. Some people are too stupid to use those, but that's another post...

20 Items or Less means 20 ITEMS OR LESS!

AUTHOR: Shockinsean - (U.S.A.)

I love my local Wal-Marts and must agree with the previous postings about the vigilant enforcement of the item limits. I am sure we are all guilty, one time or another, of being apathetic to this posted restriction. But, if there were no such "express" lanes, then people who are trying to pay for a few items would have to unnecessarily wait behind the guy with a cart load of stuff.

In fact, in my local BJ's store, they have a very strict 8 items or less express line. Even if you have 9 items, an employee will come up to you on line and politely remind you of the policy. I have seen them not ring up someone's order simply because they exceeded the stated item limit. This policy may be a nuisance to some, but to others, it is a blessing.

As for a rude employee, I am certainly not surprised to hear about that. But, in all honesty, shoppers are routinely rude to the guy or gal behind the register too.

Reminds Me

AUTHOR: Cory - (U.S.A.)

Couple weeks ago, went to a local store on a Mon evening on the way home cause my wife wanted me to pick up a couple of items for her. I NEVER stop then, cause it's the worst time to go. The whole store is jampacked with long lines. Anyway I get into the TEN item, express lane behind this midget of a man, no offens to little people, talking on his cellphone. He slowly unloads his cart and I count all SEVENTEEN items. The older clerk in the next aisle keeps yelling out, TEN ITEMS ONLY, EXPRESS LANE but the kid on my lane doesn't say a word. The midget finally gets done unloading his cart and keeps talking. The clerk gets done ringing up his items then just stands there waiting for him to finish up his conversation to ask him to pay. He'd left his cart at the front of the checkout aisle, so i can't even begin to unload my item. I've had enough of this BS and I shove his cart into him. He turns around towards me, give me this nasty look like WHAT. I point to the clerk. The clerk asks him how would you like to pay for your purchase. He tells whoever is on the phone to hold on and hands the clerk his credit card. He then turns back to me and looks up and give me a "You want to start something look"? Just then the clerk tells him his card is declined. I couldn't help but snicker along with the other seven or eight people behind me. What an inconsiderate jerkoff. His time is more important then mine, the seven or eight people behind me and the clerk's? All this took over 15 minutes in an express lane. It was worth the time spent seeing the look on his face as his slithered out WITHOUT his groceries.

If a custormer pushed me I would push them back

AUTHOR: Charles - (U.S.A.)

If any other custormer touched me & pushed me out of the way I would file assault. You better be careful cause someone could file charges agaisnt you if you pushed them out of the way.

People have the nerve today saying they would just push them out of the way. Custormer's have no right to touch other custormer's or push them out of the way. Everybody has the right to shop anywhere without being bother from other custormers.

Hey karl don't you know you can go to jail for assualting someone. If you pushed me out of the way I would file charges. Ripoff should not let people like you comment on anything sense all you do is threaten people.

How Funny

AUTHOR: Ryan - (U.S.A.)

This is hillarious. We have a report here of how a Walmart employee threatened the life of a customer for having over 20 items. The consumer proceeds to speak of how he degradingly tells this employee how to do his job and if he doesn't like his job to go back to school and get a better one. Yet the whole time the consumer is telling us what he said to the employee his spelling and grammar are not on point. If anyone needs to go back to school it would probably be the consumer. Also he said that the employee got mad at him for having over 20 items, yet he proceeds to tell us how he just wanted to buy some baby food for his son. How much baby food did you have? As for the solution I am going to have to agree with the prior comments pertaining to this situation. Don't go into the express lane with more than the number of items allowed. If you were in front of me I would have asked you to take your inbread a** to the right lane and move the hell out of my way. But it's people like you that give the rest of us a reason to bitch.

#13 Consumer Suggestion

Juan should take his own advice!

AUTHOR: Steve - (U.S.A.)

Juan,

You stated in your post that you suggested that the WalMart employee go back to school so he could get a better job.

That would be good advice for you to take. Your written communications skills are atrocious. For example: "payed" should be "paid", and "wat" should be "what", etc. And you should try some capitalization too. You are a moron.

Even though the WalMart clerk wanna be government agent was most likely wrong in the way he handled the situation, you were wrong by going to that lane with more than 20 items.

You are obviously one of those people who feel the rules do not apply to you.

What part of "20 items or less" do you not understand? My guess is that since you cannot spell, you cannot count either.

#14 Consumer Suggestion

right on karl

AUTHOR: Nancy - (U.S.A.)

I would do the same thing.
Kastro, what makes you think you are so special that YOU do not ahve to follow the 20 Items or less rule? or 12 items or 15 items. I am surprised that the checker said something, msot of the stores I go to, they dont reallys ay anything UNLESS I amke a fuss about it.

WHAT to do/ DONT GO IN THE EXPRESS LINE WITH MORE ITEMS. it is as simple as that.

Why didnt you go to another lane?

AUTHOR: Karl - (U.S.A.)

If you had more than 20 items why didnt you go to another lane? People like you drive me insane! If I would have been behind you I would have pushed your ass out of the way.

Also I seriously doubt that you were as calm as you make your self sound in your complaint.