Complaint Review: Walmart

• Reported By: Rudy — Schwenksville Pennsylvania
Walmart
651 Main Street, Harleysville, Pa., 19438 Internet USA

Walmart AKA Walmart/VISA Gift Cards Walmart/VISA Gift Card Ripoff Internet

In early June I purchased (2) $50 dollar Walmart/VISA Gift Cards to give 2 recent High School Graduates. At the time of the transaction I was unaware that there was a $4.94 per card customer service FEE for making the purchase. So, instead of giving the cards as the gift, I gave cash... And attempted to call into the Customer Service phone number listed on the receipt (866.633.9096) for a refund. That phone number is automated and I was not able to get to a customer service representitive. I then attempted to get a refund through the website (www.walmartgift.com). Again, there was no option to get a refund.

I called into the credit card company where the charges in early June were processed. After a wait on the phone the customer service rep. was able to reach an individual @ Walmart's # 866.633.9096. That person proceeded to credit my purchase for $50 but would NOT refund the additional $4.94. I asked to speak with a manager andwaited on the phone that much longer while being passed up the ladder. The manager eventually gave me a full credit but I will not know for sure until receiving a check for $54.94 for both purchases.

All in all the time on the phone and on-line was well over an hour for me while at work on 7/3/13. It's obvious to me that Walmart/Visa Gift Cards is a nasty scam and handled in a way where the intention is for people who seek refunds to just "give up". The best way to avoid this headache is to: NOT BUY THESE CARDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/03/2013 11:12 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Walmart/internet/Walmart-AKA-WalmartVISA-Gift-Cards-WalmartVISA-Gift-Card-Ripoff-Internet-1064164. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Walmart