Complaint Review: Warez98

Warez98
Internet USA

Warez98 Fake website to download movies stole my info! Internet

*Consumer Comment: If you think your info is stolen

*Author of original report: and another thing, update to my report

*Author of original report: follow up or rebuttal

*Author of original report: Forgot to mention...

Stupid me!  I found a cool website that online friends told me about to download legit movies for cheap.  They were online for a few months then disappeared.  Stole my info, and took my money!!!

They are offline now, but if you see a website like www.warez98.cc do NOT use them!!!

Hope I can help somebody out there.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/02/2013 09:42 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Warez98/internet/Warez98-Fake-website-to-download-movies-stole-my-info-Internet-1064037. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Warez98

If you think your info is stolen

AUTHOR: MochaG - ()

If you think that your info has been stolen, such as credit card, debit card, etc., cancel the card immediately. The info might have already been sold in their underground market.

Now, there is no such a cheap and legit movie retailer in the U.S. because of copyright. If the deal is too good to be true (as this one), there is always a catch. Your computer might have been infected when you visit their site (and might have download something via BT from them). The .cc shows that it is for Cocos Islands and that is already shady enough. Before going to any site, check their country code extension first. I am not even sure that your Windows is a legit version after you mentioned about "cheap" legit "download" site...

and another thing, update to my report

Love this ripoffreports

Love this RipoffReport, I get to vent and keep a record. Another thing Warez98 did, was send me a welcome email, and I think it had a virus in it, cause when I opened the email I got a pop up saying "You have a virus" but I thought it was one of those stupid internet ads for virus software.

Later my computer started acting weired again, and I had to reinstall windows.

AUTHOR: Raz - ()

Sorry, confused.  I've posted this several times.  Don't know if it isn't showing up, or it has to get approved..

I used BT for www.warez98.cc service.

Forgot to mention...

AUTHOR: Raz - ()

Sorry, but I thought this is the update to the report.

I forgot to mentioned I used BT to pay for their service, but got squat.