• Report: #1953

• Reported By:Woodridge NY
Warner Lambert - Parke Davis
Nationwide U.S.A.

Warner Lambert Bad Drug

My Physican, Dr. John Lichtenstein of Ellensville NY, perscribed Rezulin, manufactured by Warner Lambert, for my diabetes condition. I was taking this drug for several weeks in 1997. In that time I cautioned my doctor that it was causing me to be confused and disoriented. He assured me that the medication was going to help my blood sugar level and insisted I stay on the drug for 6 weeks.

In that time I got into a major car accident that totaled my car and I suffered minor injuries that required medical attention in a hospital emergency room. I am convinced the cause of the accident was directly connected to my taking Rezulin because I was disoriented at the time of the accident.

On March 28, 2000 the drug has been removed permenantely from market because it was linked to 66 deaths as a result of kidney failure - NY Times 3/30 Science Section . In 1998 it was taken off the market briefly for the same problems but was reinstated through a British subsidiary. I myself have experienced decline in my kidney. My blood test show a steady decline in kidney functions. The NYT article describes a series of deceptions and non disclosure of vital information by Warner Lambert on this drug.

I would like to know what course of action can be taken on this matter.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/04/2000 12:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Warner-Lambert-Parke-Davis/nationwide/Warner-Lambert-Bad-Drug-1953. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Warner Lambert - Parke Davis