Virgin

Walmart
1923 East Kearney Street Springfield, Missouri USA

Walmart Backhanded Thievery Springfield Missouri

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Try paying attention

After shopping at Walmart for 4 years I casually look at the receipt of my last purchase and remember that was not the price it said on the shelf.  As a matter of fact, 6 items were mischarged. Grapes were charged $0.88 more per pound  than the sticker price for 2 bags, dried cranberries were charged $0.98 more per bag for 2, and watermelons were charged $2.48 over the sticker price for 2.  The difference in these mistakes ended up costing me $10.78 including the tax.  10 minutes later I found the mistake and I went back into the store to fix the problem only for them to refund my overcharged amount, but after they supposedly fixed the problem they made another mistake, they charged me for 4 bags of grapes instead of the original 2 that I purchased.  I wasted about 1 hour trying to get my money back.

Today, I did some cleaning at home and found a Walmart receipt from 2 weeks prior in a plastic bag, because of the experience I had yesterday which was not very good, I checked the receipt and sure enough there were 2 more mistakes and since I have a photographic memory about price I noticed they made the same mistake on the grapes and about a $5 dollar price differencial on Rotisery Chicken. Again, the difference in these mistakes costed me $7.53 including the tax.

Walmart charged me a total of $18.31 extra for these two times I checked the receipt.  Even if $18.31 is not a lot to some people, who knows how many times this has happened to me in the past without me realizing. Who knows how many times this has happened to other people who trust Walmart to be a honest price leader.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/26/2013 10:07 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Walmart/Springfield-Missouri-65803/Walmart-Backhanded-Thievery-Springfield-Missouri-1087682. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Walmart

#1 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Try paying attention

AUTHOR: Kat - ()

Seriously? You never bothered to pay attention WHILE the cashier was ringing up your stuff? And for the record, you can't get charged for four bags of grapes if you don't HAVE four bags of grapes. They're not scanned, they're weighed and you key in the code.