Complaint Review: Wamu-formerly Providian Card Services

• Submitted: Wed, July 30, 2008
  • Updated: Thu, July 31, 2008

• Reported By:holbrook New York
Wamu-formerly Providian Card Services
wamucards.com Dallas, Texas U.S.A.

Wamu-formerly Providian Card Services Raising APR for no reason Dallas Texas

*Consumer Suggestion: STOP USING THE CARD IMMEDIATELY and cut it up

*Consumer Suggestion: ready to stop playing with snakes?

When I received my July 08 statement; I noticed that the APR went from 12.49 to 21.99%, I never received a letter in the mail regarding this. I looked back and this was done in March 08. I sent an email through the website asking why this was done and received an email back from a rep not giving me any info but suggesting that I contact a Debt consolidation company as from my email it sounds as if I am experiencing hardship!!!My bills are always paid in a timely manner for more than the minimum.

I called; I was told that the rep didn't know why, I asked to speak to a manager, I was told it wouldn't help the manager would tell me the same thing. I asked to speak to manangement anyway, I was disconnected. I called back 6 times was left on hold and disconnected. I finally reached a supervisor who told me that there was a note on my Dec statement stating that the apr would rise and that I should have called if I didn't want to accept it. I NEVER saw a note on my statement, and always pay online so I probably wouldn't have noticed the small note. I was told there was nothing they could do because I hadn't responded by the given date. He then told me I could speak to his supervisor! She finally after I broke down in tears, told me that I could close my card (which also hurts my credit as it was a long time card) and the apr would go to 12.99.

I have great credit and I feel like I was totally scammed. So basically they got alot of extra money out of me.

A lesson well learned. Hard working good bill paying customers are being penalized for no good reason. This is really sad. I am going to give my credit union more business and tell everyone who banks with them to beware.

Mich
holbrook, New York

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/30/2008 07:27 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Wamu-formerly-Providian-Card-Services/Dallas-Texas-75266/Wamu-formerly-Providian-Card-Services-Raising-APR-for-no-reason-Dallas-Texas-357595. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Wamu-formerly Providian Card Services

#1 Consumer Suggestion

STOP USING THE CARD IMMEDIATELY and cut it up

AUTHOR: Laurie - (U.S.A.)

pay it off as quickly as possible or transfer the balance to another card.

WAMU will never acknowledge they are wrong and will lie to you every chance the get. They will lie so many times that they can no longer keep the lies straight. I know this from personal experience.

They are increasing your rate to pay for ALL THEIR BAD BUSINESS DECISIONS!
They are way over their heads in the Mortgage Crisis and giving cc to those who could not afford them in the first place, so they are punishing their GOOD Customers to pay for the bad ones.

They horribly mismanaged my credit card account and I even closed my checking accounts with them- I did not want them having access to my money at all after the mess they made with my credit card account.

NEVER do business with WAMU again

#2 Consumer Suggestion

AUTHOR: Cat - (U.S.A.)

I see you have bought the line that in order to have credit you need a "credit card". I imagine you also have a nice size car loan to? You have discovered that they have the control and they have the power. One thing they do not have.......my business! Of course, I have learned that when you play with snakes you will get bit. I do not need a credit card because I have the money to purchase things. I learned by adding up my minimum payments, what i owed total on all my cards, was taught by Dave Ramsey the right way to get out of debt and now......how to build wealth. Perhaps this will be what it takes for you to learn, I hope so because I once bought into the lie you believe.

#3 Consumer Suggestion