Complaint Review: Walter Mortgage aka Jim Walters

• Updated: Thu, March 22, 2012

• Reported By: Sick and Tired — Brunswick United States of America
Walter Mortgage aka Jim Walters
P.O. Box 31622 Tampa, Florida United States of America

Walter Mortgage aka Jim Walters Walter Mortgage hit my husband and harrased me on the phone and now they get to take our home after 17 years. Tampa, Florida

*Consumer Comment: Police report

In 2007 I would get calls from Elliot Jones a collector for Walter Mortgage. He would start calling from 7 am to 10:30 pm asking for a payment, but I told him on Tuesday that I would wire the payment to him on thursday when my husband get paid. I would call and call and when I answered he told me to get boxes and start packing if I can not send a payment in.

So the next morning my husband just got off 11-7 shift he showed up at the the door, I was afraid because how he threaten me before; so my husband answer the door. He asked for the payment and my husband told him he would wire the payment. but he told my husband to pack up and move. So my husband ask him to leave and get off his porch but Mr. Elliot was still threatening my husband and then finally he hit my husband and I am watching from the window and my husband hit him back.

So the next day we wired the payment ,that he came for, but he returned the payment and filed foreclosure, and we have been fighting for our rights to keep our home after 17 years. We need an attorney, please help. We are still living in our home, but not for long. They are still fighting with us 2007-2012. The balance on our home 29,000 and they will not work with us.

If you can Call
(((redacted)))

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/22/2012 04:22 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Walter-Mortgage-aka-Jim-Walters/Tampa-Florida-33631-3622/Walter-Mortgage-aka-Jim-Walters-Walter-Mortgage-hit-my-husband-and-harrased-me-on-the-pho-857614. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Walter Mortgage aka Jim Walters

Police report

AUTHOR: Ashley - (U.S.A.)

I'm assuming you filed a police report on this man for assaulting your husband, correct? How did your court case turn out when you pressed charges?

As for the rest, its 5 years in to you not paying your mortgage. You need a lawyer to help you salvage anything out of this, odds are you're going to have to move. 5 years is a long time to not make payments and get caught up. Why didnt you go to a lawyer before now? Why did you let this go so long?