Complaint Review: Warrantech

• Updated: Tue, August 12, 2014

• Reported By: luckyduck — Pompano Beach Florida
Nationwide USA

Warrantech Not worth the paper it is printed on. Nationwide

I own several apartment buildings and have been replacing window A/C units over the past few years. I have bought over 12 units ranging from $275 to $1000 and was talked into buying warranties with them for "Piece of Mind". It has turned into a headache and nightmare.

First unit failed after 14 months. They sent a tech out in a week. When he arrived, he had the wrong parts. Told me I had to reschedule. 10 days later they told me the unit could not be repaired and it was my responsibility to return the unit and install the new one.

Second unit failed in 16 months. Temperatures were exceeding 100 degrees with 75% humidity. They could not send a tech out for 7 days. I replaced the unit myself and when the tech came out to inspect it, he spent 5 minutes on it and said it worked fine. A $400 A/C It is now sitting in the corner of my garage while I argue with them.

Third unit failed after 18 months. After multiple calls and 14 days, they offered me a cheap $150 unit as a replacement. When I turned it down, they said that they are under no obligation to replace the same unit. I took a store credit for $163 to replace a $265 appliance. AND I have to replace it once again myself.

These warranty policies are a joke and a total ripoff. I have spoken to supervisors only to be told that they are no obligation to take care of me. Under the policy, they can take months to repair a unit and are not obligated to replace a broken unit with the same model STEER CLEAR!! THIS COMPANY AND THE PEOPLE WHO WORK THERE ARE THIEVES.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/12/2014 05:49 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Warrantech/nationwide/Warrantech-Not-worth-the-paper-it-is-printed-on-Nationwide-1169401. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Warrantech