• Report: #203445

• Submitted: Fri, July 28, 2006
  • Updated: Sat, July 29, 2006

• Reported By:ELIZABETHTON Tennessee
Walmart
3111 Browns Mill Rd Johnson City, Tennessee U.S.A.

Walmart ripoff supervisors went to far by calling me back to work more hours after I already clocked out with no pay! Johnson City Tennessee

*Consumer Suggestion: File a wage claim for back wages, and a labor charge

*Consumer Comment: didn't get paid? and other questions

I worked for 2 years at walmart ,winter snowy nights I stayed there over night to help out ,I devoted my self to them but 2-3 supervisors went to far by calling me back to work more hours after I already clocked out,to finish off the end caps and I would never get paid for all those hours, disrespecting me like I was way below them (Trash) ,I felt very uncomfortable with them. And what broke the camel's back was when I was adopting 2 children I needed 1 week off,to take care of paperwork ,they would not let me go,more or less if I did not come in I would be fired.

I looked up in the walmart employee manual it states I could get so many days off for adoptions .I worked for 6 bucks for what ?to be some big shots trash?but any way in a way God works in mysterious ways because I went to college and got my Associates Degree and I hope I will never become a walmart monster like some of them who work there.

patricia
ELIZABETHTON, Tennessee

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/28/2006 06:10 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Walmart/Johnson-City-Tennessee-37604/Walmart-ripoff-supervisors-went-to-far-by-calling-me-back-to-work-more-hours-after-I-alrea-203445. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Walmart

#1 Consumer Suggestion

File a wage claim for back wages, and a labor charge

AUTHOR: Steve - (U.S.A.)

Patricia,

There are thousands of these cases filed against Wal-Mart. They are the #1 labor law violator in the world. The USDOL has more cases on Wal_Mart than any other employer.

This is a common practice of Wal-Mart, but it is ultimately up to the employee to just say no, or to go clock in again.

You have to stand up for your self. That manager gets bonuses based on labor hour savings.

It is illegal for any employer to require you to work off the clock if you are not on salary.

File the wage claim. File the labor charges. I believe there are class action suits right now.

Good luck

didn't get paid? and other questions

AUTHOR: M (FlyingScooter) - (U.S.A.)

Let's see if I have this right:

They called you back to work and weren't going to pay for your time? If that's true, that's illegal.
Here's the sad part: You can ask for time off, but that does not mean you are going to get it everytime you ask.
How exactly did they rip you off?
Did the adoptions go thru?
Did you quit walmart after you got your degree?