Complaint Review: Walter Mortgage Company

• Updated: Fri, June 03, 2011

• Reported By: Mitchell — Columbia South Carolina United States of America
Walter Mortgage Company
3000 Bayport Drive, Suite 1100 Tampa, Florida United States of America

Walter Mortgage Company Walter Mortgage and Investments Does Not Report to Credit Bureaus Tampa, Florida

I purchsed my home in April 2010 from Walter Mortgage Company.  I recently found out after almost a year of on time payments that the mortage company does not report to any of the 3 credit companies (Equifax, Transunion, and Experian).  I was told by Walter Mortage Company that they would provide me with a statement that could be filed with the credit companies and added to my credit.  This is an absolute lie!!! I am outraged that my mortagage is not reporting.  Why wasn't I told this in advance.  I contacted the Federal Trade Commission and was told that this violates the Fair Cedit Reporting Act.  I was advised to get an attorney.  I encourage anyone facing this same problem to fight it!!  If you know of an attorney that specializes in this area please let me know or if you have any other helpful information.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/03/2011 10:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Walter-Mortgage-Company/Tampa-Florida-33607/Walter-Mortgage-Company-Walter-Mortgage-and-Investments-Does-Not-Report-to-Credit-Bureaus-736412. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Walter Mortgage Company