suggestions

• Reported By:Kodiak Alaska
Walmart
Kodiak, Alaska U.S.A.

Walmart Race Discrimination Kodiak Alaska

I had priviously reported a rebuttal, pretty much in favor of Walmart to another person. Personally, I enjoy working for the company. It is a hit or miss with the stores on how your work experiance goes.

However, the store in my local town, we have a saying, "You can't work at walmart if your not brown". If you go into our local Walmart, Asians everywhere. In a small island town where the majority of the population is english speaking whites, it is doubtful that a small majority of them apply at the store. There are some reason why Walmart won't hire me back, and if I were the managers, I may or may not agree, however, When I did work there, I had many, many people walk to the back of the store to my department because I spoke english. They claimed most of the asian accoicates said they didn't not speak english, they didn't understand, they didn't know where anything was and I got many, many reports the customers were ignored.

I actually had people ask me for my work schedule so they can shop when I'm there in the event they needed help. That was a shocker. Of course becuase I had to help so many customers and could not do my work, other associates, (asians) complained I didn't do my work. Instead of doing their own work, they butted into mine. I got introuble and I told the manager that if the customers were being helped like they should be, I wouldn't be out of my department so much. I didn't get written up because I had a true case and the managers saw that I was telling the truth. And where did it get me? No where with the company!

I will still defend Walmart on many cases. But when I have to do the work of others and then get in trouble for it, that's where I draw the line!

Zax50
Kodiak, Alaska

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/28/2009 02:32 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Walmart/Kodiak-Alaska/Walmart-Race-Discrimination-Kodiak-Alaska-429330. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Walmart