Complaint Review: Walmart

• Submitted: Thu, August 15, 2002
  • Updated: Thu, January 19, 2006

• Reported By:Magalia CA
Walmart
Forrest Street Chico, California U.S.A.

Walmart Husband arrested even though he had RECEIPT! abused & mistreated Chico California *UPDATE ..GUESS My husband isnt the only one that has been a victim of your quotas!

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Wal-Mart at it again

*Consumer Comment: a man that makes his living stealing high-dollar items from Walmart and other like stores

*Consumer Comment: AERRON of Glenndale, I am happy to know that I am far enough away that you cannot affect my shopping priviledges.

*Consumer Comment: Knock it Off?

*Consumer Suggestion: Got a Life

*Consumer Comment: typo

*Consumer Suggestion: TO THE SECURITIES OFFICERS, POLICE, WHAT HAVE YOU - WE UNDERSTAND YOU BREAK YOUR BACKS FOR US, BUT THAT'S NO REASON TO START BREAKING INNCOENT PEOPLE'S BACKS AND RUINING THE REPUTATION AND CLEAN RECORDS OF UPSTANDING CITIZENS.

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: On Shrinkage and the origin of the costs...

*Consumer Suggestion: WALMART THE UNTOLD STORY

*Consumer Comment: China trade

*Consumer Comment: Walmart/ China

*Consumer Comment: re: With Us or Against Us

*Consumer Comment: Your Either With Us or Against Us!

*Consumer Comment: FRENZY: everyone has joined in on ...how horrible Wal-Mart is

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Why are Wal-Mart Employees so defensive?

*Consumer Suggestion: I don't feel a bit sorry for you people.

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: In Response to Jay....

*Consumer Comment: learn what we are talking about first

*UPDATE Employee: You could care less.....

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: The Man who was arrested in Chico Ca Wal Mart was NOT WRONG....he is another VICTIM..

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Nothing good to say about Wal Mart... BOYCOTT

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: NOT ALL LPO'S ARE EX COPS

*Consumer Comment: Sad to see people like you get hired at all...

*Consumer Comment: Sticking my neck out, just to speak out...I AM in fact, a glorified Rent-A-Pig.

*UPDATE Employee: Where on this report

*UPDATE Employee: Since you have a lawyer

*Consumer Comment: YOU TWO

*Consumer Comment: I WAS FALSELY ACCUSED ALSO

*UPDATE Employee: I spent an interesting evening reading

*Consumer Suggestion: Just something to ponder.

*UPDATE Employee: Your Civil Rights are not being violated

*Consumer Comment: Jay, when you first joined this discussion,

*UPDATE Employee: Tammy & Laura agree with Chicken Little,...THE SKY IS FALLING

*Consumer Comment: I AGREE!!!

*Consumer Comment: QUOTA V.S LOOSING JOB

*Consumer Comment: To Katy...Walmart owns PetSmart, Lowes, Neighborhood Market, and of course Sam's to name a few.

*Consumer Comment: Katy - Sanford, Florida...I don't know who "Sybil" is, and I don't care.

*UPDATE Employee: Sybil, LOL......Unfortunately, many others can't leave, for one reason or the other.

*Consumer Comment: Response to Sybil, I mean Tammy

*Consumer Comment: To Jay...I treat the people at WalMart very nicely

*Consumer Comment: To Jay...I treat the people at WalMart very nicely

*Consumer Comment: To: MusicTheif - Phoenix, Arizona

*Consumer Comment: Kmart says no receipt, no refund

*Consumer Comment: "Keep Your Receipt"

*UPDATE Employee: WAKE UP "JERK OFFS"

*Consumer Comment: I have shopped all over this country, you pay the price for people who steal

*UPDATE Employee: Have your receipt

*Consumer Suggestion: Bad Wal-mart? or "Wallyworld"

*Consumer Comment: TO: Me And - Des Moines, Iowa

*Consumer Comment: shoplifting vs. shrinkage

*Consumer Comment: Old Fuddy Duddy's Are Greeters At WalMart... poor customer service

*UPDATE Employee: People-Greeters are abused and cursed more than most any other associate

*Consumer Suggestion: TO OUR CARRER LAW ENFORCEMENT OFFICER

*UPDATE Employee: You're mind's made up, don't confuse you with facts

*Consumer Comment: There has been just as many compalaints regarding walmart as there has been on credit card fraud.

*Consumer Suggestion: I can assure you that wal mart would not be charging him with larceny

*Consumer Comment: ATTENTION WALMART SHOPPERS!: YOU HAVE ACTIVATED THE INVENTORY CONTROL SYSTEM......HURRY, RUN!!! - BEFORE THEY GET-CH YA!

*Consumer Comment: Response to: "WE DONT DO QUOTAS" and to the lady whose husband was falsey arrested....

*Consumer Comment: Wal-Mart headaches

*Consumer Comment: Walmart treats ALL who come through the doors as criminal

*UPDATE Employee: totally off the wall responses

*Consumer Comment: All Employees work in "Loss Prevention"

*Consumer Comment: LOSS PREVENTION AT WALMART ARE DRUNKS! AND A JOKE!

*Consumer Comment: WALMART HUSBAND ARRESTED EVEN THOUGH HE HAD RECEIPT

*Consumer Comment: Please quit yelling, and the 'I R a specklist' postings prove the problem.

*Consumer Suggestion: Money is the only things those rat bastards understand!

*Consumer Suggestion: sorry to hear that walmart has again used their money and lies

*Consumer Suggestion: love that supposed assest protetor with 12 years experience as a guard

*Consumer Comment: First I want to thank our hosts here, for the forum.

*Consumer Comment: Walmart is an All-American Sweatshop

*Consumer Comment: A Professional Opinion

*Consumer Comment: I'm Just doing my job

*Consumer Comment: A Quota By Any Other Name...

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: it happens all the time

*Consumer Comment: Shoplifters driving prices up

*Consumer Suggestion: "Clean-up on aisle 3; there's a spill from someone opening a 64 ounce can of FRAUD HAMMER WHOOP-a*s on professional snitch Michael!"

*Consumer Comment: Fraud Hammer X is Pathetic at Best

*Consumer Suggestion: Get the bluesmocks involved early.

*Consumer Comment: New Oklahoma Sooner hat and a Wal-Mart security jerk

*Consumer Comment: Wal-Mart's Rent-a-Shill protects corporate ASSES, not ASSETS!

*UPDATE Employee: WE DONT DO QUOTAS

*Consumer Suggestion: STOP SHOPPING AT WAL MART

*0: GUESS My husband isnt the only one that has been a victim of your quotas!

My Grandmother bought us four DVD'd as gifts for our anniversary when she asked me if i liked these DVD's I told her no, and that our DVD is broken anyway.

She decided to take them back and let me pick out something else. She could not find the receipt. The manager gave her a "gift card".

My husband and i thought about getting a foton (spelling) on sale for company to use. So, I gave him the card, as I went looking for a nice rose bush for our front yard.

After awhile I couldnt find him and had him paged. After awhile I told the lady and the front desk he is diabetic, and i am worried.

She paged him again stating his wife is at front counter. A plain clothed man said 'there is his wife' It caught my attention, someone asked me if I was his wife i said "yes, is he ok? he's diabetic" they told me he was in custody.

There was a police officer nearby who then approached me and asked where I was parked I told him in garden. To make a long story longer....i found out after getting my husband out of jail, that he brought in the tag from the box display outside, a cashier rang it up.

He went back in to look for me so i could help him load it. While he was looking for me (at the time I was in garden I suppose) he saw two blue glasses (i love blue glass) he bought those and then proceeded outside, he loaded the foton by himself and went to look for where I was parked, as he left the sidewalk he was jumped by a bunch of men, they told him he was under citizen arrest for stealing the foton. He explained that he paid for it and showed them the receit. they took the receit, the foton and the glasses.

Now, i went in the next day asking for this receit back (figured it was our only defence) they said they didnt have it. Went to police and the officer in charge is off duty for the next few days!

The only thing i have is a copy of the transaction history, showing he bought something for about $100 and 8 mins later bought something for $5-6. He is being charged with three accounts of THEFT!

WHAT IS GOING ON HERE@! he has a clean record! All the day of his life he has never been a theif!

Nicole
Chico, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/15/2002 08:13 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Walmart/Chico-California/Walmart-Husband-arrested-even-though-he-had-RECEIPT-abused-mistreated-Chico-California-26967. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Walmart

#1 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Wal-Mart at it again

AUTHOR: Mike - (U.S.A.)

I worked for Wal-Mart when in high school and my first year in college and as far as the rapist and murders that where caught in the stores LMAO. The only thing our Loss Prevention guy caught was little girls and boys, and heaven forbid that a grown man run, we were instructed by the store manager if we heard code 500 all male employees were to head to the front of the store. Our loss prevention guy had one 13 year old girl so traumatized she wet the store managers chair WOO you loss prevention guys are tough. Nicole SUE THIER A@@es off, and unless people stop shopping there this will not ever stop, people b***h about wal-mart yet they go there all the time, how sad i have not stepped foot into a Wal-Mart in 4 years and do not plan to ever again.

AUTHOR: Marc - (U.S.A.)

I know a man that makes his living stealing high-dollar items from Walmart and other like stores. He does the "return scam" or just walks out with items. He has a "team", even takes orders from people for certain items and within a week he delivers. He's done some jail time but he's still at it as far as I know. I think Walmart is too easy on customers by accepting returns without receipts, and why the heck would people return so much stuff anyways? Why did you buy it in the first place?

AUTHOR: Laura - (U.S.A.)

First, Aerron, You claim yourself to be professional, are you not professional enough that you could have read the posting guidelines for this site... The one that says DO NOT USE ALL CAPITAL LETTERS FOR EXAMPLE. And do you know that you contradicted yourself in more ways than one??? You had ten cases dismissed last year... blah blah blah... You never lost a case.. blah blah blah.. GETTING YOUR CASE DISMISSED MEANS THAT YOU LOST, GENIUS. And, for the most part anytime that I have heard of major scams and thefts at Walmart stores, the EMPLOYEES were doing the stealing... Hauling the stuff right out the back doors and into trucks. Yup, TVs, stereos, entertainment centers, whatever they wanted. No nickel and diming for the employees... But considering that Walmart only hires immigrants and welfare cases so they dont have to pay taxes on them for two years (which is much longer than Walmart intends to keep them) who would have ever thought that employees could do such things. Aerron, please, for your sake of appearing to be an idiot, get your head out of your loose butt and realize, conglomerates are charging what they want to charge not to level the losses and gains, but because they can. You really want me to believe that with all of you wonderful trained Walmart cops out there that there are more CDs being stolen than sold. Get real, darling. For a 175% hike to be placed on something and the reasoning to be loss control, that would mean that for every 8 sent to the store there were 6 being stolen... Not for one moment would I believe that. Our jails would be full of Walmart shoplifters and the drug dealers, rapist, and murderers would be free. So, Aerron, consider yourself lucky that you have only been bruised and stabbed, because the moment that one of your kind puts their uneducated paws on me will be the day that one of your kind lands his a*s in a civil and criminal suit. Win or lose on criminal, I can promise you that the civil would in the least put you sleeping in shelters and eating in soup kitchens. Now, Aeron, another slice of pie for you to taste... If you Walmart cops are so greatly trained, why are there stalkers, streakers, and perverts all over your stores??? Why is it that in one store alone, a 12 month time span yielded a woman being sexually harrassed, a man in a different situation exposing his p***s to mothers and their children in the toys, employees making off with $30k in merchandise in less than a month, and an altercation between a manager and his wife in the store at the service desk in front of the employees??? Are those things too complex for your little security guard that wanted to be a cop but was not enough of a man to do it mind??? Have a great day, Aerron, and for your sake, pick up an application at McDonald's, they even pay more than Security Wash Outs, Inc. At least that is what my 16 year old nephew told me.

Knock it Off?

AUTHOR: Paul - (U.S.A.)

To the walmart employee that stated to KNOCK IT OFF concerning the opinions some made concerning walmart employees? Give me a break!! Exactly how long have you been employed with walmart anyway? Apparently not that long!

I worked for that company for 15 years. Had positions from Dept. Manager to Assitant Manager.
I've seen another Assistant Manager being so rude to other employees till they broke down and physically cried! She always came into work every single day with a bad attitude. She was reported to the District Manager by employees and by local vendors!

And yes she is still employed with the company to this very day. And STILL has the same horrible personality and attitude towards people.

When I became an assistant manager I asked her,"Why do you have such a bad attitude toward people, especially toward the people that you have to work with everyday?" "Can't you develop a more civil approach towards these people"? Her reply was, "Its the only way to receive respect!" Now how pityful is that?

Another example: I had seen an employees daughter take something off the shelf and put it in her jacket. I followed her, an assistant approached me while explaining to him what was happening. When he found out that it was an employees daughter he ran off to the other direction, and told me to leave it alone. He was actually afraid of her as well as others there. Tell another member of management you say? Well what good would that do if I had to walk away. We were always told to continue to follow them in case they ditched it.

And as for getting another clerk to inform other management? Nope, they didnt want to get involved either in fear of having to face the shoplifters parent everyday since they worked together in the same store. And yes I contacted the home office myself. Was told they would investigate it. Uh huh right. Called back and they tell me that the problem was taken care of!

I can continue with situations that I have seen and experienced in several stores that were just overlooked for some apparent reason or other! And yes there were other stores that I worked at with the same problem.

I still have friends that have been employed with Walmart for 20yrs. And they tell me those types of problems still exist. They can over look it, but I couldnt. I developed my own business and got the hell outta there. Or all stores like this? Well, as an assistant manager our positions called for us to be employed at several stores. And believe me it was the same situation. And of course some employees were excellent hard working, dependable and reliable. employees.

And as for the people they had working for loss prevention within the store? They were too busy standing in the corner with one of the employees. And yes they were reported too. And yes they still are employed with the store.

So dont tell anyone to KNOCK it off, when you probably havent been employed with the company long enough to see what is actually taking place!

Walmart Family Orientated? Hell No theyre not!! Its just as a few others had stated, all they care about is that all mighty dollar! And I
personally DON'T shop there anymore.

#5 Consumer Suggestion

Got a Life

AUTHOR: Darrel - (U.S.A.)

First of all, I am a 44 year old, long haired, married father of 3. I wear a leather jacket and make over $100k a year in the telecom industry working for a company. I am a consumer that frequents Wal-Mart as I find what I need there at prices I feel are reasonable.

I have never been accused of shoplifting by anyone, anywhere, at anytime . I have my receipts checked by MANY stores I spend money at. Best Buy, Comp-USA to name a couple. Wal-Mart is not the only retail stores doing this. I have purchased items at Wal-Mart that set off their door alarm. It was no big deal. The door greeter checked my receipt, and allowed me to continue to my vehicle and leave. I have never had a problem with any of the Wal-Marts I have shopped at. First of all, I always treat people with respect and I don't do anything that looks suspicous. If the greeter needs to see a receipt, they are just doing their job, I don't take it personally. I have done nothing wrong and I have nothing to worry about.

Are all Wal-Mart employees honest? I would say no.
Are all Wal-Mart employees right? I would say no.
Are all Wal-Mart employees evil? I would say no.

Are all Wal-Mart stores out to prosecute innocent customers? I would again say no.

I wonder why this long haired freak (me) that wears a leather jacket is able to shop at a variety of Wal-Marts and never have the problems I read about on this board? I have been faced with some similiar situations but the outcome was totally different than theirs. Am I just lucky? I don't think so. I believe part of it is the way I treat others that approach me and I keep my receipts and do business with this (an all) companies the way THEY want me to. It's their store, it's their rules, and I really don;t have a problem doing it their way.

Just so you all understand, "Their Way" is to pay for items BEFORE I leave, and retain a receipt for anything I have purchased and treat their employees with respect. It works for me. I realize there are 2 sides to every story, and some of your stories are just too far out there to be believable based on my own life experiences.

typo

AUTHOR: Mary - (U.S.A.)

Yes I know... I meant to say SECURITY officers... satisfied? Don't nitpick. ;-)
HAMMER, I WAS LAUGHING AT YOUR FIRST RESPONSE

That was funny. But, boy, this is one of the longest set of complaints about a company. Why don't you not only do your comments as a reply to the original complaint, but file that same response as a separate rebuttal/ complaint. That way, people and authorities will see the long list of complaints against the company. The more a company's name comes up under headings of complaints, the worse it's reputation will be, and the more attention it will bring.

It will alert the company and other consumer bureaus as well.

Also, you all should order a complaint form from your state attorney general's office (usually the state where the bad company is located and/or where it's corporate headquarters are located). The more official complaints a company receives, the better. Even get forms for friends, relatives, neighbors, colleagues and co-workers (or make a copy of the blank one you receive) and send them separately (or maybe together to save postage) to the attorney general's office. It's like signing a petition, except each signature has a form of its own. Employees of the bad company and former employees who are unhappy should do this as well. Get your husband, children, siblings all in on it. May need to be 18 and older, of course (depends, just check, children have rights too).

In fact, print up this webpage(s) where all your complaints are listed and send them to the manager of the location where you had the bad experience as well as to the corporate headquarters, even to the state attorney general's office along with your complaint form. Or you may want to send a copy of your attorney general's complaint form after you've filled it out to the manager and corporate headquarters as well, letting them know what hot water they've put themselves in.

AND TO THE SECURITIES OFFICERS, POLICE, WHAT HAVE YOU - WE UNDERSTAND YOU BREAK YOUR BACKS FOR US, BUT THAT'S NO REASON TO START BREAKING INNCOENT PEOPLE'S BACKS AND RUINING THE REPUTATION AND CLEAN RECORDS OF UPSTANDING CITIZENS. AND YOU'RE ONLY RUINING YOUR OWN REPUATION. WHY MAKE ENEMIES? JUST BECAUSE YOU'VE SUFFERED FROM CRIMINAL ATTACKS OR WITNESSED CRIMINAL MINDS OF ALL AGES, RACES AND OCCUPATIONS, DOES NOT MEAN YOU TAKE IT OUT ON INNOCENT CITIZENS. WE'RE DOING THE COMPANY YOU WORK FOR A FAVOR BY GIVING OUR MONEY TO PAY YOUR SALARIES. WE DON'T HAVE TO USE YOUR COMPANY'S SERVICES, WE DON'T HAVE TO GO TO YOUR STORE.

THE MISTREATMENT BY DULLARD OFFICERS IS RANKED SO HIGH, IT'S UNBELIEVABLE. WHAT IS UP WITH THESE FALSE ARRESTS? DO YOU WANT TO EARN YOUR DEPARTMENT THE REPUTATION OF NOT DOING THINGS CORRECTLY? THESE OFFICERS TAKE JOY IN RUINING INNOCENT PEOPLE. IF WE RESPOND TO YOU NEGATIVELY AS AN INITIAL RESPONSE WHEN YOU APPROACH US, SIMPLY BECAUSE YOU'RE DOING YOUR JOB, IT'S NOT SOMETHING YOU CAN HELP. PEOPLE JUST DON'T LIKE OFFICERS APPROACHING THEM BECAUSE YOU ARE ASSOCIATED TO NEGATIVITY - TICKETS, ARRESTS, ETC. IT'S LIKE AN ATTACKK ON US. WHY DON'T OFFICERS CONCENTRATE MORE ON CATCHING MURDERES AND KIDNAPPERS AND NOT ON TICKETING US OR ARRESTING UPSTANDING CITIZENS, WASTING OUR MONEY AND OUR TIME.

AND BY THE WAY, DON'T TRUST LAWYERS. THEY JUST STEAL YOUR MONEY AND MAKE THINGS WORSE SOMETIMES OR DON'T REALLY HELP AT ALL. MOST LAWYERS ARE ON THE SIDE OF THE PEOPLE WHO PUT YOU IN COURT. SOMETIMES THEY'RE EVEN PAID OR ARE IN SECRET TALKS WITH THE ENEMY.

THESE CIVIL SERVANTS ARE JUST THAT. I'M TIRED OF THESE UNINTELLIGENT BASTARDS WHO TRY TO WRECK PEOPLE'S LIVES. THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS THE JUSTICE SYSTEM, REMEMBER THAT. JUSTICE IS JUST ANOTHER WORD FOR CORRUPTION. OFFICERS (AS WELL AS, CREDIT CARD COMPANIES) ARE ON THE SIDE OF CORPORATE HEADS.

AND BELIEVE ME, DESPITE THE FACT THAT I HAVE A NEGATIVE VIEW OF OFFICERS, I AM FULLY AWARE THAT OFFICERS CAN'T JUST STAND AROUND BEING NICE AND THAT YOU ARE ALWAYS UNDER STRESSFUL, DANGEROUS SITUATIONS AND HAVE TO BE CAUTIOUS. BUT YOU PEOPLE CAN BE HORRIBLE. THE ONLY WAY TO RESPOND TO THESE OFFICERS IS BY KISSING THEIR NASTY FEET AND BRINGING OUT YOUR MANNERS. OTHERWISE, THEY PIN YOU AS A CRIMINAL RIGHT AWAY. PEOPLE JUST HAVE TO PUT ON A SMILE, WHEN YOU GET YOUR TICKET OR ARE APPROACHED. MAKE YOUR APOLOGIES, PUT ON YOUR FLIRT, AND MAYBE YOU CAN GET AWAY WITH A REAL CRIME. CAUSE THAT'S HOW THEY JUDGE YOU, RIGHT? BY HOW YOU LOOK OR ACT? THEY'RE NOT SMART ENOUGH TO FIGURE OUT WHO ARE THE REAL CRIMINALS ANYWAY.

#8 UPDATE EX-employee responds

On Shrinkage and the origin of the costs...

AUTHOR: Diva - (U.S.A.)

Hi,

I am a former Sam's employee (returns department, loss prevention team member), and I have a couple of comments.

First of all, the way that the original complainant was treated was wrong. There was an earlier post that named some of the possible sources of the misunderstanding (i.e. how it could have looked like a theft to the security officer), and I think that post was mostly accurate. I have been falsely accused by police officers of a number of offenses, but I recognize that if they didn't "falsely accuse" some (on accident), they'd never catch anyone. The problem here, from an employee's perspective, is that the Wal-Mart staff handled the situation incorrectly once the receipt came out. A solution that I often used when I was at Sam's was to do a quick inventory count of JUST that specific item (if it was a high-dollar item) to clarify the error (in case of the possibility of reusing the same receipt to load more than one Futon, for example). This is an ugly situation, and I can't really come down squarely on either side.

THE TRUE REASON FOR THIS POST -- Many have mentioned that the need to prevent theft is there to keep costs low. The insinuation has been that theft accounts for a large degree of the cost of goods sold. The FACT of the matter is that all "shrinkage" accounts for less than 2% of each month's sales. If shrinkage got above 1%, we had store-wide meetings to "discuss the problem"... FYI - Shrinkage at Sam's Club includes ALL non-sellable merchandise, including items stolen, broken/destroyed, etc. Unless there is some flaw in my math, stolen merchandise is currently less than 2% of Wal-Mart's bottom line. If we pulled back ALL loss prevention efforts, and shrinkage tripled, it would still be a negligible amount. I admit that I may be doing some bad math or using some bad logic, but that 2% figure sticks out in my head. The first time I saw it on a report, I said "that's IT?!?!" I couldn't believe that I was actually on a team to prevent something that only accounted for 2% of the bottom line... I am now studying for my MBA, and one of the things we went over when studying Wal-Mart is their low per-item markups. The entire business plan is basically built on volume (it is better to get a 1-cent profit on 100 items than to get a 5-cent profit on 10 items...) They have tightened their belt very tight, and they are not making much profit at all on individual items. Their money comes from selling a LOT of those same items. Therefore, I think that they just have to focus more on ANY source of loss, but I still think that it is a mistake to assume that shrinkage accounts for a large amount of the selling price of merchandise.

As far as working at Wal-Mart goes, it is like any other job. There are strong benefits to working there (I personally loved it, and my husband currently works at a Wal-Mart and he loves it), but there are also drawbacks. One drawback is the way that upset customers can act when you follow policy. I am African-American, and I had a customer call me the N-word and a "black " and threaten to come across the counter and choke me because he wanted to return a VCR without a receipt, and we didn't even sell that model of VCR...

CONCLUSION: While I understand that people can/do have valid points against Wal-Mart, please understand that it is an organization - a huge organization - built of many individuals, and people make mistakes. I am in no way saying that the security officers in question were right, I'm just hoping that now (over two years later), if we calmly look at the situation, we can at least see how they could have jumped to some of the conclusions that they did. The over-generalizations about both employees and customers are unmerited.

I know that someone is going to tear this apart, but at least I said my two-cents worth (no pun intended, given the earlier post about the two-cents)... I don't mean to defend those who are wrong, but I also don't mean to criminalize those who are not wrong.

#9 Consumer Suggestion

WALMART THE UNTOLD STORY

AUTHOR: Marc - (U.S.A.)

well some may know this alot dont sam walton didnt even trust his own fammily he had people report just to him about what went on with walmart now that he is gone havent you noticed they dont care any more you cant find help or if you want to return something its like pulling teeth all they are after is the all mighty dollar look how many mom and pop stores that are gone due to walmart heck we have an old walmart in joplin mo that had a sink hole inside and they left the building and now its an eye sore go figure and didnt do a thing about it and in carthage mo where the land was supposed to be used for receration or airport ran the old airport off and promised to build a new one and guess what never happened and now there sets the new super center for walmart go figure when another bussines owner checked into the land there was no title for the land the city and walmart just want it for its prime location and walmart got it and go figure gave the old one to a church so they get a tax break and isnt it funny if you walk around looking for something you cant find they think your going to rob them but yes the new sensers they have put in i hear them going off all the time and they have to check the whole thing to make sure you didnt rob them and thats nuts and not to pleasent when every one is watching you and all becasue they didnt get it shut off at the check out and heck try to return it with no recipt and have to pay hell wen it goes back off trying to get back in so i would say people need to just do like they did in other citys ban walmart from comming to your town!!!!!!

China trade

The best figures I have concerning Wal-Mart's trade with China are:

"Wal-Mart, which in the late 1980s and early 1990s trumpeted its claim to "Buy American," has doubled its imports from China in the past five years alone, buying some $12 billion in merchandise in 2002. That's nearly 10% of all Chinese exports to the United States."
[DELETED]

and....

"Yesterday's news brought word that the U.S. had achieved yet another record. Its trade with China produced the largest deficit between two countries the world has ever seen. Walmart alone bought so much stuff from China that it would be China's 8th largest trading partner, ahead of Britain and Russia, if it were a sovereign nation. And the gap continues to widen!"
[DELETED]

9 July 2003

Walmart/ China

AUTHOR: Pat - (U.S.A.)

I got it wrong. I was thing of the $103 billion trade imbalance. Wal-Mart itself accounts for $12 billion worth of Chinese imports. It is one of China's biggest trading partners.
But when you stop and think what $12 billion buys in China - well it goes a awfully lot further than in the United States. Buys a lot of AK47s!

re: With Us or Against Us

Pat,

Please don't take this the wrong way, but that's a very interesting remark regarding Walmart's expenses in China. I had no idea that they spend that much money over there each year!

What reference material(s) assisted you with that statement?

Thank you!

Your Either With Us or Against Us!

AUTHOR: Pat - (U.S.A.)

Support your local Walmart, China's largest supporter and customer!!! They spend as much with China in a year as the United States budgets in a year.

FRENZY: everyone has joined in on ...how horrible Wal-Mart is

AUTHOR: Marc - (U.S.A.)

You know, when I first found this discussion it was because I was looking to file a complaint on Wal-Mart. The funny thing is that I've spent so much time reading all the ridiculous "back and forth" that I don't even remember what my original complaint was! This thread started off as a complaint filed by one individual regarding one incident that happened. Since then, everyone has joined in on the frenzy of doing their very best to convince others of how horrible Wal-Mart is.

It's even gotten to the point that there are personal attacks being made by people against each other. Several individuals have been attacking Tammy from Texas... accusing her of being Sybil (by the way Tammy... that's referring to someone with multiple personalities) because of things that were said by Tammy from Grandview Missouri... TWO DIFFERENT INDIVIDUALS!

Others have been attacking Jay because she is defending her place of employment. Wal-Mart is just like any other company in America... all stores operate just a little differently and the true atmosphere of any given store rests ENTIRELY on the shoulders of that store's management team... that's just the way it is.

If those of you attacking Jay will look a little deeper, she's not really defending Wal-Mart. In fact she's made several statements about how much Wal-Mart stinks and that she will be leaving there when the time is right. All she's asking of the readers of this forum is for a little consideration of the employees that work for the faceless corporate giant that is Wal-Mart.

Frankly I admire her for sticking with a place like Wal-Mart during the disaster situations that have been caused by the successive hurricanes in Florida. Few of us across the US could imagine the stress that employees of a retail provider in Florida's storm-ravaged areas are going through right now... the customers are tired and angry because they need supplies that are scarce, employees are tired and angry because they TOO need those supplies and don't have time to go get them because they're too busy working serving their neighbors and trying to make them happy, looters are running rampant, and the electricity is often out... we should all experience such misfortune. Even if her store was not directly affected by the storms, the overflow and demand from those that were has got to bring on some pretty major headaches!

Let's get back to the root of the discussion. Someone was unhappy because of the fact the their spouse was wrongfully apprehended by a loss prevention specialist at a Wal-Mart. The truth is, that's just one side of the story... only the guy arrested knows the truth... none of us do. Who are we to judge?

If you have such a hatred towards Wal-Mart, then quit shopping there and go to one of those websites mentioned by Tammy IN GRANDVIEW, MISSOURI. If you have such a love for Wal-Mart, then continue feeding them with the monthly infusion of your hard-earned money.

Either way, enough of the personal attacks... that's not what this website is intended for!!!

G-day!

#15 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Why are Wal-Mart Employees so defensive?

AUTHOR: Aaron - (U.S.A.)

Certainly not every store across America is the same from state to state or city to city. However, isn't it odd that so many people would have such similar experiences from the same chain of stores? I can understand that your stores of employment may be those special ones that never have these types of issues, and that different stores may have different policies, but is it that hard to see that there is a problem with Wal-Mart in general, maybe not specifically your store, but in general especially since so many people in such diverse communities are encountering the same problem? To the lady with the shoplifting charges, I say fight till you can't fight anylonger. It may prove to be a loss in the end since there are so many other factors aside from the actual case, but I hope you can prove your innocence. It is a sad state of affairs when a person makes such a petty mistake and isn't even given the chance to prove their character. I am sure that you would have returned the items, but on the other hand they were just doing their jobs. But when they questioned you, they should have been able to determine the truth. Unfortunatley we all fall victim for others misjudgement.

#16 Consumer Suggestion

I don't feel a bit sorry for you people.

AUTHOR: Brian - (U.S.A.)

Let's see I am 40 and never been arrested or even stopped for shoplifting. You would think that you guys were having your privacy invaded and had a cavity search. "I can't show you my reciept cause I'm in a hurry but I can stand here and argue for 20 minutes". Geez people you'd think they were asking you to strip and spread-em.

If you don't think people will steal such a small amount think again. I have seen people steal nuts and bolts from Ace that were priced at a few cents at most. People have come into the recycling that I work at and you find that they have crammed a pound of rocks into an aluminum cans so that they could get an extra 23 cents for a whole bag and some of these people are driving really expenive cars and are dressed nice. So the amount of maoney involved and the amount of money they have isn't an issue.

I am sure that you did have two kids in your cart but you should be watching more closely. Did my kids ever "accidently" take something from a store, sure 1 time and 1 time only that I know of. I would have accepted the responsiblity if it had been caught. Take the consequences of not watching you kids closely. I bet you will from now one won't you?

I see a bunch of these.....it was only $### why would I steal that? comments. Didn't you think that all of these small amounts adds up to one big one?

I know a person that works at wl-mart and she told me that this is a normal scam they see all the time...2 people show up at Wal-mart in 2 separate cars, they split up and shop and purchase several items usually including one from outside, they take their purchase and load it in their car and then make up a reason to return to the store.

Upon returning to the store the purchase 1 or 2 small items and take another one of the items from outside that is the same as what they took before. If questioned they show the first receipt and say "see I just paid for it". They always will offer to let you check their car to preve they didn't already take one. This is why they show up in 2 cars, so that they can load the first one in one car and head to the other car after that.

Going back in the store is really important and they usually say "hi" to the door greeter and pick the cashier nearset them so that they know that they just went through the line and paid for something. They really want that greeter to notice them so they will make comments like "I forgot my cigarettes" or "I just say those outside and had one at that price".

They hope by making those comments the greeter will think this is the first one they are taking and not the second. She has told me about a bunch of the other scams she sees but I don't want to give anyone ideas they don't already have.
I hope that makes sense. If you read the reports you will find a bunch of complaints about Wal-mart that sound pretty much like that.

If you get caught take the punishment and don't do it again. I don't like having to pay more for stuff because people want to take things that they think they have a right to because Wal-mart is a big store.

#17 UPDATE EX-employee responds

In Response to Jay....

Hello Jay,

As for your remarsk about people not being able to spell---and writing all in Caps. I wrote all in Caps and obviously you want to know why or you wouldnt be making comments on it.

This company spins me up---they are ruthless, treat their employees like dirt, low wages, lousy benefits ( that most of the associates cant even afford) hmmmm.what else..unless you are a really good at sucking then you dont get your pick of the good hours or weekends off...

I have been in enough stores to know what goes in with this company. Your staying at Wal Mart because of the other people in your dept., come on, would they stay for you? Hell no, and you already know that. Your stuck in a rut that every other a*s ociate is stuck in. Fortunately I got out of that rut and have a much better paying job and a much better atmosphere to work in.

You know Wal Mart is a screwed up company to work for. Their turn over is tremendous and they have poor customer service wherever you go in the store and nobody is a professional in what they do.

For instance, go to hardware and any Joe Schmo will mix your paint for you. That is funny..we had paint mixed at Wal Mart when we moved to Ohio and it was a totally different shade by the time the professional got done mixing it, oh yeah...lawn and garden...half the people out there dont even know how to water a plant let alone answer a question you have about them, TLE..need I start there. The so called mechanics out there---which they are glorified oil changers, dont care about your car, I have seen customers come back in and complain that their oil cap was never put back on..my daughter was one, also lug nuts on the tires not fastened all the way down, one store I was in had to buy the customer a brand new SUV, due to their neglience. I tell everyone that I know..dont shop Wal Mart...they are a rip off..their prices are going up, and they are also driving the little man out of business.

