Complaint Review: Walmart Supercenter

• Updated: Tue, March 13, 2012

• Reported By: Dennis — Tonalea Arizona United States of America
Walmart Supercenter
1017 W Haul Rd. Page, Arizona United States of America

Walmart Supercenter And Walmart Product Care Decieve me on what the of HP 1033wb was capable of doing, I was told I could add I O Ports to this model. Wanted to hook up ham radio to it. Was assured by manager I could. Page, Arizona

*Consumer Comment: What do you want to do with it?

*Consumer Comment: Why did it take so long to attempt the upgrade?

*Consumer Comment: Relied on Walmart's expertise?

When I went to purchase a computer from walmart. I knew what I needed I told the manager what I wanted to do with it. He assured me that this computer would do what i needed it to do. The HP 1033 wb could be upgrade I o ports.  By the time I found out it couldn't be upgraded it was over 60 days It set in the box over sixty days it took that long to get the internet.
I also purchased product care plan and they have locked me out of there website. They were supposed to give me one year free internet security software. Not...
I turned them into the BBB of Arizona. It was closed Walmart did not answer there repeated letters.
I don't know what to do now I cant use the computer for what I purchased it for. I want my money back.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/12/2012 11:19 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Walmart-Supercenter/Page-Arizona-86036/Walmart-Supercenter-And-Walmart-Product-Care-Decieve-me-on-what-the-of-HP-1033wb-was-capa-852924. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Walmart Supercenter

What do you want to do with it?

AUTHOR: Robert - (USA)

I'm curious as to what it is that you wish to do with this computer.  This is a low end computer that sold for less than $400 (including an 18 inch monitor.)

It comes with 6 USB 2.0 ports; 2 on the front, 4 on the back-this is usually enough for most consumer applications.  The specifications listed on the Walfart website do not indicate any unused expansion slots on the mother board, although there may be some.  You probably need to contact HP or open the tower to see if there are any unused expansion slots.

I own a computer services company and I'm curious as to what equipment you wish to connect to this inexpensive computer.  Are you aware that you can purchase USB expanders that will allow you to attach more USB peripheral devices?

Why did it take so long to attempt the upgrade?

AUTHOR: Jim Martin - (USA)

Adding an IO Port is a hardware upgrade, there should be no need for internet access.  So, why did you wait so long to "upgrade" the system?

Relied on Walmart's expertise?

AUTHOR: voiceofreason - (United States of America)

You can't expect a Walmart "manager", let alone any Walmart floor staffer to know such things. When you need specialized specs for such an item, you need to speak to a rep from the company(ies) from whose products you expect to choose from. And even then, you've no assurance you'll speak to someone who knows what they're talking about. And don't think you'd do any better in an electronics specialty shop like Best Buy, or higher end dept store like Target.

Granted, you shouldn't have been told anything if the dunce didn't know, but when put on the spot, employees will either make up their own facts, or try to be, or look, helpful. In civil court, I think a judge would rule that it is unreasonable to expect more from a Walmart employee, and throw your case out on that basis.

Before more time goes by, I suggest going higher up the Walmart corporate food chain, humbly, in hopes of getting at least a store credit return authorization.