Complaint Review: Walmart Tire & Lube #2571

• Submitted: Thu, September 15, 2005
  • Updated: Thu, September 15, 2005

• Reported By:Seattle Washington
Walmart Tire & Lube #2571
1900 S 314th St Federal Way, Washington U.S.A.

Walmart Tire & Lube #2571 ripoff Caused a broken part on my car Federal Way Washington

I went in on/around July 5th to have my tires replaced and paid over $500 for four tires. I wasn't asked if I wanted Tire Protection Plan, but that isn't my gripe with them. 32 days after having my tires replaced and installed I heard a grinding sound on my rear passenger side which got worse as I drove home.

When I got home I called my mechanics and told them what I saw. There was a broken bar by my tire and it was broken in the middle, and rubbing against my tire and rim. They informed me from my description it was a Lower Rear Control Arm ($50-$75). My tire and rim were also damaged.

I called the T&L Express dept. who said they would send my complaint to the manager, but there was no way it happened from anything they did. The next day I called back and was told there was a tape showing nothing unusual was done to my vehicle. I then requested to come in and view the tape so I can drop the issue. I was told then that he was wrong and that after 30 days the tapes are recycled.

I had an inspection done, and their belief was that it was dropped, in some way, from the lift. The management and employees at that location were irresponsible in handling my car and denied doing anything wrong other than lying about a tape.

Seattle, Washington

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/15/2005 03:17 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Walmart-Tire-Lube-2571/Federal-Way-Washington-98023/Walmart-Tire-Lube-2571-ripoff-Caused-a-broken-part-on-my-car-Federal-Way-Washington-157222. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Walmart Tire & Lube #2571