Complaint Review: Warrantech

• Updated: Mon, December 19, 2011

• Reported By: lace4love — Rex Georgia United States of America
Warrantech
2200 Hwy. 121, suite 100 Bedford, Texas United States of America

Warrantech I have purchased a protection plan w Warrantech thru Venue & have been trying for over a month to get my tv repaired. Have been told my contract has been deleted from their system. Mr Randall Wilson a Bedford, Texas

*Consumer Comment: Go higher

I have spoken to over 13 people @ Warrantech trying to get them to honor my protection plan. I've faxed twice copies of statements showing proof of purchase and bill being paid off. Mr. Randall Wilson has been totally unprofessional and lack empathy. Joe, Julie, Randall & Adaleta, are just some of the few that instructed me to fax copies of statement! This entire ordeal has taken a toll on my health. I can not afford to pay a repairman to fix my 2 year old television, especially after paying off a protection plan $ a $1400 tv.
As a consumer, this company is ripping me off, nor are they trying to fix the problem! They're just hoping I just give up! I've left messages for supervisor Ray, who has yet to return my calls!
I also have my refrigerator protected under this same company, and afraid if something happens with it. I have no other choice but to seek legal representation. It's been since November 8th and still haven't gotten anywhere!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/19/2011 12:13 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Warrantech/Bedford-Texas-76021/Warrantech-I-have-purchased-a-protection-plan-w-Warrantech-thru-Venue-have-been-trying-811341. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Warrantech

Go higher

AUTHOR: voiceofreason - (United States of America)

Did you buy this direct from them, or from the store you bought the TV at? It's possible the store stole the money intended for the warranty and never passed it on to Warrantech.

I also had to fight Warrantech, on an auto policy, but that was a dispute as to whether the garage did the right thing; they never questioned the policy's existence. I solved that by speaking to the corporate executive offices and getting a CEO staffer to intervene.

If all else fails, contact the state agency overseeing insurers. I believe Warrantech falls under such jurisdiction. And if you have to go to small claims, do so in a timely manner and have all supporting paperwork and required repair estimates in hand.

They do expect 99.9% of victims to go away. Be the 1% who doesn't.

softly