Complaint Review: Walmart

• Submitted: Mon, January 20, 2014
  • Updated: Mon, January 20, 2014

• Reported By: Montana Mom — Billings Montana
2525 King Ave W Billings, Montana USA

Walmart Refusal to Price Match a pop advertisemet from Big Lots (which we had in hand), told to go to other Walmart across town Billings Montana

We went into the West End Billings Walmart on a busy Sunday afternoon.  We had an advertisement with us from Big Lots for Pepsi bottles.  Every single bit of our ad match fit into the parameters of Walmarts Published Price Match Guarantee.  The employee said "Oh, we don't match Big Lot advertisements".

We asked to speak to a Manager.  She argued, but did get her Manager.  He then said that they don't match Discount stores.  We asked to see where that is in their price match guarantee.  He said it's not there, but their policy is not to match ads for Discount Stores.  We were told that we could, however, (drive clear to the other side of town) go to the Heights Walmart.  THAT Walmart WILL price match Big Lots advertisements.  He still refused to price match the ad we had.

By now our already busy line is really backed up and we aren't the only ones who are angry.  My husband said "that is false advertising".  At this he finally agreed to price match.

This is the third time this particular Walmart has refused to price match.  I imagine most of the people give up as I did.  My husband, however, tries to hold them to their published guarantee.  I imagine there are a lot of people like me who aren't great at arguing or what is right and they save money this way.

The ad match guarantee can be found at the corporate walmart.com site.  Our advertisement legally met all qualifications posted.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/20/2014 07:34 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Walmart/Billings-Montana-59102/Walmart-Refusal-to-Price-Match-a-pop-advertisemet-from-Big-Lots-which-we-had-in-hand-t-1116928. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Walmart