Complaint Review: Walmart money card

• Updated: Sat, September 28, 2013

• Reported By: Kangaroo Kid — Omaha Nebraska
Walmart money card
Omaha, Nebraska USA

Walmart money card pre paid visa Moneypak Green Dot Card money scam. If you load funds, someone will spend it in another state! They will take all of your money. I will now be getting evicted due to my rent money being stolen. Whos fault is it? Walmart, for making it available for 1,000,000's of people to purchase? Or Visa? I also now have starvving kids. Apparently while i was at work in Omaha, I was buying iPhones at an Apple store in Minnesota. And a night stay at a 5 star hotel in North Dakota. Omaha Nebraska

*Consumer Comment: Several questions come to mind....

Purchased walmart pre paid visa for direct deposit for my job. Everything was fine untill I check my balance and its a negative balance, when I had nearly $500 on! Checking the ATM 3 times costed me $6, to tell me I had insufficiant funds. Apparently while I was working my full time job in Omaha, unauthorized transactions were taking place.

One in Minessota at the Apple store for iPhones. One in North Dakota at a 5 star hotel. This has left me penniless, and nearing eviction from my home, because someone stole my hard earned rent money.

Why would WalMart of all places make it possible to buy a card there that people can steal from. Its not safe, nor fair. Peoples lives depend on money.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/28/2013 07:02 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Walmart-money-card/Omaha-Nebraska/Walmart-money-card-pre-paid-visa-Moneypak-Green-Dot-Card-money-scam-If-you-load-funds-s-1088061. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Walmart money card

Several questions come to mind....

AUTHOR: Ken - ()

How did someone get your card information?  Did you use it prior to all the problems?  Was it left where someone could get the information?

How is it Walmart or Visa's fault in making the card available.

You do know that just about any kind of transaction can be hacked now, not just prepaid cards.

Sorry for your troubles, but the one(s) at fault are the thieve(s) that depleted your card.

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC