Complaint Review: Walmart

Walmart
Internet, California USA

Walmart Recycling Fee Not Refunded Internet California

*UPDATE Employee: Wierd

I purchased a TV through walmart.com site-to store for $346.85, which included a $5 California recycling fee. When I picked up the TV at my local Walmart, I was given a receipt in the amount of $341.85; the $5 recycling fee was not included. I had to return the TV because it was defective and they refunded only the $341.85 shown on the receipt to American Express.

I have not yet tried to get them to correct the discrepancy. I assume that they will, but I wonder if they do this consistently and if many people fail to notice that the $5 recycling fee wasn't refunded.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/21/2013 12:02 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Walmart/Internet-California/Walmart-Recycling-Fee-Not-Refunded-Internet-California-1052672. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Walmart

Wierd

AUTHOR: Jennifer - ()

I don't know why your receipt only had the $341 on there. At our store, the fee is added into the sales tax line for some reason. When we do a refund, it doesn't automatically refund the recycle fee, so we have to key it in manually. Not sure if that is actual policy or if the recycle fee is not really refundable since it's a state thing and not walmart.