Complaint Review: Walmart.com

• Updated: Fri, May 17, 2013

• Reported By: InNorthernMaine — Northern Maine Maine
Walmart.com
Internet USA

Walmart.com will not make repairs to refurbished computer with 3 year service plan - multiple email accounts compromised mcafee installed - won't even look into it Internet

*Consumer Comment: The service plan does not cover software problems

3 weeks ago I bought a refurbished gateway computer from Walmart.com with a 3 yr. service plan. One year of Mcafee antivirus was part of the service plan.

First week phishing-spoof paypal email in yahoomail. A day or two after that email, my yahoomail account was deleted and yahoo had no record of it existing. I had a sign in seal for just my computer and phone verification and changed passwords right after receiving spoof-phishing email.

2nd week make aolmail account and more than once someone had tried to login several times so I could not get into the account for a few days at a time.

3rd and final week made email with yahoo with fake name and addresses and sign on seal and phone verification; account compromised and suspicious email from zoosk from fake user in the aolmail account.

Before getting this computer, I had an hp i bought new for 5-6 years and had no problems like this whatsoever. Yet when I get this gateway computer 3 weeks ago, it seemed to run fine and mcafee finds no errors but how does it make any sense that it isn't the refurbished computer?

Anyway, www.productassist.com/walmart says without checking anything or seeing the computer that there are no issues with the computer. First they have me call Gateway, and then they say its the email providers and then they tell me it is probably the company that I get internet from. Will they take any responsibility for their product? I don't think I was asking too much to ask for some maintenance done since these seems like a spyware problem? I know refurbished means used but for walmart.com to put their name on this product is pathetic and I am sure they probably will get away with it.

I am just bringing this up so that other people beware of walmart.com. I don't know if my problem will get solved, but worst case scenario they win and I have to go to another independent company to fix the computer. This was definitely a lemon, and compromising personal info wasn't a good situation so I will not order a refurbished computer or any refurbished products again.

Any which way a lesson is learned. Just another consumer screwed by Walmart.com

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/17/2013 05:24 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Walmartcom/internet/Walmartcom-will-not-make-repairs-to-refurbished-computer-with-3-year-service-plan-mult-1051806. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Walmart.com

The service plan does not cover software problems

AUTHOR: coast - ()

The service plan covers hardware failure. You are experiencing software and user related issues that are not covered by the service plan.