One more thing..I could care less what you think of my comments and the way I write, I can almost guarantee here who is sitting higher up on the pedestal and not because of Wal Mart.

Oh by the way, how could I possibly not like anyone in any of the Wal Marts around the US when I dont even know them. I am only going by what I have seen and been thru in all five of the stores that I have worked in. (Yeah. thats right five.. have you ever heard of being transferred with the MILITARY....)

Last but not least......

BOYCOTT WAL MART...THEY DONT DESERVE YOUR BUSINESS...

learn what we are talking about first

AUTHOR: Wendy - (U.S.A.)

first of all we are not talking about someone going into the store and vandalizing it. we are talking about innocent people that are treated like crap by employees from walmart. now you are totally correct about not everyone being these jerks that we have had the bad luck of meeting at the store and that not all stores are the same.

i had $200.00 in my pocket and two kids in my cart i accidently forgot a couple of hairclips totaling of $14.25 with taxes and they said i was shoplifting this stuff was in my cart not in my purse or my pants i had not even gotten to my car yet. so this is what we are talking about innocent people that are accused of something that we did not do.

I am not a shopplifter and i have a clean record but i would think that someone that wants to shoplift would steal something that is worth something else but it is ok because we will see them in court in september.

You could care less.....

AUTHOR: Jay - (U.S.A.)

about the injustice done to the original subject of this report. Quick, without looking, what was the problem? Yeah....

This place could REALLY use a spell checker. There are a lot of bitter people on here who can't spell, can't put a sentence together without ALL CAPITAL LETTERS RUNNING TOGETHER AND MAKING IT DIFFICULT TO READ BECAUSE THEY THINK IT IS SO MUCH MORE EFFECTIVE.... . Take the caps button off and get over yourselves.

Yeah, I still work for Walmart, and they work me like a dog these days. And why am I staying? You won't believe me, but at the moment, I am staying for the other employees that work in my area. Yeah, no kidding. We are so overworked and understaffed at the moment that if I leave, it will just be harder for them. One of the reasons we are so understaffed is that a lot of our workers are at one of the stores that was demolished by Hurricane Charley, helping to rebuild it so the people in that area have someplace to shop for food and other necessities. Maybe Walmart isn't your choice, but at this time, it's the best choice for them. I would rather be at home myself, especially with another hurricane breathing down my neck, but I would personally feel bad about leaving everyone in the lurch.

But back to this issue. Theft is theft. Whether you want to admit it or not, it is a crime. Like the signs all say, it's not a joke. Neither is the nasty woman who is now going around our area, not just at Walmart, destroying property by marking and slashing it. Should we let this psycho keep going? What happens when she decides that destroying store property isn't enough fun, and she decides to go after people? Then do we complain that the people who worked in the store didn't do their jobs and should all be sued and punished because they didn't take her down like some common thief?Trust me, everyone who has been hit by her has tried, and not just because of the property loss. We want her put away where people are safe from her.

I agree that Walmart is screwed up. Mr. Sam must be rolling like a turbo in his grave at what goes on in those stores today. But what makes you uneducated, (and I judge this from the quality of your writing and "speech" skills)nasty, rude, second guessing know it alls who are assuming things that you cannot possibly know - think you have the right to condemn everyone who works at Walmart? You have been nasty about people you don't know, and who haven't done a thing to you.

And as for the "ex-employee" who says that all the loss prevention people are fat chicks, etc....I think we know why you are an ex. You sound like you are such a sensitive, wonderful person. I can't imagine why Walmart, or anyone for that reason, would not consider YOU a valuable asset to the company.

Just to give you wanna be crooks a fighting chance, here's some hints. In my store, the LPs are not "fat chicks" (such a classy term, huh?). They also aren't losers. I would also beware of all the sales associates on the floor, because we all have this nasty tendency to work together to let those lean mean LP people know when we see something going on...as do the cashiers, and the CSMs. Oh, and did I mention the electronics dept, and the fitting room operators, and the other outlying areas? See, we all learned to work together to stop the thefts. We are very very good, ....and you're busted before you hit the door.

Welcome to Walmart....just be sure you pay for that before you leave. Our other customers also rat you out. Have a nice day.

#20 UPDATE EX-employee responds

AUTHOR: Cathy - (U.S.A.)

I meant to say..the man who was arrested in Chico Calif by the LPO in Loss prevention in the Wal Mart store..was NOT WRONG..he was a victim...sue the hell out of them....go for blood where these bastards are concerned..they dont understand anything but hitting them in the wallet...

BOYCOTT WAL MART

make sure you look at your labels when you have to purcahse food there...my old store never checked their out of date labels and put that stuff on the shelf for sale..and I ended up returning 200 pct of the customers money back to them....for bad mdse..

#21 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Nothing good to say about Wal Mart... BOYCOTT

AUTHOR: Cathy - (U.S.A.)

I am an ex employee of Wal Mart and let me comment on the so called security person for this louzy company....If Wal Mart doesnt like your (So called quota for catching thieves) they either let you go from the company or demote you to another dept within the store.
Wal Marwt doesnt care about anything but the bottom dollar or what it takes to get that bottom dollar.

The man who was arrested in Chico Calif..was WRONG...I dont care how you put it....since their SECURITY..undercover IDIOTS had this man arrested these morons could have went up front and asked the CSM to ask the CASHIERS from the front end and the outlying registers who rang out a FUTON...and the other ITEMS that this man purchased.

BOYCOTT WAL MART..THEY DONT DESERVE ANY BUSINESS FROM ANYONE...LETS ALL STAND TOGETHER AND PUT THIS GREEDY BIG CORPORATION OUT OF BUSINESS...AND THEN LETS SEE THE BIGWIGS SQUIRM WHEN THEY ARE IN THE SAME POSITON AS K MART...THERE ARE OTHER GROCERY STORES AROUND YOU DONT NEED TO SHOP THEIR SUPERCENTERS..AND HALF THE TIME..THEIR FOOD IS BAD ANYWAY..I WAS THE LEAD CSM AT A STORE AND I HAD TO REFUND 200 PCT OF THE CUSTOMERS PURCHASE MANY A TIME ON BAD MEAT, AND PRODUCE....AND THINK ABOUT IT..IT IS NEVER WAL MARTS FAULT..I AM ALSO INVOLVED IN THE BIGGEST LAWSUIT AGAINST THIS CORPORATE GIANT..AND I DONT CARE IF I GET A DOLLAR FROM IT....I WANT TO SEE THIS COMPANY PAY OUT BILLIONS OF DOLLARS TO PEOPLE WHO WERE MISTREATED BY THIS GREEDY GIANT...CUSTOMERS AND ASSOCIATES AND EX ASSOCIATES...

ALSO THEIR MGMNT IS VERY POOR...THESE PEOPLE THINK THEY ARE GOD WITH RED WHITE AND BLUE TAGS THAT SAY MGMT UNDER THEIR NAMES...THEY ARE LAUGHING JOKES....
THINK OF THIS ALSO....A CERTAIN PCT OF THE ASSOCIATES WHO WORK FOR THIS SO CALLED WONDERFUL COMPANY CANT EVEN AFFORD INSURANCE AND THEY ARE EITHER ON WELFARE OR FOOD STAMPS---CAUSE THEY DONT MAKE ENOUGH TO SUPPORT THEIR FAMILIES....

BOYCOTT WAL MART...BOYCOTT WAL MART..BOYCOTT WAL MART...

THEY ARE RUTHLESS...

I SPENT 12 LONG YEARS WITH THIS COMPANY AND LOOKING BACK...I REGRET EVERY d**n SECOND I WAS THERE...

#22 UPDATE EX-employee responds

NOT ALL LPO'S ARE EX COPS

AUTHOR: Aaron - (U.S.A.)

I worked for Wal-Mart for a few months, all their mystery shoppers, or undercover shopppers were either fat chicks or kids with parents that worked there. They are so easy to spot. They look at the same dress that is 10 sizes too small, they wander into the automotive department and mens shoes. They rarely have a cart with any items, and you can usually catch them returning their itmes to the shelf. So, to all the LPO's, I say this, your title doesn't give you much credit, for all we know on this site, you're a 400 lb. donut eating rent-a-d**k, or a 110 lb geek that spends their time hanging out in the electronics dept playing the video games. Even funnier than the fat chicks are the middle aged, mullet sportin', Biker gang wanna be's that are alone shopping in the babies and infants section!

Sad to see people like you get hired at all...

AUTHOR: Matt - (U.S.A.)

I have read several stories here and several responses. For those of you who were falsely accused, I am sorry for your hardship. Get a lawyer and sue. The lawer can get the proper evidence asi it is all completely documented. For those of you who are thieves, you will get caught no matter how good you are. For those of you who are in the field of loss prevetion, hear this...

I spent several years as a loss prevention manager for one of the largest US electronocs and media retailers. I was also among the top in the nation. Loss prevention is exactly what it states - The Prevention of Lost Assets. Anything that creates loss for the company is your affair (inventory, cash, payroll, improper procedure..) I saw someone state that we are only human and bad stops happen. Bad stops are NEVER excusable. You do not treat people in that manner.

Also, a bad stop for $5 or even $500 in possible theft will generally cost your company 1 to 3 million dollars plus bad PR. How did you prevent loss? You didn't, you made it worse. If you get into a scuffle with a shoplifter and it poses a danger to anyone's health- let them go. If you are in fear that they may not be a thief, let them go. If you get into a chase situation that poses danger, let them go! I am in one of the toughest areas in the country for this field. External thieves (non-employees) are the smallest form of theft anyway.

Granted, they warrant action, so long as you put the bottom line in the proper direction. The largest losses are internal thieves (employees) and inventory management issues. Loss prevention is a science, not a sport. Also, anyone who works in the field of loss prevention knows that there is a 5 step process to a positive apprehension of a shoplifter. Follow the rule "If you didn't clearly see it, it didn't happen". Notice I use the term apprehension, not arrest.

That is because you (no matter how badly you wish) are not a police officer. Yes, at times apprehensions do get rough. If you are worth your salt, you can handle the situation with speed and grace. My policy has been to apprehend without the actual customers noticing when at all posible. BOTTOM LINE: You work for the customer to ensure fair pricing because they absorb the cost of these shoplifters.

Loss, properly known in the field as shrink % is calculated by total SALES $ divided by lost $. Without the customers buying, you are dead in the water. The next time you are suspicious about that person loading a large item into their car.... Politely ask them if you may verify their receipt, then thank them and help them load their car. This is business, not ego... If you wanted to live off of your ego, you should have been a pro football player..... If any of you are still not satisfied, my average shrink was .016% per $40 million in sales. Anyone in the field knows that is phenominal, especially in a major city.

Sticking my neck out, just to speak out...I AM in fact, a glorified Rent-A-Pig.

AUTHOR: Andrew - (Canada)

I am presently a Loss Prevention Officer in Ontario. I have heard a lot of complaints about how we work, or what we do. Firstly, YES. I AM in fact, a glorified Rent-A-Pig. But don't treat me as a second class citizen. I work on Construction sites aside from retail shops, and for the most part, I do a job where my sole responsibility involves looking over a certain site and ensure that nothing gets stolen or vandalized.

As it sits, after the workers leave every night, every area of the sites are classified as Private Property for the company, and I am required by my job to approach each and every person that strays from the street. Now yes, I agree that is a pain in the a*s to the people, but I am in a job where I know that no one will love me. But I still do it. I have caught some people stealing, some people vandalizing, and so forth, but I have a set number of things I must look for before I even start the arrest.

Most of the situations I see, can be solved with communication, and that is where I think retail Loss Prevention lacks. But even if there is a theft, even before I finish the arrest, there are steps I must take. I must alert police and tell them what is going on, location, time, and basic description of vehicle and person.

Then I must alert my patrol supervisor and give the same information, then I approach, and alert them of my presence, if an arrest is made, I have to alert them as to why I am confining them and placing charges, present my proof to them as to why I am doing so, confirm identity, and make them aware of what will happen, and how they can get counsel for any trial if it comes to it. Now with that said, there also is a lot of instinct that can be taken. I can see that the person is just grabbing what looks like scrap, then tell them of the fact that the status of the objects are unknown and to come during the day, talk to the leadhand and if possible, get written authorization for the release of the material to them. Depending on how they react to that, is how I base my judgement.

Sometimes I do feel like I am a joke with my job, but most of the time I feel good with what I do. Without thatwood or material, the house will ultimately be behind production, causing greif to the consumer. Now that is what makes me feel good, if I can keep schedules going. For the most part, what I do is in fact laughable, but I do stick to the books on approaches, but use my judgement on arresting. What it sounds like here is a bunch of gung h*o people, on both sides, and while there are a lot of cases where it shouldn't have happened that way, we should all be lucky that we weren't involved with the cases of forced asphyxia, as the two gurards in I think TO were. They did everything by the books, arrested someone for stealing, but made the grave mistake of not taking the suspect off their stomache, causing the death of the man.

We all have a job to do, and all I can say is, good or bad, it could be worse. Overall I am proud of what I do, but it is the odd cases that make me wonder if the problem is with the people, or the training. I know what police have to go through, because they have told me 'horror' stories, and Loss Prevention is nowhere near as in depth. But I just want to be treated as a worker, not as a thing to be scraped off the bottom of societies shoe. Thank you for listening.

Where on this report

AUTHOR: Jay - (U.S.A.)

does it say one thing about a law enforcement officer being arrested for stealing a $6 pair of shorts?

What? Are we now dragging these things out of mid-air? I rolled all the way back to the beginning and didn't see that.

I wouldn't say that a cashier was lazy for not picking up a refrigarator. And I wonder why the custmer would sit one on top of the rest of his purchases? Most people would have the sense to put something like that on the top.

Why doesn't the customer ever have any responsibilty? A little common sense would go a long way.

Since you have a lawyer

AUTHOR: Jay - (U.S.A.)

I would suggest you take the advise you are paying for, instead of asking a bunch of over-emotional people on this board, or any other, for that matter, to give you "legal advise".

The additional amount you are being fined is a standard. Shoplifters can be fined up to $2000 for even the first offense, plus 5 years in jail. The $225 is restitution for all the paperwork, etc. Sometimes there are several employees tied up for hours waiting for the officers to get there to do all the paperwork required for the shoplifting.

Most shoplifters have the money in their pockets. It's usually not about the money.

Again, don't ask people here for legal help....stick to what your lawyer, who was trained for this sort of thing, is telling you to do.

This is the sanest, best advise you will get here.

YOU TWO

AUTHOR: Laura - (U.S.A.)

SAD GO IT IS. THE LAW ENFORCEMENT OFFICER THAT WAS ACCUSED OF STEALING A $6 PAIR OF SHORTS, RESIGNED HIS POSITION TODAY, DUE OT THE FACT THE JAIL WAS GOING TO POSSIBLY LET HIM GO, DUE TO THE FACT HE WAS ARRESTED.

SAD GO IT IS THAT THERE WAS NOT A CHANCE IN HECK THAT THIS OFFICER NOT LOOSE HIS JOB, DUE TO THE FACT SOME CASHIER AT WALMART IN KISSISSIMEE WAS TO LAZY TO MOVE A REFRIGERATOR IN THE CART THAT COVERED SOME SHORTS. IT WASN'T SO BAD, BUT WHEN HE WENT TO LEAVE AFTER PAYING FOR THE MERCHANDISE HE HAD PAID FOR, THE LPO'S GOT HIM IN THE GARDEN CENTER, GEE DID HE EVEN LEAVE THE STORE?

GOOD LUCK ON FIGHTING THE NATIONS LARGEST RETAILER OF...WHAT ELSE...SOME SMILEY CIRCLE THING THAT RACKS IN THE INNOCENT

I WAS FALSELY ACCUSED ALSO

AUTHOR: Wendy - (U.S.A.)

I HAVE ALWAYS SHOPPED AT WALMART SINCE I CAN REMEMBER MY 5 YEAR OLD EVEN USED TO SAY THAT HER FAVORITE STORE WAS WAL MART. WELL ONE DAY ALL THAT CHANGED. MY MOM, NEICE,SON DAUGHTER, AND ME WERE GOING TO VALUE CITY BUT DECIDED TO STOP AT WALMART FIRST. I WAS NOT GOING TO BUY ANYTHING. I GOT A CART PUT MY SON AND NEICE ON THE BACK OF THE CART. THEN WE ALL WENT TO THE ACCESORIES DEPT. I DECIDED TO BUY A COUPLE OF PONY TAILS FOR MY LITTLE GIRL, BUT MY NEICE AND SON WERE STEPPING ALL OVER THEM I GOT MAD AND PUT THEM ON THE BACK OF THE CART. WITHOUT REALIZING LATER ON I ALSO PUT A WALMART AD DOWN THERE. I WENT TO PAY LATER ON TWO GALLONS OF WATER AND FORGOT ABOUT THE STUFF UNDERNEITH I STOPPED AT THE DOOR TO WAIT FOR MY MOTHER I ASKED THE GREETER WHERE THERE WAS A SUPER WALMART AROUND HERE SHE ANSWERED ME WITH AN ATTITUDE AND I WAS ALITTLE SURPRIESED SHE KEPT STARRING AT ME THEN WHEN I WENT OUTSIDE HER AND A GUY FROM LOSS PREVENTION FOLLOWED ME. THEY TOOK ME TO THE ROOM AND HE TOLD ME THAT HE HAD THE CAMERA ON ME SINCE THE MINUTE I CAME IN. I WAS LIKE WHY. BUT HE DID NOT ANSWER. I TOLD HIM I HAVE NEVER STOLEN BEFORE I HAVE A CLEAN RECORD WHY WOULD I STILL IF I HAVE $200.00 IN MY POCKET AND I SHOWED IT TO HIM I TOLD HIM I WILL PAY FOR THAT I ONLY FORGOT HE SAID OH WELL IT IS TOO LATE FOR YOU NOW.

