Complaint Review: Walmart

• Updated: Tue, October 23, 2012

• Reported By: Lousinda — Speedway Indiana United States of America
Walmart
9500 E. US 36 Avon, Indiana United States of America

Walmart They would not refund d webpak refill card i bought for my family mobile cell phone. The card was invalid when I tried to add it to my phone. Avon, Indiana

*UPDATE Employee: Prepaid Cards

I bought a webpak refill card from Walmart to add to my Walmart family mobile  cell phone and the card was invalid. The customer service person told me to return it to Walmart for a refund and if I had trouble returning it to have them call the customer service number.  When they called the customer service line they referred them to this website and said I could not get a refund.  Ii is only a $10 card.  This is ridiculous that I could not get a refund at the store that is where I bought the card and it is no good.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/02/2012 06:12 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Walmart/Avon-Indiana-46123/Walmart-They-would-not-refund-d-webpak-refill-card-i-bought-for-my-family-mobile-cell-pho-949947. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Walmart

Prepaid Cards

AUTHOR: Josh - (United States of America)

Here's the thing that goes with these cards. On the back of every card states that it can't be returned to the store for any refund. These cards are the same that get sent to gas stations to every retailer who carries them. Your issue needs to be brought up with the card company. We use to go ahead and return these until it got to the point that out of 10 cards sold 9 were coming back because they didn't "work". This has been a scam for the past couple of years. I'm not saying you're scamming walmart but if the card had not been used then the card company would've taken care of it. Next time read the return policy before buying anything. I do.