Complaint Review: Warner Health Care (Avlimil)

• Submitted: Thu, December 11, 2003
  • Updated: Fri, January 09, 2004

• Reported By:TAMPA Florida
Warner Health Care (Avlimil)
www.avlimil.com Cincinnati, Ohio U.S.A.

Warner Health Care, Inc. (Avlimil) Misleading often changed website Cincinnati Ohio

*Consumer Comment: www.4avlimil.com ..everything was fine until I read the enclosed literature

*REBUTTAL Individual responds: I have also been scammed by this dirt-bag company.

I ordered the free* trial of avlimil off the website for $4.50 and made sure nothing on my order form said anything about being charged later. There was nothing mentioned about the "Managed Care Direct" that they claim was on there before I submitted my order.

I was recently charged without my consent for $35 and have not received any more pills. I called today to cancel my account by using the customer care number. When I asked for a supervisor I was told none were available and that I would get a call back in 48-72 hours...we will see.

I looked at the same website today that I placed my order from and there is no longer a link for a free 30 day trial for $4.50. They now have a statement saying that any free orders automatically enroll you in the "Managed Care Direct" program. It seems to me that they are changing their website to cover themselves.

Why would they have that statement about free orders if there are none currently listed on the site. They probably post it for a week when they run the TV ads that talk about the free trial and then after so many people place orders they take it off.

I've read a lot of posts on this site and many others about people going through the same thing as me. I just wanted to add my info so I can be a part of a lawsuit against this company when it happens.

I am going to dispute the charges through my bank and I have also contacted a local consumer lawyer that works for a TV station in my area. Hopefully he can investigate and break the story behind this bad company.

Erin
TAMPA, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/11/2003 03:10 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Warner-Health-Care-Avlimil/Cincinnati-Ohio-45242/Warner-Health-Care-Inc-Avlimil-Misleading-often-changed-website-Cincinnati-Ohio-74771. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Warner Health Care (Avlimil)

www.4avlimil.com ..everything was fine until I read the enclosed literature

AUTHOR: Beth - (U.S.A.)

They almost got me with this one. I got my free sample and everything was fine until I read the enclosed literature (there wasn't anything about it on the web-site, mind you.) and it said they were going to automatically start sending me the product. I called and told them I wasn't aware they were signing me up for an automatic subscription to their service. (That was the first day I received the product, but only because I have been burned many times before.) I think that any time something is being sent for "free with no obligation" that people need to pay ALOT of attention to what is actually sent to them. I am not saying that the others that complained were aware of these practices as the company may have updated this due to consumers' concerns or it could even be that the web-site is different (I noticed that yours was just www.avlimil.com whereas mine was www.4avlimil.com.) but I just think that people should know that if something is sent for free, there is usually a catch somewhere. At least that has been my experience.

#2 REBUTTAL Individual responds

AUTHOR: Selena - (U.S.A.)

Iordered the free sample for $4.50 in december.IT HAVE JUST BEEN CHARGED$35.00. I DID NOT AUTHORIZE THIS COMPANY TO GO IN MY ACCOUNT TO TAKE OUT MONEY. I CALLED AND COMPLAINED AND GOT HUNG UP ON. WE ALL NEED TO FILE SOME SORT OF CLASS ACTION SUIT FAST.

#3 REBUTTAL Individual responds