HE ALSO SAID YOU ONLY PROBABLY HAVE NOT GOTTEN CAUGHT STEALING I WAS LIKE YOU ARE NOONE TO ACCUSE ME. YOU DON'T KNOW ME WHEN THE POLICE CAME THEY SAID I HAVE A CLEAN RECORD GAVE ME A 50.00 TICKET AND I LEFT. THEN WALMART SENDS ME A BILL FINING ME FOR 225.00 (THE ITEM WAS ONLY 14.25 INCLUDING TAX) I DID NOT PAY HIRED A LAWYER AND NOW I HAVE A COURT DATE ON 7-19-2004 IF ANYONE HAS ANY SUGGESTIONS OR COMMENTS PLEASE POST THEM BELOW.

I spent an interesting evening reading

AUTHOR: Jay - (U.S.A.)

letters to this website from Target employees and people complaining about Target.

Those who worked for Target were telling people that they should read the back of the receipts where it was explained in microscopic type that they MUST have the receipt to get a refund or to do an exchange, NO EXCEPTIONS. And you have to read this at the time of purchase, apparently BEFORE it rolls out of the register.

The shoppers were aghast that this should apply to them...what!!??? TO ME??? THE PERFECT PERSON? Of course not me, who should never be expected to keep a receipt, or take care of something, or to return it within the 90 days as stated in plain English on the back of the receipt.

They also went on to point out that they (Target) were real business people and would not be caught dead running the store like those other people, aka Kmart and Walmart, who were dumb enough to take back anything.

Of course, others retaliated by saying that someone big (and who is that???) wrote that Target was the worst customer service store (How can that be??) that they steal from thier customers (NO!! really?), that the security watches you like a hawk (actually, been there, seen that)....etc, etc, etc.

The general theme from the people that worked there was that if you don't have your receipt, you don't deserve a refund or an exchange, and who the hell do you think you are that you should beg to be an exception, just because you got it for a gift...after all, the dumb idiot who got it for you could have gotten you a gift receipt if they really cared. Hey, just paraphrasing here...and not too far off. They even pointed out that ALL THE STORES give gift receipts if you ask (TRUE). so you have NO EXCUSE. In other words, you or your loved ones are really morons if you walk in that door without a receipt and expect anything but ridicule and scorn.

Gee, Walmart doesn't seem so bad with those gift cards now, does it, lol?

And whatsoyourname, sorry,I forgot it....you are the one who raised those 4 kids who answer you either loudly with nonsense or say, "Whatever." I hope they are no more then teens, and you still have a chance to fix it.

I believe you may have noticed I am a litte better in verbal skills than they seem to be in their arguments. I don't have to raise my voice to be heard. I also don't make false assumptions. Where in any of my past posts did it say I had left Walmart, as you assumed? If you really read my post you would not believe I was Gung-h*o for the way they treat the employees these days.

I do believe that the shoppers have a responsibilty to themselves and others, and well as ANY STORE they shop in to be reasonable, honest people, who are responsible for thier own actions, and who can learn to hold onto a receipt. I know that Seats, Pennys, Dillards, and for sure, TARGET, will insist you have the receipt....so why not Walmart?

#30 Consumer Suggestion

Just something to ponder.

AUTHOR: Reid - (U.S.A.)

Hey Everyone,

I hope that this message finds you all in good spirit and health.

It sounds to me like part of the problem here may be due to disenchanted employees. I used to work for a Kmart out here in Hawaii... and the morale seemed to be comperable to that of a very gloomy and solemn ambiance.

The managers at Kmart really did treat us like dirt. I often felt as though Kmart pays it's employees $7.00 an hour, but expected $21.00 worth of work in return. I am not exactly sure what Walmart employees are paid, but I'm willing to bet not a whole lot more.

Union representation sounds appropriate for this particular situation. I believe, that any and all large corporations, that are truly interested in a high employee morale and increased productivity would not be opposed to the idea.

As a matter of fact, I have read somewhere (I forget where) about a company that actually encouraged their employees to seek union representation.

Isn't that awesome? Leveled playing field! Increases morale, which in turn increases productivity, customer's are treated better, everyone's happy, win, win. Happy employees, regardless of low wages.

Fair treatment alone would probably increase the employees morale ten fold. Of course there are union dues, that must be paid, but any increase in wages will automatically difer any nominal dues incurred.

I have attempted to establish union representation at the Kmart, in which I had been employed, but all of my efforts have fallen upon deaf ears, by the very people who often complained the most regarding the poor working conditions.

Establishing a movement will require some hard work, but in the end will prove to be very rewarding. Just something for Wallmart employees to seriously consider.

Until next time, take care cause I care, Aloha from Hawaii and God Bless.

P.S. Seeking union representation can also be a fun and learning experience, especially if you don't get along so well with upper management. Contact a local union shop stewart, or rep in your area for details.

Your Civil Rights are not being violated

So get over it.

You may think they are, but you are wrong. Just like you are about the quotas, but, hey, I guess you are amongst those who also believe that cops have to make a quota of tickets each month, and maybe judges have to sentence a certain number of people a certain way, etc.

Again, some people's minds are made up, do not confuse them with facts.

I did not call anyone names, just agreed that some of the people on the board have displayed interesting personality changes. And they all know who they are. I did explain who Sybil was.

I am still at Walmart at the moment, and will be until I leave to start my own business next year. And when I do, I will welcome honest people to shop there. But I guarentee you that anyone who steals from me will be prosecuted to the very fullest extent of the law. Anyone who comes in and acts suspicious will indeed be watched. Anyone who doesn't like it is welcome to shop elsewhere. You have the right to remain out of a store. You have the right to spend your hard earned dollars anywhere else you want. You have the right to your opinion, but your opinion doesn't make something a fact.

Why do you continue to shop at Walmart? Why aren't you spending those hard earned bucks somewhere else? Why do you waste your breathe even discussing a store your proclaim to hate. As I said before, not one day passes that someone doesn't come in without a reciept, or drags in something they have had for the last six months and doesn't get a refund,...then moans and yells that they "will never come in this store again"....and yet, there they are the very next week...same old same old.

When all is said and done....much is said....little is done.

Jay, when you first joined this discussion,

AUTHOR: Debbie - (U.S.A.)

I gave you the benefit of the doubt about you statements about quotas. I even though I totally disagree with you, never said a word becuase you handled yourself in a very business like manner. Stated you opinion, no name calling, no derogatory remarks...
You have now stepped over that line. I am the mother of 4 and let me tell ya, when they felt that the had lost an argument or "discussion" they did one of two things.

1) Fought back loud and hard using anything that would deflect from the real issue OR

2) Just comeout with the classic blowoff "WHATEVER"

You have fallen into both of those catagories poor man. Walmart must have really played a number on your head.

Look they do have quotas. And they do not randomly stop people. It's the I don't like the way you look theory. IF I am stopped at the door for any reason, THAT violates my civil rights, (UNLESS they can prove I have stolen something and they better be d**n sure BEFORE, I hit that door). So since I am not a theif and IF I shopped at Walmart I have now paid them for the priviledge of implying I am.

So since you are so Walmart gung-h*o, and you agree with violating civil rights, why is it again you LEFT Walmart??

Tammy & Laura agree with Chicken Little,...THE SKY IS FALLING

AUTHOR: Jay - (U.S.A.)

Well....why not, they agree with every other foolish thing they hear and spout whatever "Fact" they need to back up thier argument against Walmart, and I would assume, anyone or anything else they don't like.

Loss prevention does not have quotas they must meet or lose thier jobs. What utter nonsense. Yes, I know this for a fact. I have watched them wander around the store, observing people we know have stolen things, and we have let them out because we did not see them actually take the item. The only thing these two actually have correct is that we must have been "eyeballing" them from start to finish. We have to see them take it, and keep them in line of sight the entire time, right up to the unlawful exit at the door. That is how your security person works.

The door greeter is allowed to ask to see your receipt. Even randomly. So show it if you have nothing to hide. I have covered the door when they were short and needed help. 90 per cent of the people just show you the receipt and move on. Why would you want to be a nasty beligerent SOB if you have no problems, no reason to be, and not a thing to hide. We can't stand there and make sure you paid for that unbagged item. And hey, if the cashier forgot to take a gator tag off your clothes and you have to come back because you thought you would beat the syteem and kept going.....who showed who??

Tammy, Laura....all you "in the know"...."self rightous, God appointed protectors of the little guy" against the demons of Walmart and it's ilk.....get a life.

Tammy....Sybil was a woman with a personality to fit all occassions. Now you know. I think she had about 31. What's your number?

I AGREE!!!

AUTHOR: Tammy - (U.S.A.)

I agree with Laura in Orlando. I still say that Ken in Texas has the STRONGEST argument of all, that should end all arguments, and I totally agree with him. He knows what he's talking about, and he backed it up with real facts. He said, "This threadbare argument made by Wal-Mart loyalists that AGGRESSIVE loss prevention is done with the customer's good in mind, i.e. keeping prices down, is so much balderdash.

The annual survey done by the National Retail Security Assn. paints a slightly different picture.

~ Employee Theft ~ 43% of loss
~ Shoplifting ~ 32% of loss
~ Internal Paperwork Error/Vendor Fraud ~ 25% of loss.

It doesn't take a mathematician to see that if Wal-Mart concentrated on eliminating employee error, vendor fraud, and thieving associates they could save more than twice the amount they get by badgering honest customers."

Ken - Llano, Texas

YOU GO KEN!

QUOTA V.S LOOSING JOB

AUTHOR: Laura - (U.S.A.)

YES...LOSS PREVENTION, MYSTERY SHOPPERS, LPO'S...WHATEVER THEY ARE HAVE A CERTAIN NUMBER OF APPREHENSIONS PER HOUR THEY NEED TO MEET AND BEAT ACCORDING TO THE GUIDELINES SET FORTH BY THE COMPANY....QUOTA...YEP THAT IS IT MATE.

UNFORTUNATELY THERE ARE TO MANY INSTANCES WHERE LPO'S ARE JUMPING TO THE SITUATION, MANY TIMES NOT EVEN PRESENTING THAT THEY ARE LOSS PREVENTION OFFICERS AND GRABBING PEOPLE....THEN WHEN JOE SHOPPER FIGHTS BACK, HE IS CHARGED WITH "BATTERY ON RETAIL"...ALL BECAUSE THE LPO HAS ENOUGH WITNESS'S ON HIS SIDE BECAUSE THE CUSTOMER, WHO IS BEING ACCUSED OF SHOPLIFTING, IS "GUILTY" IN THE EYES OF THOSE BYSTANDERS WHO WILLFULLY BACK UP THE LOSS PREVENTION OFFICER AND PLACE JOE CUSTOMER FACE DOWN IN A PARKING LOT OR EMBARASSING THE CUSTOMER, (SHOPLIFTER OR NOT), HANDCUFFING THEM AND FACE DOWN IN FRONT OF EVERYONE.

1) DID THE LPO ASK FOR A RECEIPT?
2) DID THE LPO HAVE ALL THE CONDITIONS AT HAND TO MAKE IT A CLEAN CUSTOMER "STOP" AT THE DOOR?

THE CONDITIONS....
1) OBSERVING THE CUSTOMER SELECT THE ITEM
2) POSSESSING THE ITEM
3) CONCEALING OR CONSUMING THE ITEM
4) CONTINUOS VIEWING OF THE CUSTOMER, NOT LOOSING SIGHT OF THE CUSTOMER
5) ATTEMPTING TO GO BEYOND POINT OF SALE AND THE STORE NOT GIVING THE PERSON THE PERMISSION TO TAKE THE MERCHANDISE.

3) DID THE LPO PRESENT WHO THEY WERE PRIOR TO TAKING ACTION
4) DOES THE LPO HAVE THE RIGHT TO TOUCH OR GRAB SOMEONE?
ESPECIALLY IF THE CUSTOMER IS NOT APPEARING TO FLEE THE STORE.

ALOT CAN GO TERRIBLY WRONG OUT THERE. ON BOTH SIDES OF THE INCIDENT ALOT CAN HAPPEN, JUST BY TOUCHING SOMEONE, RIGHT OR WRONG.... MANY LPO'S MAKE IT A PERSONAL ACT OF VENGENCE TO SLAM SOMEONE AT THE DOOR, JUST BECAUSE THEY THINK THEY CAN. IT HAPPENS EVERYDAY, AND IF YOU ARE A CUSTOMER WHO HAS BEEN "STOPPED"....DO YOU HAVE ANY RIGHTS?

THINK AGAIN IF YOU SHOP AT SOME OF THE LARGER RETAILERS WHO HIRE THOSE WHO THINK THEY ARE A PRO WRESTLER OR RENT A COP...BETTER YET THOSE WHO NEVER COULD MAKE IT IN TO LAW ENFORCEMENT AND FEEL THAT THIS IS THEIR 15 MINUTES OF FAME. THE "STOP" AT THE DOOR HAS AN ELIMENT OF SUPRIZE, IT IS A DANGEROUS JOB, BUT SOMEONE HAS TO DO IT.

QUOTA, YES...MANY COMPANIES SET "NUMBERS" THAT THE LPO IS REQUIRED TO MEET OR BEAT, UNFORTUNATELY THIS QUOTA CAN PUT PRESSURE ON THE LPO AND EVEN GET SOME STUPID INNOCENT PEOPLE IN THE PROCESS, STOPPED AT THE DOOR, FACE DOWN AND SUFFERING FROM THE EMBARRASSMENT OF A LIFETIME...THAT INCLUDES A CUSTOMER IN KISSIMEE FLORIDA, APPREHENDED FOR SHOPLIFTING JUST BECAUSE A CASHIER IS TO LAZY TO LIFT UP A BIG ITEM IN A SHOPPING CART, THERE IS MERCHANDISE UNDER THE LARGE ITEM...YET THE CUSTOMER IS TREATED THE SAME AS A CRIMINAL, DUE TO A LAZY CASHIER AND SOME LPO WHO NEEDED TO MEET THE QUOTA.

ASK ANYONE IN LOSS PREVENTION AND YOU WILL BE ENLIGHTENED THAT THEY HAVE PRESSURE ON THEM TO "CATCH A THIEF", IF THEY DO NOT MEET THE QUOTA, THEY ARE FIRED AND OUT A JOB.

AUTHOR: Debbie - (U.S.A.)

I am glad to see someone who has a positive word for Walmart. I also feel that it must be drug induced. This company buys seconds so they can sell them to you at "lower" prices. If you check out some of the manufacturer's websites you, yourself can get an even lower price. And you don't even need the sales paper to do so.

Also there are laws in this country preventing monopolies. Walmart owns PetSmart, Lowes, Neighborhood Market, and of course Sam's to name a few. They have now purchased every bank in the Little Rock area, (the exception..credit unions). I would say I call this a monopoly. But alas it won't be because they do business under many names.

That's where Bill Gates made his mistake. He should have released BILLY'S XP computer program. Then the commissions would have left him alone. You know Sammy boy must be rolling in his grave big time. When HE started his company with HIS blood, sweat, and tears, his "family" were not the ones hurting.

He promised that Walmart would buy American made only, sell American made only and for a decent price. He did not buy lots of seconds and pass them off as first quality for less. He did not buy from countries that pay less than slave labor and then sell third quality for first. He did treat his employees to affordable health insurance and the assurance that if life dealt them a bad hand there was a foundation to ask for help, while maintaining your job and benefits.

HIS greeters were just that...greeters. Most being the elderly who in a horrible job market were hard pressed to find a little job to suppliment their Social Security and such. HE made them employable. Now not to sound so much like a Walmart advocate, I avoided Walmart then too. I do not shop at stores that tell me what I CAN AND CANNOT listen to (via cd's cassettes, records) or watch.

I also really have a problem with a store that banned a cd from being sold in their stores because the artist mentioned they sell guns and ammo to children. They do. HIS family has destroyed any credibilty he had and turned the name into something that smacks of greed and deceit.

They are profitting off the backs of middle to low income people and make sure their employees stay at that level, except their middle to upper management. There is a gentleman who has willingly come forward in regard to the lawsuit recently filed against Walmart who does management seminars for them.

HE stated that the color/gender is sometimes so overwhelming that he first asks that the room divide by gender and then again by race. The BEST he has seen in a room of 300 is...

ONE (1) black male a few women (four(4)is the number he used) split evenly hispanic and black. An additional TWO women;white The remaining were ALL white males.

So Ms. Katy, at almighty Walmart you could never be much more than some assitant to some manger. By the way the store manager's make between 80 and 125 thou a year while that lowly cashier makes about 11 thousand a year.

I guess that when you are standing in those lines you can remember that the reason Walmart is making you stand in those lines, is not so they can pay their employees a fair wage or make sure they can afford insurance (so we, us, ME, the other working stiffs don't have to pay for medicaid)it is pure GREED. So remember you are making a point of telling people when they are right and wrong.

