Memorial

• Submitted: Wed, February 29, 2012
  • Updated: Wed, February 29, 2012

• Reported By: Apostlescott2 — Spanaway Washington United States of America
Walmart money Card Visa Debit

Walmart money Card Visa Debit Someone working with or for Walmart Money Card Pre-Paid Vias Debit card stole my money off my card account & is stealing from many cardholders i.e. review all the reports Internet

*Consumer Comment: Incorrect..

*Consumer Comment: Actually

I am an Odained Minister/Pastor & Evangelist and was ripped off by the Company Walmart Money Card    Visa Debit card for the sum of $ 49.30 and I have the statement from the ATM cash machine witdrawl to prove it. On 02/27/12 my balance was $151.30 & I made a withdrawl of $100.00 then on 02/28/12 today, I checked my balance & it was $00.00. So I called the number on the card 1-877-937-4098 after dealing with customer service & being put on hold for 40 minutes, that person Regina agreed with me that they could not figure out where my balance of $49.30 was ? I was told that a Supervisor would contact me and that it would be straightened out. Well 3-4 hours later I received a call, but only for that individual to give me the approval numbers for the transactions that had caused my account to be at a zero balance. The problem was that the Merchants that she gave me I had done business with weeks prior to this day. [continued below]....
..... Her excuse was that sometimes a Merchant does not withdraw the money the day of the transaction, well I call B.S. on that because the money is taken by the Merchant immediately upon the sale and/or debt accrued. Listen this is not rocket science here, obviously someone or even several people working there have devised a scheme to get money from cardholders without any repercusions. I call this ORGANIZED CRIME, and I believe that everyone should be held accountable for such a unethical act as this. Someone needs to file a class action law suit against them, so that all of us who have fallen victim to this scheme may be reimbersed for our losses, after all  Walmart has insurance for thes type of acts.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/29/2012 01:52 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Walmart-money-Card-Visa-Debit/internet/Walmart-money-Card-Visa-Debit-Someone-working-with-or-for-Walmart-Money-Card-Pre-Paid-Via-846365. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Walmart money Card Visa Debit

Incorrect..

AUTHOR: Robert - (U.S.A.)

That is not necessarily correct.  The merchant may attempt to "authorize" a debit, but may not send the final request for 1-3 days.  If that merchant is "off-line", it may be weeks before they are able to send the final request.  So yes it is possible that a purchase you made weeks ago is now just getting deducted.  Now, it is rare for it to take this long, but it does happen.

What you need to do to confirm this is to look at your transaction history and see if that money was actually deducted for that purchase previously.  If so you have a valid dispute, but no Class Action Lawsuit is needed.  If not then while inconvenient there is no RipOff...because you should have known it was going to come out at some point.

Actually

AUTHOR: Ashley - (U.S.A.)

They may be right, money does not always come out of an account immediately at a merchant. Many merchants run your card to verify funds, but don't actually charge the card until days later. I've had some merchants take up to 30 days to process a credit card transaction before.

Did you ask for a print out of the charges made to your card so they could show you where the money went? Are you keeping an accurate register of the money spent on your card or are you just relying on the balance print out from an ATM?