Complaint Review: Walter Mortgage

• Submitted: Mon, December 22, 2008
  • Updated: Fri, February 13, 2009

• Reported By:McComb Mississippi
Walter Mortgage
P.O. Box 31622 Tampa, Florida U.S.A.

Walter Mortgage Company Insurance and Payment Ripoffs Tampa Florida

*Consumer Comment: Get a lawyer NOW !

I am a first time buyer. I thought Jim Walter was a good idea, but boy am I wrong!. My mother always said what sounds good usually isn't. I wished I would have taken her advice.

I purchased a repossessed home in 2006 thinking I can avoid the hassle of contractors and the like.Everything looked fine when I looked at the home. My agent Chris Little was very anxious to get us to sign the paper work stating that someone else was inquiring about the house as well. I was anxious as well because we were displaced by Hurricane Katrina, and myfamily and I was tired of living in a F.E.M.A trailer.

Several weeks after we moved in they said that our AC unit has not ours but another homeowner's. Chris said that it wa mistakenly placed on our house. We argued about we signed a contract with an AC, His comment was that he could not do anything about it. So, we had to purchase a new AC with the assumption that the would reimburst us (still waiting).

In July 2008 we recieved a letter stating that WM has purchased some insurance for us. We are with Best Insurors and our policy payment wasn't due until October (we are up-to-date on policy, we pay yearly). The next day we recieve bill that states we know 900 because they purchase insurance. They said that they gives us an to purchase other insurance before our policy is up with Best Insurors.

So I went an purchased other insurance with another company. I did it in October. Well, they cancelled Best but with that insurance they purchase through WM they still left a balance of 178, and they expect me to pay it. I told them no. Well, every month from October they have been tacking on fees and it have been messing with my payment. It seems no matter how much I send in I am still behind.

I have been receiving calls from Chris and he has had a very nasty attitude. No he has threatened foreclosure. This has been an experience I don't want to repeat. This company are scammers who need to be put out of business.

Michelle
McComb, Mississippi

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/22/2008 12:45 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Walter-Mortgage/Tampa-Florida/Walter-Mortgage-Company-Insurance-and-Payment-Ripoffs-Tampa-Florida-403814. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Walter Mortgage

Get a lawyer NOW !

AUTHOR: B Stroud - (U.S.A.)

I bought a repo from them in Dec. '03 ,, Trust Me , Get A Lawyer Now , it only gets worse ! They will try to take your house ,, these people don't need to be out of buisness,,, They need to be IN JAIL ! They are Crooks !