Just remember to tell the right people...Walmart corporate. You can reach them at 1-800-WAL-MART. So have a nice day.

Katy - Sanford, Florida...I don't know who "Sybil" is, and I don't care.

AUTHOR: Tammy - (U.S.A.)

People seem to feel that they can say anything they want to on these boards with no regard to how it may make people feel. They seem to forget that there are REAL people on the other side of their computer reading these messages who have feelings too.

You said you try to treat others with respect, the same way you would want to be treated.....alright....do you like it when people make degrading or insulting comments to you? Is that being respecful??? If that's your definition of respect, then I'm really sorry for you.

I feel that you're judging me unfairly based on how I have expressed my feelings towards WalMart. You don't even know anything about me, you certainly don't know me, and you've never seen me; yet you have unfairly make comments about my personality and demeanor based on a few words I wrote here on this message board.

I do not mistreat people at stores just because I don't like shopping there.

Everyone deserves respect, no matter what kind of job they are doing. Everyone has a place in this world, and no-one should ever be looked down on for where they are at now. The job someone does is not always a reflection of someone's intelligence. Even it is, then it's not their fault. Nor is their job always something they will continue doing for the rest of their life (not usually).

I can't say anything about anyone. I don't know them personally; they are just someone that I'm passing by on my way through the front doors, or as a brief exchange at the cash register.

It would be unfair to make assumptions about somebody's entire life solely based on their place of employment. Especially when I don't know how the rest of their life is going. Maybe they are working where they're at because they got in a rough spot in life, and they had to get any kind of job they could just to get by until something better came along.....fine!

I have ALWAYS felt this way. I treat everyone kindly and with respect to the best of my ability, no matter who the person is, what color they are, or what they do for a living.....AND IT'S NOT SOMETHING THAT I JUST REALIZED....or as you suggested, "must have seen the light".

Just because you don't agree with how I feel towards WalMart does not make my ways or my feelings "ill" or wrong. There are many more people on this board who have expressed the same feelings as I have about WalMart. Does that make them wrong? Are you calling all of them "ill" and "pickle pusses" too?

If you believe in Karma, then be careful how you judge others. Because as you judge others, you will be judged the same way. And that's not Karma....that just good 'ol plain truth from a good 'ol book called the Bible.

"Stop judging others, and you will not be judged. For others will treat you as you treat them. Whatever measure you use in judging others, it will be used to measure how you are judged. (MATTHEW 7:1-2)

[You also said: "I do believe in good and evil and try to treat others as I would like to be treated AND IF I CAN'T DO THAT I LIKE TO ""POINT OUT WHEN SOMEONE ELSE SHOULD.""]

......"And why worry about a speck in your friend's eye when you have a log in your own? How can you think of saying, 'Let me help you get rid of that speck in your eye,' when you can't see past the log in your own eye? Hypocrite! First get rid of the log from your own eye; then perhaps you will see well enough to deal with the speck in your friend's eye." Matthew 7:3-5

Unfortunately, someone blocked out the phone number I posted in my last message. That phone number goes to the Billy Graham Association where they have volunteers answering phones 24/7 because they want to help answer whatever questions people have about God, Heaven, etc.

They don't care about people giving out their phone number. They want people to call them to discuss their relationship with God and being sure they will go to Heaven. But that number got deleted from my last message.

So If you don't know where you will go when you die, then you should call them. It's a free phone call. You can do a search on the web for it by typing "[DELETED]" in Google. It will be the very first link. If you don't want to call them, then this webpage has more information for you to read if you want it.

AUTHOR: Jay - (U.S.A.)

I see I am not the only one who noticed that, lol. And when you think that saying, d**n, as in "d**n, honey, didn't your mom teach you anything....or maybe it was quoting those wonderful customers who say "Screw You....gee...you must not be looking at those walls surrounded those dirty toilets (dirty from nasty customers who do not have the decency to push the flushing handle down) where those same customers have written things I would never say, and certainly don't appreciate reading. Ever notice that the female employees avoid the front bathrooms? There's a reason for that...they are disgusting...and maintance practically lives in there, trying to keep it clean. It's not the workers who are wetting all over the seats and throwing that mess down. And I guarentee you we don't have time to sit there and write filth on the walls.

Okay, Tammy, you offered an apology if you offended, so on behalf of myself and the unknown cashiers you accused of stealing by not giving you your 2 cents back on the shopping card, I accept. And if you were unfairly treated by a Walmart employee, I apologize for them. Now, the next time you go into that store, and as much as you keep saying on here just how much you hate us, and advise going to www.Walmartsucks.com and Walmartblows.com (uh, do you know what those expressions mean, since you thought saying d**n was so bad?) try to remember what I told you. Walmart is really making life tough for the employees, so be nice to them. Heaven knows they are having enough problems now from internal issues, they don't need additional and certainly unnecessary aggravation from outside sources.

You know why the pink stickers are put on there. It only takes a minute of your time. If you are in that big of a hurry, do it some other time. Heck, who spends less than two hours in Walmart anyhow?

If you think those lines look long to you, pretend you are the person waiting on on those people, need to go to the bathroom, haven't had your first break, your lunch is late, and no help is in sight. You have called the operator who just told you your relief person called off...and all the managers went to lunch at the Outback.

Those people in the blue vests don't get to make the rules. The people who are running the place change the rules, sometimes hourly, to suit themselves. Mr. Sam is dead, and those of us who really believed in him mourn that fact, because we are getting the short end of the stick. Yes, we know not everything is made in the USA, but we defy you to find any place that everything is. And here's a secret...some of the very best brands of some things NEVER WERE and probably NEVER WILL BE made in the USA. Cameras, for instance. And it is hypocritical to complain about that when most people will buy the non-American item because it is cheaper.

For anyone who is asking, "If she doesn't like working there, why doesn't she leave?"....I am leaving, at the end of the year, and so are a lot of the people I work with. Unfortunately, many others can't leave, for one reason or the other. Some don't have the education or skills to get other jobs. Some are afraid because they think they will never find another job. Some just can't figure out what else they would do.

But that doesn't mean they want to see people tearing up the stores, stealing from them, making messes in them, and being rude to the employees....and then complaining about how they hate Walmart. After all....they have to "live" there.

So if you hate the place...go somewhere else. I hear it all the time...I am never coming back here again....and yet, the very next week....there they are again....

Response to Sybil, I mean Tammy

AUTHOR: Katy - (U.S.A.)

Wow - You sure did change your tune. If I remember correctly yours were some of the ugliest words typed. Prior to reading your last two postings, I wanted to tell you to lighten up and relax, and suddenly you said it all yourself. You must have "seen the light" and recognized your ill ways.

To the Greeters! Thanks for the greetings, its nice to see a cheery face after just passing the the lady with the pickle puss who you just detained doing your job. THanks for getting me a cart. I love Walmart and drop insane amounts of money in there. The only thing that would make me happier is if Super Walmart and Home Depot merged for an even better one-stop experience.

I have returned things many times without receipts. This country has alot of people in it, I expect lines. I especially enjoy the customers in line with me, shifting their weight from side to side, sighing ridiciously loud due to the wait. Its even more enjoyable when they say to me, "Do you believe this" or "This is stupid". My favorite response is "I'm not going to let it ruin MY day".

To the theives, you reap what you sow. I believe in charma and you will get it some day, some how. I am not a church goer or bible reader, I do believe in good and evil and try to treat others as I would like to be treated and if I can't do that I like to point out when someone else should.

To Jay...I treat the people at WalMart very nicely

Hey Jay....
I treat the people at WalMart very nicely - the way I would want to be treated. I'm not rude to them. I don't hassle them or give them a problem. I don't go in there and steal merchandise. In order to avoid some of the hassles I face with returning items I don't want, I have learned to keep my receipts now if there is any doubt that I might change my mind later.

I still don't like WalMart, or shopping there. They have very lousy service, and even with your receipt, they still hassle you. I don't know why you have to make personal attacks at me. Does that make you feel better, or do you think it's funny, or what? I'm not attacking you, am I?

It's not cool. I might have said some things on this website that I shouldn't have. If I did, then I would re-phrase what I said in order to not offend anybody or hurt anybody's feelings. I don't like how people get on here and attack other people. It's a very arrogant and proud thing to do....people do it because they think they are better than someone else.

It's what young kids do, and if you are not a kid anymore and you're doing this, there comes a time in life when you have to grow up and treat others the same way you would want to be treated - with respect and kindness.

Cutting someone down is not respectful, and it isn't kind either. And to anyone out there: if I said something that hurt anybody's feelings, please accept my apology.

To Jay...I treat the people at WalMart very nicely

Hey Jay....

To: MusicTheif - Phoenix, Arizona

AUTHOR: Tammy - (U.S.A.)

Who's winning? Have you ever gone to jail? Was it worth it? When you finally do get caught, then you will lose your place to live where you keep everything that you stole. Then you won't have anything at all! So who will be "winning" then???

You have the right to do ANYthing you want....but a day will come when you will have to stand before God and be held accountable for everything you have done. Eternity is F-O-R-E-V-E-R. Once you get there, there are no U-turns or emergency exits.

NOBODY who steals will be allowed into Heaven. Will stealing a few items be worth an eternity in Hell?

If you died TODAY, do you know FOR SURE where you will spend eternity? Call [DELETED] if you can't answer this question.

You don't - and won't - have any excuses for the way you lived your life. You know down in your heart that stealing is wrong. You just do it because it's a thrill to get something you didn't have to pay for - isn't that the truth? You did something that's wrong, and you didn't get caught. That gives you a rush, doesn't it? It fills a void in your life. You're probably bored with life, and the adrenaline rush you get from stealing gives you a temporary 'high'. But then that rush wears off after a day or two, so you have to go do it again. It becomes an addiction.

You're a sell-out MusicTheif. You are selling your soul to the devil for temporary treasures of this world. Then when you die, the devil is going to be laughing at you so hard, because you fell for his schemes. You'll be HIS - FOREVER -suffering alongside him as his slave in Hell and his other followers whom he fooled.

You can only serve one master, sir. Either you will serve God, or you will serve the Devil. The choice is YOURS. Whom are you going to choose? There's only ONE life, and then the Judgment.

You can laugh at me all you want, but when you stand before God, you won't be laughing anymore!

Then YOU will really be the big time loser when you're cast into the fiery sulfur pit of Hell.

You can change the direction your life is going in now. But if you wait until you're dead, it'll be too late - there will be no changing directions then.

Why risk eternity, for a few moments of temporary pleasure? Stealing doesn't really fill the holes in your heart, because if it did, you wouldn't feel a need to continue because you probably have everything you need by now. I'm guessing that you've got some other issues to deal with. Are you using stealing as a substitute for something you are missing in your life? Only God can fills those empty places.

Jesus hung on the cross between two thieves. One blasphemed Jesus while they both hung there bleeding to death, and his soul was eternally lost. The other thief confessed Jesus as Lord. As a result, all of the thiefs' sins were forgiven, and Jesus accepted Him into Heaven when he died. Which one of these thieves would you rather be? Will you call [DELETED]?

Kmart says no receipt, no refund

AUTHOR: Jay - (U.S.A.)

I was standing in line at Kmart, receipt in hand, when a perfectly nice lady walked up to the counter with an item she probably did get from Kmart, but had no receipt. The service desk person explained, equally nicely, that without the receipt, they don;t know if it came from Kmart or any other store that carried the same item, so they cannot and will not give a refund or take the item back.

Target might take it on a good day, depending on which one, and where, and how their manager treated them...and if you think I am kidding, hey, you didn't work at the Target I did.

Walmart, as we know, takes back damned near everything. Stuff from stores that went out of business years ago. Things with labels cut out. Dirty clothes that were worn and washed, and didn't even dry yet when we took them in. Things that I have threatened to hurt them if they took in again, but they still do. A MOST of them with out the receipt.

I have had the misfortune and distinct unpleasant experience to work for all three companies and yes, to work at the service desk of all three. An experience I will not repeat. I would say that 75 per cent of the people are really nice, either have thier receipts or got the items as gifts, or truly just lost them. But, and we are talking big buts here, the rest are some real humdingers.

We have the wonderful people who steal for a living. Those are the ones who don't care who they hurt, who they use, or who gets in thier way. They feel like the world owes them something, and if they get caught, hey,...it's YOUR FAULT THEY DID IT - SO SCREW YOU!! They are generally foul mouthed, unwashed, and the rest of the people in line don't want any part of them. For some reason, they think no one knows who they are. Think again.

There's the more subtle ones who also steal for a living. They use the "tools of the trade", and they also don't think they are recognized. Not only do we know who they are, but the stores co-operated with each other and call up when they are active in the area. Same for the ones mistakenly called "gypsies" by the news media. We put out the world when the travelers roll thru. We have heard all the stories, know all the scams, and aren't buying those either. We also know what most of them look like, and you can believe those overhead cameras are grinding away.

Then you have the ones who think it is a lark to try shoplifting. d**n, honey, didn't your mother teach you anything? You aren't going to think it is so funny when you are in the back room sitting on that chair with your head hanging down between your legs while you wait for the sheriff and your parents to arrive. Yeah, that's the position of dispair that they all sit it. I've suggested they photograph it and blank out the face and post it out in the store with the sign, Don't Let This Be You. THOSE CAMERAS ARE REAL!!

The people who work at the service desks are not paid enough. They learn very quickly whether or not they will be able to stand to stay there. And if they can, do mess with them. They have seen it all, heard it all, and can tell when you are lying. They cannot make the decisions on whether to take back something, over-riding the computer,so stop yelling at them. That just makes them mad, gets them to call me, and I tell the manager what a pain in the butt you are before I send them up there....and that certainly isn't going to help your cause.

Here's the best tip you will ever get. If you want the refund, and you don't have the receipt...go to the service desk, smile, say, "I am so sorry, I don't have my receipt. I would like to return this item because ...it doesn't work...I don't like it, whichever....and SHUT UP." That's your best chance. Come in with an attitude, or like Tammy, with a chip on your shoulder the size of Texas, and get squat.

Kmart finally learned you can't give away the store. News Flash.....Sam is dead....the kids have turned the stores over to corporate types,...they are turning the place into hell for the employees....and I would learn to hang onto those receipts people....because Wally World will soon start changing their policy too...betcha.

Just remember...you heard it here first.

"Keep Your Receipt"

AUTHOR: Tammy - (U.S.A.)

I think Kmart and Target are following WalMart standards, not the other way around.

Stores that give money back (whether it be cash or store credit) to their customers with no receipt do it because it is the only ethical thing to do, it's GOOD BUSINESS PRACTICE, and it keeps customers from getting ticked off and not coming back.

If you are going to post something on this website, keep what you say clean. There's no need to use potty-mouth words!

You said, "If you think that Walmart is the only one with alarms, then you must only shop at Walmart." What do you think I am, STUPID???
Yes, I am very aware that just about EVERY store in America has door alarms. I wasn't just born today!

Losing two cents doesn't upset me. Your comments make you sound very young.

When a store won't give at least store credit for returning an item with no receipt, it is stealing because they are keeping YOUR money! When they do this, they are stealing as much as the people who steal from their stores.

WAKE UP "JERK OFFS"

AUTHOR: MusicTheif - (U.S.A.)

STOP WINNING.. I have a 3rd grade edumacation, and I don't see anything wrong with stealing. (AS I WAS RAISED BY A GYPSEY) I have been stealing for years, and have bought several cars and homes with my proceeds.(HE HE) It is my american right to go into any store I choose and steal computers, t.v.'s , dvd players,,, Hell anything I want. Rent-a-porkchop leave us alone. We ( The Pro's) work hard at stealing. You try running 4 miles up hill with a God-Danm T.V. on your back... Gotta go - Wal-Mart will be closing soon..

Music Pirate Phoenix

I have shopped all over this country, you pay the price for people who steal

AUTHOR: Jay - (U.S.A.)

At Walmart, Kmart, all kinds of department stores, grocery stores,etc., and I have never been stopped at the door, and I have never been frisked, and I have never been harrassed. I am more than willing to show my receipt as I go out. If I have an item in my cart that is not in a bag, I automatically slow up to show them the receipt for it.

When I return something to any store, I stop at the door, if appropriate, and tell them I have a return. Otherwise, I go directly to customer service and tell them I have a return...not wander all over the store first. I don't "accidentally" stick things in my pocket, cover them in my cart, drop them under clothes and come back for them later.

I try to keep my receipts. Especially if I paid cash for an item. If it is a big ticket item, I will have that reciept 10 years down the line...count on it.

Take responsibilty for your own actions. Don't make it necessary for people to have to stop you and ask to see you receipt. Don't give that little old lady or guy at the door a hard time. That could some day be your granny making a few extra bucks there. Be nice. Be honest.

Remember, you pay the price for people who steal. Don't aid and abet them. There are a lot less employees stealing than you would like to think, and trust me, thier fellow employees are turning them in.

Have your receipt

AUTHOR: Jay - (U.S.A.)

Personally, I think that Walmart should stop this taking it back regardless foolishness and adopt the same policy that Kmart and Target has....yes...the one that says NO RECEIPT, NO REFUND. Tough love? Tough stuff...learn to hold onto the damned receipt if you want to bring it back.

And as far as the door greeter wishing you a good day....have any kind of day you want.

