Mississippi

• Updated: Wed, January 20, 2010

• Reported By: Denver — Hemet California United States of America
Warranty Experts
9355 Bandera Road #140 San Antonio, Texas United States of America

Warranty Experts Dave Gardner I paid $2155 for an extended warranty and did not get a policy. Now, Warranty Experts/Dave garder are gone, and so is my money!! I purchased a 7 year extended warranty on my 2001 Class A motorhome, a San Antonio, Texas

On Jan 3, 2005, I responded to an internet ad, placed there by Warranty Experts, and spoke to a Mr. Dave Gardner in regards to a 7 year extended warranty on my 2001 Four Winds Infinity.   I was quoted $2155 for the warranty.  I was also told that if I did not file a claim during the term of the policy, I would get a full refund of the $2155 paid.  What a deal!  How could I lose??  A few days later I received what I thought to be a policy, when in fact it was only a copy of the application, which listed all the coverage I would receive under the terms of the contract.

I recently began to wonder if there was anything in writing as to the refund offer.  Upon examination of the papers that I had received, I could find no mention of the refund clause.  I then called the insurance company involved, Intercontinental Acceptance Corp, only to hear a recorded message telling me to call another number, which turned out to be the Florida Insurance Receivership department.  The nice lady there told me that Intercontinental Acceptance Corporation was in receivership, and she could not find any record of a policy issued to me.  It was then that I discovered that the piece of paper I held was only an application, not a policy!

I then tried to call Mr. Dave Gardner at Warranty Experts to see if he could help me in my dilemma.  Again, I was informed that the telephone numbers I had for Warranty Experts/Dave Gardner were no longer valid.

It appears that Mr. Gardner took my $2155 and stuck it in his pocket without even purchasing the contract from Intercontinental Acceptance Corp.

I guess a sucker is born everyday, and unfortunately it was my turn.  Anyone have any ideas/suggestions on how I and others might proceed to recover their losses from this obvious scam?

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/20/2010 06:30 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Warranty-Experts/San-Antonio-Texas-78250/Warranty-Experts-Dave-Gardner-I-paid-2155-for-an-extended-warranty-and-did-not-get-a-poli-557575. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Warranty Experts