Complaint Review: Walmart

• Submitted: Wed, October 24, 2012
  • Updated: Wed, October 24, 2012

• Reported By: djearthminder — Trescott Twp. Maine United States of America
Walmart

Walmart valupass.com gift card offer scam by ... bait and switches, multiple redirecting away from original offer to other ripoffs, not offering same promotion on final steps, unresonable requirements in complete oppositi Internet

*Consumer Comment: You deserve another kick in the a** for listing...

I was home due to illness and decided with the help of my boredom, to follow up my long time urge to complete an on-line gift card offer.  Oh, I sould mention that I "won"  this "opurtunity" from Publishers Clearing House... this give the reader an idea of my bored and volnerable state of mind.

I carefully tried to follow each and every step for my "FREE" giftcard as "required".  Many redirects later while filling out  information that just seems to appear out of nowhere you forget what you were doing, where you are and how to get back.

Along the way and throughtout the process you encounter offers, and an implied easy almost done route to a "FREE" giftcard, only to more of the same filling out trial offers that must be cancelled or they will charge you for the full amount!  Who can remember at this point who, how or when to cancel!

Fortunately, I kept track as I went along well beyond anything close to a resonable requirement for a "FREE" offer that I "WON".   This was due to luck and my past stupid wasted time cancelling similar offers from other rip-offs.  I was in a position to follow this "dream" of actually winning something to the end.  The risk ...a  lot of time and probably lots of spam on my "junk e-mail".
I am telling my wife to kick me in the glutes maximus as hard as she can if I ever go for the cancel later offers or any "FREE" stuff requiring tedious forms or credit card information!!!!!

DJ from Lubec Maine

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/24/2012 09:20 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Walmart/internet/Walmart-valupasscom-gift-card-offer-scam-by-bait-and-switches-multiple-redirecting-a-959310. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Walmart

You deserve another kick in the a** for listing...

AUTHOR: Ken - (USA)

Walmart as the source of this scam.

They had NOTHING to do with it.

I see you continuing to be Ripped off in the future..you should just bend over every morning and get a reminder kick.  :)