Complaint Review: Walt Disney World

• Submitted: Thu, August 30, 2007
  • Updated: Sat, December 15, 2012

• Reported By:E Syracuse New York
Walt Disney World
Walt Disney World Lake Buena Vista, Florida U.S.A.

Walt Disney World Magic Your Way Base Ticket Ripoff Lake Buena Vista Florida

*Consumer Comment: YES you Most Certainly got Ripped Off

*Consumer Suggestion: Not buying it..

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: You Were Not Scammed

*Consumer Suggestion: You Did NOT Get Ripped Off

Not all employees who deal with ticket issues at the Walt Disney Resort are on the same page with the policies pertaining to the Magic Your Way Base Ticket. We stayed for four nights at the Contemporary Resort and were sold 5 day base tickets. Instead of converting these tickets to Park Hopper tickets we asked if we could use 2 admissions on the same day for our last day. I was told by a ticketing agent that the park discourages this, but that they would do it. This agent told me to see the concierge desk at the hotel. A concierge representative told me that a 5 day base ticket means the same thing as 5 admissions to the parks and that we could indeed visit two parks on our last day. When we arrived at the park, we were told that we must upgrade our tickets (for an additional fee-converting them to park hopper tickets). Since we had only a half a day left, I decided not to upgrade the tickets. I also called the "main" ticketing office to let them know about the situation and they said they would inform their cast members of the proper policies. I also wrote a lengthy letter to the concierge management. No one has offerred a proper appology or even tried to "make it right". I am angry that I spent a lot of time running around. I spent a lot of money to have a good time and I feel ripped off and humiliated. The cast members that I spoke with had a "tone" and made me feel like I was trying to get something for nothing. After nearly 30 years of visiting Disney and spending thousands of dollars-I am done.

I realize that I am just one person, but they will likely do the same thing to other customers. Eventually the bad customer service will catch up to them.

E Syracuse, New York

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/30/2007 06:47 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Walt-Disney-World/Lake-Buena-Vista-Florida/Walt-Disney-World-Magic-Your-Way-Base-Ticket-Ripoff-Lake-Buena-Vista-Florida-271476. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Walt Disney World

YES you Most Certainly got Ripped Off

AUTHOR: ilovebutters - (United States of America)

I write this sitting in my hotel room from the Animal Kingdom... I had to laugh at that one comment that said they knew ALL the ins and outs pertaining to Disney World and with the base ticket you could not visit 2 parks in one day...is she dense or what?  You had 2 admission tickets... you paid for 5 days... how do I know you can do this?  Because we just did the same thing yesterday!  No you didn't have a Park Hopper, (which I think are a waste anyway), but you had 2 admission tickets... that would be like you buying a ticket for the magic kingdom and then buying another ticket later that day for Epcot... what is so hard to understand???  When my husband won Tickets to Disney World last year, it was base tickets for 2 people and 2 days.. we used them for the Magic Kingdom and Epcot on that Saturday because the Magic Kingdom closed at 7:00 pm on Friday, but at Midnight on Saturday..that way we had time to split the days up and drive out to the beach...  so yes, you obviously got someone who didn't know what they were talking about.

#2 Consumer Suggestion

Not buying it..

AUTHOR: Tickedoffatfoxlakeford - (U.S.A.)

Sorry, but if you've been going to Disney for the "past 30 years" as you so stated, you would KNOW what a park hopper ticket and a base ticket are. No one is that dense.

I have been to Disney 100+ times. I know the ins and outs of that operation. It's called paying attention.

Everytime I see someone bad mouthing Disney, it makes me smile. This means one less person to stand in line with, one less person to fight for reservations, one less person taking up a hotel room.

Uh-huh, Disney will lose business. Sure, I believe ya. :) My brother is a cast member. Business for him is booming!

#3 UPDATE EX-employee responds

You Were Not Scammed

AUTHOR: Stitch626 - (U.S.A.)

I had to post this, after hearing and seeing the mass drone of complaining about Disney.
Look, I don't know you, nor after that post do I want to.

If you would pay attention at the time of ticket purchases, you would have seen that you were allowed 1 park admission per day. If you want to visit multiple parks, then you need a park hopper. Simple as that.

#4 Consumer Suggestion

You Did NOT Get Ripped Off

AUTHOR: Michael - (U.S.A.)

From Disney's website:

Adding the Park Hopper option to your package gives you the ultimate flexibility during your vacation. Whereas your Magic Your Way Base Ticket allows you admission to only one Theme Park per day, adding the Park Hopper option lets you:

Come and go as you please through multiple Theme Parks on the same day for the entire length of your ticket.
When you stay at a Resort hotel and choose the Park Hopper Option, you can enjoy special extended Theme Park hours available to you at no extra charge. Start your day at one Park and spend your extra hours exploring another enchanting Park!
Enjoy the freedom to be more spontaneous and relaxed with your daily vacation plans.