determining

• Updated: Fri, March 15, 2013

• Reported By: Paul — Presque Isle Michigan
Walmart

Walmart Walmart.com Walmart.com has been hacked Internet

I recently got a confirmation for an order from Walmart.com that I never placed.
The order was for a Birthday Cake Walmart eGift Card for $100.
I do not understand how it went through unless they do not look for the CCV or if they kept that on file. I went online to walmart.com to look for a telephone number to report the fraud, but none to be found. Their instruction was to call my credit card company, to change my walmart.com password, and to e-mail them. I did all three and had to call my bank to re-issue a new credit card which will take 7 to 10 days. The response from Walmart after 3 days of emails is they would credit my account $60 (so I am out $40) and this had never happened before. Now looking on the internet it sounds like this has been happening for quite a while. I saw the $100 charge show up on my credit card so I have contacted my bank to dispute the charge. All I know is I am not going to do business with Walmart.com any more unless they at least be honest about being hacked.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/15/2013 08:41 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Walmart/internet/Walmart-Walmartcom-Walmartcom-has-been-hacked-Internet-1034990. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Walmart