Complaint Review: Warranty Solutions

• Updated: Tue, March 06, 2012

• Reported By: Charles — Mesa Arizona USA
Warranty Solutions
7125 West Jefferson Ave, Suite 200 Lakewood, Colorado United States of America

Warranty Solutions GE Capital Administrative Services, Inc. Paid $2800 for after market vehicle service contract, never used, less than three years and only 20000 miles on factory warranty , cancelled this contract and Warranty Solutions kept $1560. Mesa, Arizona

*General Comment: Warranty Solutions Complaint

July 30, 2009, I cancelled my extended warranty contract, with Warranty Solutions, when I found out it was an after market service warranty and not Ford's Extended Service Plan (ESP).

Recently I received correspondents from Ford, stating as of October my factory warranty would expire, and I should consider purchasing their ESP vehicle warranty. I immediately contacted my dealer I use for service to inquire about the warranty I thought I already had through Ford. I was told that it was an after market warranty, sold to me by the now out of business dealer, Mel Clayton Ford. My vehicle has barely 23,000 miles on it. The extended warranty is not valid until the factory warranty has been exhausted, which is three years or 36,000 miles.

I called and canceled this warranty, as a penalty for canceling, Warranty Solutions only refunded $1240.00 of the $2,795.00 purchase price. It was my understanding at time of purchase, that I was in fact buying Ford Extended Service Plan (ESP) and not an after market warranty.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/14/2009 07:25 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Warranty-Solutions/Lakewood-Colorado-80235/Warranty-Solutions-GE-Capital-Administrative-Services-Inc-Paid-2800-for-after-market-ve-480168. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Warranty Solutions

#1 General Comment

Warranty Solutions Complaint

AUTHOR: ROwens - (United States of America)

For the gentleman that has an issue with his refund from dealer and warranty solutions:
I will be more than glad to connect you with someone at Warranty Solutions so explain or correct your misconception or error.
I am an agent representing this product and I have VSC on both of our household vehicles
1. unearned premium is illegal to retain
2. Wells Fargo is fanatical about compliance so i am sure they will address your concerns
3. the agent that represented the dealership will have an interest in resolving your issues
You can contact me directly at russo@fidelissys.com for help if you so choose

I am not affiliated with any of the parties involved but I just prefer an accurate portrayal be represented or an error corrected.