Complaint Review: Warranty USA

• Updated: Wed, March 19, 2003

• Reported By:Irving Texas
Warranty USA
http://www.automobilewarranty.org/warranty-usa.htm Internet U.S.A.

Warranty USA ripoff took 477.77 total from my account without authorization. had not signed any contract ripoff business from hell Internet

This company said they would hold my check and wait until I signed a contract and mail it back to them. They said nothing was going to be debited until they received a signed contract.

Not only did they take a deposit out, they started taking monthly installments. A contract was never signed, I was upset I told them this was not what they said and told them I did not have a policy with them yet. They told me there was and that i had to cancel in order to get my money back.

I told the to cancel and they still continued to take out monthly installments. I had to close my account to stop this. The total amount taken was 477.77.

I contacted them several times and was given different excuses such as they are in federal court recievership as of 12/20/2001 and the Receiver cannot make refunds on prereceivership obligation, though the company is not denying that the funds are owed to you. You can expect to be notified in the next 30 to 60 days as to the status of you refund. I was never notified.

I continued to call and was told due to reorganization they still have not deciced how the refund would be handled.

After after a while the 1-800-441-6004 number was giving me an error recording...That was the last I ever heard from that company again. I reported them to the Better Business Bureau and still received no response.

Lucy
Irving, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/19/2003 05:53 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Warranty-USA/internet/Warranty-USA-ripoff-took-47777-total-from-my-account-without-authorization-had-not-signe-49792. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Warranty USA