Target has installed the same kind of alarm system that Walmart has...it just sounds and alarm, it doesn't ask you nicely to step back in. Those would be the same nosy alarms as Dillards, Famous (in the North) Office Depot, Kmart, most department stores, and these days, even some groceries stores have. Because there are a lot of theives out there. Get over it.
Tammy, we all know that you are still ticked off over losing the 2 cents because you didn't keep your receipt. Again, get over it.

GROW UP PEOPLE. FACE THE WORLD YOU LIVE IN.

If everyone was honest, no one would have alarms on their homes, cars, businesses. Just don't you add to the problem

#48 Consumer Suggestion

Bad Wal-mart? or "Wallyworld"

AUTHOR: God - (U.S.A.)

Take all this "employees" Error,

DO WE NEED MYSTERY SHOPPERS TO REPORT EMPLOYEE ERRORS, SERVICES AND CLEANINESS??

Let's go mystery shoppers!

TO: Me And - Des Moines, Iowa

AUTHOR: Me And - Des Moines, Iowa - (U.S.A.)

Your statement: I really doubt that this still happens in California as well, courts tend to frown on that, not just in GA and IA.

I would like to know what planet you come from or is it you just have never ben to any other state than IA or GA. You must be very well sheltered. Have you ever heard of corrupt police enforcement?

Well, pick up a newspaper sometime and read it. You just might learn a thing or two. I am sorry you have to learn like this.

CASE SETTLED!!!

Next time you want to accuse people for shoplifting at WalMart, you might want to frisk your fellow WalMart associates as they enter and exit the doors!

THEN let your fellow associates treat you the same way and see if you like it! Hassle THEM as much as you hassle your customers that you warmly greet at the door, and hassle as they as they leave the store!

Then you won't have anything to say about our rebuttals for hating WalMart. And you won't have anything else to say about customer theft.

AUTHOR: Tammy - (U.S.A.)

I am laughing my pants off right now! I couldn't agree any more. Thank you for making this comment....you couldn't have said it any better. I wish I had thought of that! I hope this will end this stupid argument once and for all, and put some sense into people's heads.

~ Employee Theft ~ 43% of loss
~ Shoplifting ~ 32% of loss
~ Internal Paperwork Error/Vendor Fraud ~ 25% of loss.

Old Fuddy Duddy's Are Greeters At WalMart... poor customer service

AUTHOR: Tammy - (U.S.A.)

I don't need to reiterate what I have already said with my complaints about shopping at WalMart. The only thing I WILL reiterate is this one thing: I only go there when I HAVE to.

Lower prices? I have found the exact some item at Target for a whole $10.00 CHEAPER!!! WalMart only advertises "lower prices" as a marketing strategy to brainwash people into thinking they will get better prices than their competitors if customers shop at WalMart.

WalMart is the WORST place to shop.....LONG lines, LONG waits, poor customer service. And getting hassled all the time when you walk through the door or when you're leaving. I don't care about anybody saying "hi", "bye" or "have a good day" to me when I walk in or out of WalMart. Those people don't know me, and they don't care about me. They are only doing it because they have to - it's their job.

You said, "If the alarm goes off, 99 times out of 100 the reason is that the cashier failed or was unable to deactivate the security strip. It then becomes our job to locate the item(s) that set off the alarm and verify that the customer did indeed pay for the item. If not then the customer is given the opportunity to rectify the situation by going back in and paying for it or giving the item up if they don't want it or don't want to take the time to go back inside the store.....and some of those times, someone is trying to steal something."

I am one of those people who recently was leaving WalMart - or trying to - after I went through the cashier lane. When I got to the door, the stupid alarm went off "Attenion, Walmart customer. You have activated the WalMart inventory control system....." ....UURRRRGH!!!

Then the old guy wanted to stop me and tie me up for several minutes so he could write something in his book - even though I showed him my receipt. For a couple of minutes, I was patient enough to let him do his job, then I thought of the absurdity in the matter because I had showed him my receipt! It had really annoyed me. Furthermore, he was taking so long and was wasting my time, so I left the store. He tried to tell me I couldn't leave, but I didn't care. What could he do? Run after me?

That's the kind of stuff that perterbs people. For getting "lower prices", that is how customers get treated?

I can walk into K-Mart or Target and not get all the problems and grief that I get every time I make a trip into Wal-Mart.

Even if the prices were a few PENNIES higher elsewhere, I will GLADLY pay it to be treated BETTER, and to get a higher quality of customer service. And I'm sure that most everyone else would probably do the same.

My name is Tammy, and I approve this message!!!

People-Greeters are abused and cursed more than most any other associate

AUTHOR: John - (U.S.A.)

Hi!

I am a People-Greeter at a local Wal-Mart here in the Salt Lake City (UT) area. I too may fall into the category of being one of those old fuddy-duddies that you first see as you enter your local Wal-Mart, although I am only 59 years old. (I resent being called 'old' or a 'fuddy-duddy' by anyone except my own son who says it jokingly.)

As part of my job description I am to greet customers coming in, offer them a shopping cart, answer (to the best of my ability) their questions or refer them to someone who can give them a much better answer than I can, help them obtain an electric cart or a wheel chair if they need one, thank them for coming in when they leave the store, and wish them a good day.

I am the one who places those little pink stickers on items they are returning and direct them to the Customer Service Counter where they can return or exchange the item(s). These stickers are placed on the item(s) to indicate that the customer is intending to return or exchange the item(s).

When a customer brings something in from the outside such as pop they buy from the machines at the front of the store, or items they are bringing in to get mactching color yarn or material for, or kids toys bought elsewhere and brought in to help keep the kid occupied, I put a Smiley-Face sticker on them so there should not be any problem for the customer as they leave.

When the customer leaves and has large items NOT bagged at the check-out stand then I am required to ask to check their receipt -- this is done NOT TO ACCUSE THEM OF STEALING THE ITEM, but to verify that it was indeed paid for and that the cashier did indeed ring the item up. If not the customer is given the opportunity to rectify the situation by going back in and paying for it or giving the item up if they don't want it or don't want to take the time to go back inside the store.

Sometimes though the customer in the previous two situations is indeed trying to steal an item(s). Not being security we can not arrest the customer or even take them to someone in Security, however we do have the authority to prevent the customer from taking the item(s) from the store until such time as they can provide a valid receipt.

For all of this we the greeters are abused, accused of being prejudiced, cussed, threatened with violence up to and including being stabbed, shot, or beat up.

WHY???

Come on people,
WHY DO YOU SHOP AT WAL-MART IN THE FIRST PLACE? You like the lower prices we offer, RIGHT??
It is our job to help keep loss down. By doing so we keep our prices down. We keep our prices down and you come in to shop.

If you don't like the fact that you may be asked to show your receipt to the greeter if need be, if it is such a huge hassle for the usually few seconds it takes, then by all means feel free to go to Albertsons, Smiths, Safeway, K-Mart, ShopCo, or where ever else you may have and enjoy their higher prices but without the amenities we offer. Remember FORTUNE 500 rates Wal-Mart #1 in the nation on their list of top retail stores. And this comes from an independant survey of customers conducted by FORTUNE 500!!

#58 Consumer Suggestion

TO OUR CARRER LAW ENFORCEMENT OFFICER

AUTHOR: LUANN - (U.S.A.)

I can guarantee you that they will more than likely press charges, at least to the point of scaring him to almost a heart attach. You see, when the police, cops, pigs, arrest you, you pretty much have a folder on the District Attorneys desk. You see, I was the office manager of three Court Reporting Corporate OFFICES and an Attorney Resource Business. No, I am not an Official, but, I can tell you, that I did learn an awful lot from the Judge, who's office just happened to be upstairs and the Attorney's which came in for depositions each and every day. So, my guess is that Law
Enforcement (security guards, whatever), are not as knowledgable as Attorneys and Judges!!

You're mind's made up, don't confuse you with facts

AUTHOR: Jay - (U.S.A.)

I agree, Walmart can really suck, big time. If you are planning on working there, here's a word of advise, don't. It's currently undergoing a major change that makes working there as much fun as signing up for being a rower in one of the old galley ships. But's that our problem.

The complaints here are about how badly people are treated when they are arrested for stealing...or at least that is the way it started out.

This is really simple how it works. You buy something. Oh, did you forget, you are suppose to BUY that item you have been hanging onto for the past hour or two in the store. Most people will, but there is alway the wise guy who thinks it's a joke, or a living, maybe, to steal from Walmart (Target, Kmart, anywhere they can). And they really resent the hell out of it when they get caught. And because of those people, everyone else needs to suffer thru the rules that are now in place.

When you come in the door, and you have a bag in your hand, the door greeter gets to see what's in it. The pink sticker goes on what is being returned. And then, you go to the return desk. DO NOT WANDER ALL OVER THE STORE FIRST. DO NOT ATTEMPT TO SIMPLY MAKE YOU OWN EXCHANGE ON THE FLOOR - BYPASSING THE SERVICE DESK.

HAVE YOUR RECEIPT. Stop complaining about the card if you don't have your receipt. Target and Kmart don't even take it back if you don't have the receipt. You know that Walmart seems to take back just about every ridiculous thing anyone wants to return to them, so bring the stupid thing in, get the pink slip, go to the service desk, take the shopping card, be nice, and say thank you. Heaven knows those people up there hear every last lame excuse, lie, story, nasty word, get yelled at, cursed at, are put up on, and who the heck lost the receipt, bought the wrong size, etc....in the first place. And as a general word to all of you....NO!!!!! panties and girdles are not returnable. For heavens sakes, would you want to buy those? Have you ever heard of stds and aids?

When you use the cards, you get ever penny on them. If there is 2 cents left, keep the card, hand it over the next time you shop, and sure enough, the 2 cents will be there, and the cashier will take it off, so Tammy, stop your belly aching...it's your fault if you lost it. Again, did we lose the receipt for the stuff that you decided you didn't want?

If you can get the item cheaper somewhere else, and it is in a sale ad, show them the ad, and if it is a current one, and it is the VERY SAME ITEM, they will match it. Same policy as Kmart and Target....worked all three stores, know this as a fact. FACT...remember that word. Not opinion....not prejudice....FACT. Something most of you who are complaining would not recognize if it bit you you know where.

Yelling and screaming and cussing gets you nowhere except disliked and discussed in the breakrooms of these stores. Be nice, be calm, and keep the receipts. The cameras and security people are there because people are not all nice, many make a living stealing. Ask your neighborhood police officer. If you are unjustly arrested, file a lawsuit against the store. Guess how infrequently that happens.
And not because they can't. Because the cameras have the goods.

If you knew how many people use thier kids, babys even, to steal, it would make you ill, and I would hope, as angry as it does us. That' just sick.

I am leaving Walmart this year, to open my own business. And I suggest you don't try to steal from me. I will have cameras. You will be arrested and prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. And heaven help you if you ever write nasty stuff on my walls.

Now thank you all for shopping at Walmart. Hang on to that receipt

AUTHOR: LUANN - (U.S.A.)

Just a few things to remember. if your thirsty, before you go in, do not purchase any refreshments outside where they have a mile of soda and water machines. and, am i mistaken, or don't they hire elderly people to stand at the door to greet people and when you bring something back to return they put a sticker type thing on it. i do believe that is what they are supposed to do. even if you do not have a receipt, they give you a gift card. if you have your receipt, they give you your money back. So, what's the big deal, they have nothing better to do. i read not to long ago, from an employee, that as soon as you are hired into THEIR team. They are looking at your every movment and your every move just to get you vheeeee

#61 Consumer Suggestion

I can assure you that wal mart would not be charging him with larceny

AUTHOR: Bud - (U.S.A.)

In response to the lady who's husband was arrested. If he produced a receipt for the merchandise I can assure you that wal mart would not be charging him with larceny.
An apprehension cannot be made unless the elements are present. If a loss prevention officer makes an apprehension and does not present the elements then that person would most likely be terminated from wal mart.
I am career law enforcement and have a great deal of respect for all mankind. So I have this word of advise.

Have your receipt ready when leaving the store. Use common sense, if you are not through shopping and want to look at the merchandise outside, leave your buggy inside its unlikly that anyone is going to take you buggy just tell the greeter.
There are all types of people who work for walmart with different degrees of education, training and experience. If your loss prevention officer has had the proper training you will not have to deal with being falsely accused.

AUTHOR: Tammy - (U.S.A.)

RUN AS FAST AS YOU CAN!!!

Shoplifting causes prices to be higher? WalMart steals! When they give you a store credit, and you buy something with the the store credit card, they keep every penny that's left on it. They won't give it back; NOT EVEN A CENT!

When a company steals from you, it's okay and they are protected. But walk into their store and take something of theirs, and you'll go to jail!

AUTHOR: Tammy - (U.S.A.)

First of all, I want to say that I am so sorry for the lady whose husband was wrongly accused of shoplifting and charged with three counts. That is HORRIBLE, and it must have been awfully traumatic for the both of you. And all because some STUPID security guy wanted to be a 'hero'.

The security guy who responded to your complaint, titled "WE DONT DO QUOTAS" sounds like he has a hero complex because of all the numbers he quoted. He said that everyone is 'innocent until proven guilty' and it's up to the courts and judges to decide if the defendant is guilty or not....

What he doesn't realize is when somebody is arrested and put in jail, that person has to pay a bond to get OUT of jail. THAT BOND IS ABSOLUTELY, POSITIVELY NOT REFUNDABLE. In the meantime, while waiting for your court appearance, you often have to report to a bond company. If you mess up, and forget to call, you'll go back to jail.

When someone is falsely accused, it doesn't matter to the courts, to the judge or to the darn store that they were wrong, and that it cost YOU money for BOND, and then ATTORNEY'S FEES on top of that; you'll never get it back. So not only do you shafted once, but you get shafted THRICE!!!

I wonder if this hero security guard ever stopped to think of that!?! Would he like it if this happened to him?

There is not much justice in our society. We don't live in 'republic' or a democratic society. We live in a dictatorship, run by a bunch of hooligans who only care about getting their next promotion!!!

In response to making arrests, and how they keep prices 'low' at Wal-Mart - B.S.!!! For one, Wal-Mart's prices are NOT lower than other stores! That's only a marketing gimmick to brainwash the consumer into THINKING if they shop Wal-Mart, they are getting a better deal.

I actually found a toaster oven at Wal-Mart for $10...TEN DOLLARS MORE than their competitors...exact same make and model. So don't give me that bullcrud about 'lower prices' Wal-Mart has.

I HATE WALMART....AND YOU CAN TOO....JOIN THE WWW.WALMARTBLOWS.COM COMMUNITY TO VENT HOW MUCH WALMART SUCKS!!!

Wal-Mart uses Chinese companies to produce about 45% of the product you find in their stores. What many people don't know it this: Christians in China are severely persecuted for their beliefs.

It is against the law in China to express your Christian beliefs, and to practice them. Many Christians, hundreds and thousands in fact, have been arrested and PUT IN JAIL, simply for what they believe in.

These Christians are then put into the worst imaginable conditions; forced to walk in underground sewage in their bare feet, and imprisoned in forced labor camps.

They are beat, and harshly treated. Some are even executed.

It is these Christians who make many of the products that show up on the shelves of Wal-Mart store, and end up in the homes of Americans across the United States.

You 'might ' pay low prices at Wal-Mart, but at whose expense? Next time you see "made in China" on a product, please think about the people who 'made' it.

Wal-Mart stores are dirty. Restrooms are dirty and smelly...people don't flush the toilets...there's always trash and filth all over the parking lots, which are covered with thick layers of black grungy oil that you have to walk through. The vests employees wear that say "May We Help You?" are FUGLY, tacky and very C-H-E-E-S-Y!!! And then when you need help at the check out counter, or the return desk, the cashier is extremely slow to help you. You also have to chase down someone in the store in order to find anything if you need assistance.

I hate their stupid pink stickers. You can't just walk in the store and go to the return desk WITH YOUR RECEIPT. When you walk into the store, there's an old man that stops you, and takes forever to put the stupid little pink stickers all over your stuff. What's really dumber is when you walk up to them with your bag of returns, they always ask if you're returning the items. Well, DUH! Whatta ya think I'm doing? Trick'r treating?!!?

I HATE Wal-Mart's return policies and the way they treat customers. They think everybody is out to rip them off - just look at all the black bubbles on the ceiling!

Obviously the little pink stickers don't prove anything, that you bought the item, because many people have been arrested with their receipt on hand.

What's really bad is some companies out there are beginning to follow Wal-Mart's (bad) example of putting stickers on returned items. I.E. - Best Buy to name just one.

I am one to buy things, and return them all TOO frequently. It's almost become a hobby for me (I'm joking). But I can't keep receipts for EVERYthing I buy - I would have to get a storage unit for all of them. Many times I have to return items without a receipt, but fortunately I have never experienced being hauled off to jail because I didn't have one!

Wal-Mart sucks because when you don't have a receipt, they give store credit. That's not the bad part. The part that is really bad is if your store credit is $15, and you make a purchase that comes out to $14.98, Wal-Mart won't give you the two cents back. THEY GIVE YOU THE STORE CREDIT CARD BACK WITH the remaining dog-gone TWO CENTS!Come-on! Who wants to carry around store credit with two rotten cents on it? But if you don't keep it to use later, whose making a profit? Wal-Mart of course!!!

Wal-Mart headaches

AUTHOR: DJ - (U.S.A.)

To say the least this has been an interesting read.

Due to the poor economy my husband grabbed a job at Wal-Mart until such time as he could either climb the ladder there or find a better job.

