Complaint Review: Walmart

• Updated: Tue, July 30, 2013

• Reported By: Janet — San Antoino Texas
Walmart
6703 Leslie Rd San Antoino, Texas USA

Walmart Does not price guarantee between their own stores (Walmart to Walmart) San Antoino Texas

*UPDATE Employee: Price matching

On Fridayuly 26 2013. I went to Walmart on De Zavala to purchase a 12 x 12 Ozark canopy, it was on clearance for $79.98. Purchased the tent was satisfied. On Sunday 2 days later I decided to purchase on Ozark canopy 10x10 at the Walmart near my home on Leslie Rd. When I went to purchase the canopy the price was $ 89.98. I talked to a sales associate and she told me is was Walmart policy not to honor prices set at other stores,to say the least I WAS SHOCKED .

I asked to speak with a mgr. and spoke to an asst. mgr. named Fred he comfirmed that that was indeed Walmarts policy. When asked why he stated that Walmart based their pricing on the location of the store. I said that I had shopped at Walmart for at least 20 years and never heard of this policy, he simply stated that most people do not know this and that Walmartl didn't go out of there way to make this known.That if I wanted that item I would have to do to the othet store.

So I did but I also spoke with tlhe store mgr. ( name can be provided if needed) she said that was the policy even though she did notl agree with it there was nothing she could do and apologized. Walmart has always portrayed there store as an American store Working for american people to bring them there best price. Actually the are screwig us for there own profit and decsrimbind against all americans poor middle class anh wealthy. Ipersonally would rather shop at a store that is ripping me off th my face rather and behind my back. It is our money lets make a change and statement. No longer a Walmart ever. SPEAK OUR VOICE USE YOUR POWER!!!!!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/30/2013 07:05 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Walmart/San-Antoino-Texas/Walmart-Does-not-price-guarantee-between-their-own-stores-Walmart-to-Walmart-San-Antoi-1071263. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Walmart

Price matching

AUTHOR: Jennifer - ()

You said you originally bought the 12x12 ON CLEARANCE. Which generally means that store will no longer be carrying that item. More than likely, the 12x12 was more than the 10x10 originally. They may still carry the 10x10, which would mean that it WOULD NOT BE ON CLEARANCE. When you went to the other store, you were looking at the 10x10 hence the price difference. And each store can carry a different selection, so its entirely possible that the second store you went to, did not carry the 12x12 in the first place. I'm sorry you did not get what you wanted, but when you are trying to purchase 2 different items, I would not have obliged you either. Some store manangers (ours usually takes care of our customers well) do take care of their customers on this matter, but not if it's 2 different iems.

Liberals