To make a very long sad story short. We found that Wal-Mart is one of the worst places to work at. My husband was lead of the Safety Committee and the Store Assistant Managers were constantly on his case about.. '''He was spending too much time on Safety Issues and needed to spend more time in his department.'''
He felt that the time needed to be spent in Safety because of the issues he found arrising. Common sense issues like, don't lean heavy metal shelving on a shopping cart.

After 6 months of dealing with them and having the Store manager do nothing but say, deal with it yourselves. He is looking for another job.

I really wish that Executives of Wal-Mart would pay attention to sites like these and attempt to rectify some of these issues. From a PR perspestive some of these issues and local issue (here) could be a gold mine for them if they even tried to seem like a company that had feelings.
However, it seems that Wal-Mart is too big, too corporate..

They claim they are the second largest employer in the country. Second only to the Government.
Second only... yet their health insurance is unaffordable for most.

What an opportunity they waste on greed.
Good Companies have employee's with High Moral.
The Wal-Mart we have had experience with does not even care about moral.

AUTHOR: Debbie - (U.S.A.)

PLease...I do not mean to offend here BUT, Walmart treats ALL who come through the doors as criminal. Then they let you pay them for the pleasure. I am so tired of being treated as if I have done something wrong. I have been searched because the alarm went off and the "greeter" had to go through EVERY item I purchased even though not only I but also the cashier stated that it must be the Prilosec that I had purchased. Because I was rude enough to mention that I thought this was the culprit I was asked to allow them to search my purse also. I refused and asked to speak to the manager. The "greeter" then laughed at me and started going through my things again. I again requested to speak with the manager and this woman turned around and walked away from me but NEVER called for the manager. Iended up calling him from my cell phone at the front of the store. At that moment I was so angry that I returned EVERY item that was being searched for the 10th time. They have not gottena another dime from me since that time and will not. Target is my new place to shop and so far I have not been made to feel like a criminal.

AUTHOR: Debbie - (U.S.A.)

totally off the wall responses

AUTHOR: Highly - (U.S.A.)

I have to say I am truely amazed at some of the totally off the wall responses. And the gross over-generalizations. How would you like it if Walmart employees said that all the customers coming in the door were rude, stupid, drunk, lowlifes who should have not been turned loose? Well, apparently, from what I am reading, you certainly think all of us are. If we are all so bad...shop at Target...or those real masterminds of business, K-mart.

The reason we have loss prevention personnel is because not all of our customers are upstanding, Christian, law abiding folk. Some of them are just plain crooks. They are happily going around the store stealing, and they are responsible for raising the prices on the goods you are buying...and not just in our store, but in every last place you shop. So...let's just cheer them on, shall we, as you reach deeper into those pockets and purses to pay more for that merchandise.

And these charming people are not always nice about being detained, either. Last week, a young man was requested to stop, and instead ran for it. When L.P. caught up with him, he tried to slow them up using a very large, very sharp knife and a set of stuffed brass knuckles. But he was the victim, of course. He is now a guest of the county. You need a concealed weapon permit for those, to start with, and they take offense at having you use them in the commission of a crime.

And about those door alarms going off. Did you know that Kmart has these cute little alarms in clothes, wallets, purses , shoes and a couple other goodies that set our alarms off...coming and going? Oh, those are fun. Customers love that, and when we can, we help them find them and get them out of the products. Steel toe shoes can do it, as well as some cell phones. And let's not forget to thank the manufactures who embed 40 of the damned things in the boxes so that even when we not only deactivate and even remove the ones we see....they still set off the alarms. But, if we slow up even slightly to try to catch them, then the customers complain about the slow lines, you know.

I have no doubt that occassionally someone is stopped that should not have been. It happens. I saw it happen at Target, Kroger, Barnes & Noble, at the mall. And a lot of people who should have been stopped get away with it.

Stop running down the employees at Walmart. They are not stupid, slow, or deaf. We can hear you, you know. We might be your next door neighbor...or your minister's cousin....so knock it off. And if you want my job...hey, applications are in layaway.

All Employees work in "Loss Prevention"

AUTHOR: Me And - (U.S.A.)

I can see this situation for what it's worth. It looks like a huge misunderstanding that went too far. For what the security guards knew, there could have been a futon in a trunk of another car that was paid for, and more and more futons going until someone stopped him and asked for a receipt. Then, he could have showed the receipt, which would have made sense to be a short time earlier, because he said he went back inside, right? While he was inside, someone else was holding the receipt loading up futons in cars. Or, maybe he didn't even go inside except for a few minutes to buy sunglasses, not to look for someone. I'm not saying that any of this happened, just that it's possible, especially from the security guard's viewpoint.

I used to work in a grocery store where there was lots of shoplifting. We didn't have cameras, scanners at the door, or any security guards. The only "loss prevention" was from employees who were used to shoplifting and knew what to watch for. Unlike this situation at Wal-Mart, we would never stop someone unless we saw with our own eyes that merchandise was being hidden on a person, and we needed 3 criteria in order to approach a shoplifter: 1)We saw them put an item in their pocket. 2)We knew what specific item it was 3)We knew which pocket, or where the merchandise was being hidden to be taken out of the store. The truth is, almost always, the shoplifter got away. We had a few hundred dollars worth of stuff stolen every week. The one thing is though, it was a policy that went with the idea of getting people to come back. Guess what, EVERYONE CAME BACK! The most common person to come back were chronic shoplifters, because 9 times out of 10 they knew they could get away with it.

Z.Z. from Iowa

P.S. About the quotas with police officers: I don't know what they still do in California, but here in Iowa we keep up with the changing world. Quotas haven't been around for awhile. Now, they only have to make a certain number of contacts per month, or so I believe. If I were a cop, I'd just stop everyone never learned what turn signals are, there are millions of "contacts" right there. Did you hear about the police officers in Georgia who were recently fired for holding a ticket writing contest? I really doubt that this still happens in California as well, courts tend to frown on that, not just in GA and IA.

LOSS PREVENTION AT WALMART ARE DRUNKS! AND A JOKE!

AUTHOR: JESSICA - (U.S.A.)

I WAS AT MY LOCAL WAL-MART LAST WEEK WHEN I WAS APPROACHED BY THE SECURITY GAURD IN THE FRONT OF THE STORE, HE HAD NERVE TO ASK ME FOR SOME CHANGE FOR A PHONE CALL, THEN I REALLY LOOKED AT HIM AND REALIZED HE WAS THE SECURITY PERSONNEL, ALONG WITH THAT HE REEKED OF BOOZE, IT WAS SO STRONG IT ALMOST KNOCKED ME OVER!

WHAT KIND OF SECURITY AND LOSS PREVENTION ARE THESE MORONS HIRING, ITS BAD ENOUGH 2 DAYS AFTER I BOUGHT MY CAR AN EMPLOYEE OF THIERS, MANAGED TO RAM A CART INTO MY CAR AND DAMAGE THE WHOLE FRONT BUMPER. I COULDNT EVEN GET THE MANAGER TO LISTEN TO ME LET ALONE FILE A CLAIM, (SHE COULD BARELY SPEAK ENGLISH) SO I HAD TO GO TO THIER REGIONAL MANAGER! WAL-MART IS A JOKE! THEY ARE POORLY RUN STORES AND ARE HORRIBLE VERY RUDE AND UNPROFFESIONAL EMPLOYEE'S...

BY THE WAY I KNOW SOMEONE WHO IS IN THE PROCESS OF SUING THEM DUE TO THE FACT THAT DURING THE EVENING THEY WERE STOCKING SHELVES AND A 4 FOOT BOX WAS KNOCKED OFF A TOP SHELF AND LANDED ON HER DAUGHTER WHO IS ONLY 5! SHE HAS BEEN IN A BATTLE WITH THEM FOR OVER A YEAR NOW AND LOOKS LIKE SHE IS GOING TO WALK OUT A WINNER!

WALMART HUSBAND ARRESTED EVEN THOUGH HE HAD RECEIPT

AUTHOR: LUANN - (U.S.A.)

I WANTED TO WRITE A REBUTTAL TO THIS BUT THE LINK IS NOT WORKING. SO, HERE IT IS.

EVEN THOUGH YOU WALK OUTSIDE OF WALMART, THEY CANNOT ARREST YOU IF YOU HAVE NOT PAID FOR YOUR PURCHASE YET. WHY? BECAUSE THEY SELL PLANTS AND THINGS OUT SIDE ON A CERTAIN AMOUNT OF SPACE AND IF YOU ARE STILL SHOPPING, THEY CANNOT ARREST YOU. MY DAUGHTER WALKED OUTSIDE OF PAYLESS DRUG STORE ONCE LOOKING AT STUFF THEY HAD FOR SALE, BEFORE GOING AND PURCHASING EVERYTHING ELSE. THEY ARRESTED HER FOR SHOP LIFTING. WE WROTE THE COMPANY AND TOLD THEM WHAT HAPPENED AND IF THEY DARED TO PROSECUTE, THEY WOULD HAVE THE LAWSUIT OF THEIR LIFE. IT IS THEIR DECISION TO PLACE THINGS OUTSIDE FOR SALE, NOT OURS, THEREFORE, YOU CAN SHOP UNTIL YOUR DONE BEFORE CHECKING OUT. WE WERE TOLD WE WERE RIGHT AFTER I WENT TO WORK FOR A COURT REPORTERS OFFICE AND I HAD TALKED TO AN ATTORNEY. AT LEAST IN CALIFORNIA

Please quit yelling, and the 'I R a specklist' postings prove the problem.

AUTHOR: StoppedGregg - (U.S.A.)

I was stopped at the exit of a Wal-mart upon leaving. I was required to partially strip right at the exit. An anti-theft device not deactivated in my hat which I had purchased at Wal-mart was the cuprit. It was obvious this was not being stolen, the hat and the device were both faded from washing.

Then the next time I went to Wal-mart my form of payment was denied, which is, in my mind, like accusing me of being a fraud and a thief.

I don't shop where they accuse me of being a thief. End of subject, problem solved.

Please quit yelling, and the 'I R a specklist' postings prove the problem.

By the way, I boycott other establishments, such as: Alpha-Beta, White Front, Montgomery Wards, and Ralph's/Foodco.

#74 Consumer Suggestion

Money is the only things those rat bastards understand!

AUTHOR: Jesus H. Christ - (U.S.A.)

Too Little Too Late

Traci - You are niave. This man has already been arrested. Wally World has already circled the wagons. NOTHING will be accomplished by contacting them. She needs to FIGHT the criminal case in court. GO TO TRIAL. Subpoena ALL the records that you mentioned exist. Subpoena ALL the employees that may have witnessed the incident that the DA doest call. THEN - IF you get aquitted, SUE SUE SUE - Let your attorney do the talking and make Walmart PAY PAY PAY - Money is the only things those rat bastards understand!

Love

#75 Consumer Suggestion

sorry to hear that walmart has again used their money and lies

AUTHOR: Traci - (U.S.A.)

nicole i read your story and i am very sorry to hear that walmart has again used their money and lies as power.lp that work for walmart are people off the streets.and loss pervention..aka..lp are the only one's in the store besides high management to stop you and take you in.second..all records of every item that is sold is kept in the cash office aka accounting office in the front of the store by the service desk..they have the reciepts for years on record.there are also cameras on cashiers in that office and the front doors.what is bad is that walmart took your reciept and i will tell you that if the gift card was from walmart dont be surprised if that comes up lost or no data on it from walmart.walmart is very dirty and has the power to erase important items.try talkin to the district manager of this store.or call 1-800- wal-mart...good luck to you..

#76 Consumer Suggestion

love that supposed assest protetor with 12 years experience as a guard

AUTHOR: Rodney King - (U.S.A.)

I love that supposed assest protetor with 12 years experience as a guard. Wow - you really shot up the ladder of success! You said that the police wouldn't have taken the husband into custody if there wasn't propable cause to make the arrest. This statement shows why he is a security guard and NOT a police officer. In California, PC-837 covers private persons arrests. When a private person makes an arrest, the officer is COMPELLED to accept the arrest unless it is CLEARLY a false arrest. "Probable Cause" doesn't even enter into the equation - The officer is NOT making the arrest, merely taking that person into custody. Now the officer at the scene has the discrection to cite the person (RFC) im lieu of actually taking him to the police station, but it is STILL an arrest. I dont know why the officer didnt cite the husband - Maybe department policy prohibits it; he didnt have good ID or maybe he had a warrant for an unpaid ticket. I DONT KNOW -
But just because the police took the man doesnt mean he was guilty or that the officer thought he was guilty.

What I DO know -- I have arrested security guards many times. I remember a Wal-Mart situation a few years ago where the head security agent accused a shoplifter of hitting him, which made the shoplifting a ROBBERY. I wasnt the sergeant on duty that day. But I happened to get the subpeonas for the officers to go to court zbout 2 months later. I re-read the arrest report and recognized the name of the arresting gurad as someone who I had personal knowledge of lying in order to get a petty theft arrest bumped up to Burglary or even Robbery. I brought this to the attention of the Disttrict Attorney and she refused to listen to me and proceeded to court with the original Robbery filing. It was quite a surprise to EVERYONE in the case when I appeared as a DEFENSE witness and impeached the security guard on the stand. The man was ultimately convicted of Petty Theft and sent to Prison (He was on Parole at the time) but my point is - Security Guards LIE all the time and Wal-Mart is the WORST when it comes to their security practices. People must pay for the crime they did, not for the crime they are innocent of. The sad part of this story is the husband will have an arrest record and the liars will go about thier lives, ruining others- all for the sake of Wal-Mart's Stock Price.

First I want to thank our hosts here, for the forum.

AUTHOR: Debbie - (U.S.A.)

Next...my ex-husband was born and raised in Florida and is an advid Dolphins fan. The comment about the sports hat brought back many memories. Anyway we were visiting in Fl. and he bought a new hat and the next day we returned home to Illinois.

My ex at the time was an employee of Sam's Club and went to work the day after we returned home. He started work and then was called into the "office". His immediate supervisor was there along with the store manager, the manager of Walmart down the street, and the local PD.

They sat him down and proceeded to tell him that they had him on video tape stealing that hat from the Walmart, that morning! They would not let him leave and demanded he sign thathe had stolen that hat. He would not! After about 2 hours of this nonsense HE demanded that the local officer take him to jail. He said at least there he was entitled to a phone call and a lawyer. A free lawyer at that since Wallyworld pays so well.

Needless to say it was Go to jail, go directly to jail, do not pass go and do not collect $200 dollars. Anyway, the police had not seen any video tape but charged him with retail theft. He lost his job, (upon his arrest). And spent the night in jail while they were processing him.

When it came time to go to court we had a court appointed lawyer who told us just to plead guilty and get it over with. We looked at each other and said NOT!!!

3 months later we fired the attorney and he decided to represent himself. To try to shorten this. He was aquitted on lack of evidence. No video tape was ever produced as there was no such thing and just the icing on this cake...
Walmart did not and still does not sell this team at our local store. So...

This is still going on. He is still invovled in a suit against them and it will more than likely run out of filing time before anything ever gets settled. That or his attorney will run out of patience due to lack of payment and all the time he has spent on this.

I think that IF you are ever accused of theft, ask to be brought to the station and ask for an attorney IMMEDIATELY upon arrival. Do not talk to the police either. Not to promote any type of theft as it costs me, the consumer, but in court it is on WALMART to prove you stole from them. They have to have evidence to show such and that reciept belongs to the customer. DEMAND it's return via the mail. They can pull up a duplicate if nothing else. DEMAND it! Tell them they have particepated in theft themself as they took your property without permission.

Walmart is an All-American Sweatshop

AUTHOR: Kathy - (U.S.A.)

Read "Nickle and Dimed" by Barbara Eisenberg. It details how the Walton family earns billions on the backs of minimum-wage earning employees. While the Walton family dines with presidents, their hapless employees can barely subsist on their paychecks. On top of this, they are forced to do moronic "team building" exercises, like give the Walmart "Cheer" and play insultingly stupid "skill building" games. It is no surprise to me that Walmart employees are surly and unhappy considering the conditions under which they must try to earn a living. Sam Walton burns in hell.

A Professional Opinion

AUTHOR: Rick - (U.S.A.)

A Professional Opinion

A as professional in my field I deal with many different situations and personalities. I sympathize with the futon situation and feel if you were wrongly accused that you must have rectification for your plight, but remember not to allow it to engulf you life until it becomes all you have.

As for the loss prevention officer, need to seek serious help before you end up becoming what you despise. Your anger and frustration bleeds through your response and you are obviously headed for some sort of breakdown. You show a serious side for detail which implies you dont value your job very much anymore, I would tend to believe you have serious doubts of your abilities or else you would not need to justify accomplishments by leaving out your serious failures and explaining your minor ones, the strong overtones on sexual abuse as a child show your lack of empathy towards the general public or the Me against them mentality. Find your childhood bully that still frightens you in your nightmares and forgive him.

As for Hammer-man your lack of pretension amazes me, Give in to your in the closet feelings and learn to express yourself in a positive manner, I feel your may have serious problems with authority figures during your childhood and seek out your father figure and confront him with your pain in a positive manner. Take it from someone who knows fists dont solve it all.

As for the self labeled thief, the nice guy attitude implies that you have delusions of grandeur and you need to be proud of who you really are, No one really cares if you are a store clerk or a master thief, most really value your opinion if it is from the real you not who you want people to believe who you are .

As for me I also stopped by to research a plight of my own with walmart and thought Id offer a different point of view from a concerned observer.

I'm Just doing my job

AUTHOR: Zed - (U.S.A.)

Howdy Folks, I have a different spin on this issue. While we are tossing titles around I guess you could call me an independent loss activation professional. Truth be told, I'm a thief. Some would say I'm a Booster or Shopper, but I kind of like "Thief" because it is an old profession and honorable in its own way. I mean Jesus Christ Himself did not have a problem with the thief Barabas. They even hung out together, you might say.

Anyway, all this tough talk from the Futon Fuzz and some citizen is just a waste of time. At a Wal-Mart most of the flat out stealing is done by joe smart-a*s or someone inside.

What I mean is there is a staggering amount of dollar loss perpetrated by people scamming returns. That Futon incident stinks of that big time.

I know guys in the building trades who treat Wal-Mart like a rental center, except with free rent! They need a 40' glass ladder for a job, put it on the card, use it return. No Charge. Dopers will snatch something and return it for cash, and the Employees have all manner of inside moves going on. What is an honest run of the mill crook to do?

Sure as hell not going to tell you...) Suffice to say I have my niche and make a d**n good piece of change. Why do I do it? Well it's my job. Can I be caught? Sure. Very often? No.
Why? Well like I said, there are a whole lot of people running cover for me. I mean, they don't know it, but they are.

So take care and watch you back, remember the one who makes the big noise is the big nothing; You never see the one that gets you.

A Quota By Any Other Name...

AUTHOR: Ken - (U.S.A.)

Wal-Mart may NOT *officially* have quotas for Loss Prevention, but the fact is that the number of LP apprehensions IS a factor in the over-all performance evaluation for individual stores.

Also, defenders of Wal-Mart's overzealous Loss Prevention policies point to the substantial cost passed on by widespread shoplifting. The annual figures, however, are always a combined total of shoplifting AND *shrinkage* (employee theft). It would be interesting to see just how much of this price-increasing burden is actually brought about by dishonest Wal-Mart employees.

#82 UPDATE EX-employee responds

it happens all the time

AUTHOR: Holly - (U.S.A.)

i am so sorry for what happened to you and your husband- unfortunatly it happens all the time. i use to work for walmart and hate going there now- when i started they hyped me up on all this great information about sam walton and told me all the great points about working at walmart- then you start and its mostly lies

walmart is awful they dont train their employees at all like the should and all the associates you see on the commericals are probably the only 2 in the store who feel that way

the loss prevention officers are freaky little guys who run around watching everyone

and if the alarm goes off as your going out- which as an ex cashier i can tell you the reason most of the time is they only tell you about 20 % of the itmes the strips are in

walmart doesnt care about people
my manager who is now a district manager told us he sees the customers with tatoos on their foreheads- $10,000 tatoos on their foreheads- cause thats what most of them spend there a year- so thats why they belittle the cashier in front of the problem customer even when their wrong

walmart accuses anyone they can walmart
walmart is bad

AUTHOR: Anastasia - (U.S.A.)

That is ridiculous. Sure companies like Wal-mart lose millions a year to theft...but what about the fact that their goods are manudfactured in foreign sweatshops and actually cost only pennies to make and ship. Here's an idea...let's ALL steal from Wal-mart, any chance we get!! Or, more practacally, don't give them your business. Everything they have is sold somewhere else. Plus the employees are beat down by the company and denied their rights. Wal-mart moves into small town and drops prices until all the small competitors are forced out of business. Then they can charge whatever they want.

Remember, if you shop there.. then "it is Your store". Consumers with dollars in their pockets have the power it ignite change.

And B.S there are no Law Enforcement quotas. My Uncle is a cop. Why do you think more people get tickets towards the end of the month?? Duh.

#87 Consumer Suggestion

AUTHOR: Fraud Hammer X - (U.S.A.)

There is nothing intelligent or valid about that brokedown hack's points, nor are there any in yours. The only experience with law enforcement that Wal-Mart "security guards" might have in their backgrounds is with the cops that have busted them for vagrancy, panhandling, etc. There are many security guards who have been rousted on the job, and while violence should be avoided until it's the last resort, many loss preventors have gotten their asses kicked by acting like they're the marshal of Dodge City, guys like "Aerron" who brag about apprehending murderers and child molesters while "on the job". Uh-huh, sure.

Have you bothered reading his retard post, or are you sticking up for him in a show of snitch brotherhood? He claims his posse arrested 2000 people in one year for shoplifting! 2000! That's 5 or 6 a day! There would be a cruiser parked outside the store all day and night long. Or how about "I don't condone making bad stops but it happens from time to time." That sounds perfectly valid and intelligent. NOT!

The original post complained about the BS security in Wal-Mart. The retard rent-a-cop responded with a retard reply that, to put it in the best possible light, Wal-Mart security is necessary to keep prices down. Maybe if Wal-Mart didn't have to pay out 3 million smackers every time a retard like Aerron acts like John Wayne (reference the Tuskegee clipping quoted earlier)DVD prices wouldn't be so high.

I ridicule this man and you for more than your ludicrous titles. I mock you for your ignorance and your corporate lapdog mentality, you filthy-mouthed shill.

Fraud Hammer X is Pathetic at Best

AUTHOR: Michael - (U.S.A.)

I just want to respond to the pathetic ramblings of "Fraud Hammer X". (1)I, too, am a Loss Prevention Officer (not with WalMart, but another major retailer). While the WalMart Loss Prevention Officer was trying to make some intelligent and valid points, you were simply babbling and sounded as if you are some wimp who hides behind his computer to talk a big fight. (2)Even if you think you are capable of giving a good fight, many of the Loss Prevention Officers come from Police backgrounds, know martial arts or other forms of self defense, and are seasoned in reacting to violent confrontations. You may find yourself on the losing end of that battle, "Hammer". and (3)Most importantly, you ridicule the man for stating his title as a Loss Prevention Officer while you strut and posture behind the ridiculously childish moniker of "Fraud Hammer X"! What is THAT all about? Are you the arch enemy of "Super Sales Guy"? Is your sidekick "Con Wrench Y"? Why don't you get some milk and cookies and go back to reading your comic books (or at least looking at the pictures if the words are too hard for you).

#89 Consumer Suggestion

Get the bluesmocks involved early.

AUTHOR: Mike - (U.S.A.)

If you must shop at Wal-Mart, don't do anything suspicions, or they will, er, suspect you. If you buy an item which is stored outside or otherwise you didn't take it through a register lane make sure that everyone knows you paid for it before you touch it. First see the "people greeter" person at the door. Despite the title, this person's most important job is to watch the customers *leaving* to see if they're stealing. Present your receipt and say "I'm going to need some help loading this futon." Now the greeter knows that you paid for the futon, and won't suspect you as much. Ask for help even if you don't absolutely need it, this will get another bluesmock there while you are loading so it is apparent to any secuiry guards that you didn't just walk up to the item and grab it.

New Oklahoma Sooner hat and a Wal-Mart security jerk

AUTHOR: Brett - (U.S.A.)

I was in the Wal-Mart on 71st street wearing a new OU hat that was bought the previous day at the Woodland Hills mall and as my wife and I were leaving Wal-Mart I was interrogated about this hat. The security said it looked to him too new and I was forced to provide proof that I indeed did buy it the day before at the mall.I agree we should not trade with Wal-Mart. Take your money to Target stores.

Wal-Mart's Rent-a-Shill protects corporate ASSES, not ASSETS!

AUTHOR: Fraud Hammer X - (U.S.A.)

Aerron let me start by saying that if you or any other rent-a-cop tried to accost THE HAMMER, you'd be lucky to walk away with just broken bones. I'd drop FRAUD HAMMERTIME on you and use you like that little happy face in the Wal-Mart commercials and bounce your filthy shill mouth off all the price displays in the stores: "Disposable Cameras $4.99 POW! HAMMERTIME $3.76." ALWAYS LOW PRICES! ALWAYS! "3 pack Hanes Boxers $9.99 BLAM! HAMMERTIME! $7.78"

And second your title of loss prevention agent is a joke. YOU'RE NOTHING BUT A PROFESSIONAL SNITCH AND I'M CALLING YOU ON IT YOU FILTHY SHILL! You just sit in your little office and spy on people like a pervert peeping tom. Why don't you just sit there and eat your donuts and when we need you listen for "Clean-up, soda spill, aisle 5!"

You are right though about the price of DVD's. It's basically welfare to keep SORRY ASSES like you on the payroll.

WE DONT DO QUOTAS

AUTHOR: AERRON - (U.S.A.)

FIRST THING, AS A PROFESSIONAL LOSS PREVENTION AGENT WITH 12 YEARS IN THE BUISNESS OF PROTECTING CORPORATE ASSETS " CATCHING SHOPLIFTERS " I AM OFFENDED THAT ANYONE THINKS THAT THERE IS A QUOTA SYSTEM.

SECOND TO THE FOLKS WITH THE FUTON, MY THOUGHTS ARE THIS IF THE POLICE FELT IT NESSESSARY TO TAKE SOMEONE TO JAIL THEN THEY WERE SATISFIED THAT THE RULES OF PROBABLE CAUSE FOR ARREST WERE MET.

I AM NOT SAYING ANYONE IS GUILTY THAT IS FOR THE COURTS TO DECIDE BUT FACTS ARE THAT WITH SEVEN OF US " SECURITY " PEOPLE AS YOU CALL US IN THE STORE WHERE I WORK ARRESTED NEARLY 2000 "INNOCENT" PEOPLE LAST YEAR 2002 LESS THEN 10 OF THOSE CASES WHICH WE PROSECUTED WERE DISMISSED AND NONE WERE DISMISSED FOR FALSE ARREST.

I HAVE PERSONALY APPREHENDED WANTED CRIMINALS INCLUDING MURDERERS AND CHILD MOLESTERS WHO HAVE BEEN ON THE RUN BUT WERE DUMB ENOUGH TO STEAL IN FRONT OF ME.

I ALSO CATCH LOTS OF HOUSE WIVES DOING IT FOR ATTENTION, LOTS OF DRUGGIES DOING IT FOR THE MONEY THEY GET WHEN THE SELL THE GIFT CARD THEY GET FOR RETURNING ITEMS THEY BRING BACK WITHOUT A RECIEPT.

I HAVE COUGHT EVERY RACE, GENDER, RELIGION, AGE, AND SOCIAL STATUS GROUP STEALING. TEACHERS, PRIESTS, LAWYERS, DOCTORS, ADULTS AND KIDS. I AND MY ASSOCIATES ARE WELL TRAINED AT THE JOB WE DO AND RISK OUR LIVES TO HELP KEEP THE PROMISE OF ALWAYS LOW PRICES.

I DO NOT CONDONE MAKING BAD STOPS BUT IT HAPPENS FROM TIME TO TIME WE ARE ONLY HUMAN. HAVE YOU EVER WONDERED WHY THAT DVD YOU WANT COSTS 20 DOLLARS AND NOT 4 DOLLARS.

BECAUSE THE RETAIL STORE IS FORCED TO DRIVE PRICES UP TO COVER THE LOSS DUE TO THEFT.

THEY ONLY COST 2 AND 1/2 DOLLARS TO MAKE AND SHIP BUT THE LOSSES TO RETAILERS DUE TO EXTERNAL THEFT IN 2002 WAS ALMOST 17BILLION DOLLARS. BUT EVERYONE WE ARREST IS INNOCENT RIGHT.

IN TWELVE YEARS I HAVE SEEN IT ALL FROM THE 33 CENT PAIR OF NYLONS TO THE 3300 DOLLAR BIG SCREEN TV GO FOR A WALK WITHOUT EVER SEEING THE REGISTER AND EVERY SCAM THERE IS TO CAPITALIZE ON THOSE ITEMS BY THOSE WHO TOOK THEM.

I HAVE HAD MY BONES BROKEN, BEEN STABBED, AND EVEN HAD A GUN PULLED ON ME ONCE.

I HAVE NEVER LOST A SINGLE CASE IN COURT AND I HAVE ONLY HAD ONE THROWN OUT DUE TO THE MENTAL IN-STABILITY OF THE DEFENDANT WHO HAS ALSHIMERS AND COULD NOT REMEMBER HIS OWN NAME YET WAS AT THE TIME HE WAS ARRESTED LUCID AND REMEMBERING JUST FINE. BY THE TIME IT WENT TO COURT HIS MIND WAS GONE AND IT WOULD NOT BE APPROPRIATE TO PROSICUTE HIM.

LIKE I SAID AT THE TOP OF THIS I DONT CONDONE MAKING BAD STOPS AND NEITHER DOSE WAL MART BUT THE FACTS REMAIN THIS, 99.8% OF THOSE CASES PROSECUTED FOR THEFT BY MOST MAJOR RETAILERS END UP WITH THESE WORDS BEING SPOKEN OUT LOUD IN COURT BY THOSE WHO WERE ARRESTED " NO CONTEST " OR " GUILTY ".

BUT WE ARE ALL INNOCENT UNTIL PROVEN GUILTY IN COURT AND I LOVE NOTHING MORE THAN TELLING A JURY OF YOUR PEERS AND SHOWING THEM ON VIDEO TAPE HOW " NOT GUILTY " YOU CLAIM YOU ARE JUST TO HAVE A GUILTY VERDICT READ OR A PLEA CHANGE IN OPEN COURT..

POLICE DONT ACCEPT QUESTIONABLE CITIZEN ARRESTS THEY RELEASE THE ARRESTED INDIVIDUAL(S) THEY ONLY TAKE THEM TO JAIL FOR PROBABLE CAUSE NOT SUSPECTED PROBABLE CAUSE.

#93 Consumer Suggestion

STOP SHOPPING AT WAL MART

AUTHOR: ROBERT - ()

IM SORRY YOUR HUSBAND WAS ARRESTED. WHILE IM SURE THIS WAS CAUSED BY A LACK OF COMMUNICATION OF SOME SORT,I DONT KNOW WHY NOBODY ASKED THE WAL MART ASSOCIATE THAT SOLD THE "STOLEN ITEMS" ANYTHING.

NOW IN THIS CASE I WOULDNT BLAME WAL MART. THE PEOPLE WHO IM GUESSING WERE SECURITY GUARDS THAT CITIZEN ARRESTED YOUR HUSBAND WERE PROBABLY NOT EMPLOYEES OF WAL MART, BUT OF A SECURITY COMPANY.

I WOULD GO AFTER THEM.HERE IN CUCAMONGA, MORE THAN ONCE, UPON PURCHASING GOODS AND EXITING WAL MART, THE SECURITY BUZZERS AND LIGHTS HAVE GONE OFF AS IF I HAD STOLEN SOMETHING.THIS WAS, OF COURSE, BECAUSE THE CHECKSTAND LADY DIDNT REMOVE WHATEVER WAS ON THE GOODS FOR SECURITY PURPOSES.

I DIDNT GET IN TROUBLE BUT EVERYONE WHO WITNESSED THIS STARED AT ME LIKE IM A CRIMINAL. OK IM DONE BUT I THINK YOU SHOULDNT GIVE WAL MART YOUR BUSINESS ANY MORE.

IF ENOUGH OF US DO THIS THEYLL GO DOWN. THEY DONT CARE ABOUT MORALS, JUST MONEY. GOOD LUCK

#94 0

GUESS My husband isnt the only one that has been a victim of your quotas!

AUTHOR: - ()

I called the main hotline to get the money refunded back to my grandmas gift card, when I went into the store I was swamped with about four different people, including a manager. He told me to sign a paper saying I would not TRESPASS in walmart again! ME!!! I told him I didnt do anything wrong, and he said I was involved! I cant believe this! I told him I was not going to sign anything. I got the money refunded on card and gave it to my grandma to spend. I asked if my grandma spends this card if they are going to jump her too.

Still cant find the original receit, that walmart took from my husband, however the District Attorneys office assured me that they have a copy. And if a walmart manager reads this I have a transaction invoice that shows he bounght that friggin futon. Further more you might be interested in reading this article...

Woman wins $3.2 million in Wal-Mart theft lawsuit

Associated Press

TUSKEGEE, Ala. -- A jury ordered Wal-Mart to pay $3.2 million to a woman who said she was wrongly accused of stealing a telephone and handcuffed in front of her children.

The jury in rural Macon County returned the verdict Friday in favor of LaShawna Goodman of Opelika, who was arrested Christmas Eve 1995 at the Wal-Mart in her town.

Goodman was awarded $3 million in punitive damages, which are meant to punish and deter wrongdoing, and $200,000 in compensatory damages.

Mike Maher, a spokesman for Wal-Mart in Bentonville, Ark., said Tuesday: ''The facts of the case and the amount the jury awarded are on two separate planets. We will exhaust every legal remedy to right something which we believe is totally wrong.''

Witnesses testified that Goodman entered the Wal-Mart with her two young children to exchange a phone she had bought a week earlier. She presented a receipt.

Unable to find another phone she wanted, Goodman said, she retrieved the initial purchase, bought some motor oil and left.

Outside, she was detained and accused of stealing the phone, even after she offered the receipt as proof of purchase.

Goodman was later acquitted of shoplifting and sued Wal-Mart for malicious prosecution.

Her lawyers contended Wal-Mart security personnel have a quota for making arrests.

Maher said there is no such quota. He said there were questions over the authenticity of the receipt Goodman presented.