Complaint Review: Wash Station

• Submitted: Mon, October 02, 2006
  • Updated: Mon, October 02, 2006

• Reported By:San Francisco California
Wash Station
950 King Plaza Daly City, California U.S.A.

Wash Station Terrible customer service Ripoff Daly City California

I entered the laundromat and loaded my clothes in 3 separate washers of the same type. I put my detergent/softener in the provided compartments on the top and put my quarters in the slot to start the wash. I noticed that one of the washers was not filling up with water as much as the others. I turned the knob for the water temperature to see if that would help, but it didn't. I waited a few more minutes to see if there would be any signs of improvement, but there wasn't. I approached the lady in charge (attendant/manager) and said that one of the washers I was using did not look like it was filling up with enough water.

She said, "Maybe you put too many clothes in there." I told her that it had the same amount of clothes as one of the other two. We walked over to the machines and she said, "See you put too many clothes in it that's why it's not filling up with water. The other one doesn't have that many clothes." I said, "Yes, that one doesn't have the same amount of clothes, but the other one next to it does and it's filled up with water just fine." She told me there was nothing she could do about it. She said that if I don't think there's enough water in it, I can add water myself. So she opens up the back room for me to get some water. I was mad about the whole situation, but I did it myself. I went in the back and got some water and added it to the machine through the detergent compartment.

When I first entered there a lady put some money in the detergent machine to get some fabric sheets. She told the same lady (attendant) that she had put money in there, but it wasn't working. The attendant asked the lady if she put money and she said again that she did. She helped her slide the knob to the item that she needed and asked her again if she put any money in it and she said yes. Apparently they got it to work and she got what she needed.

But it seems to me that the person/persons working at this laundromat is very unhelpful. They intially accuse customers of causing the problem before inspecting it. Even when the problem is inspected, they continue to accuse customers rather than being helpful. I've been a regular customer at this laundry facility and have heard them complain that customers are only out to rip off their business. But when a customer makes a legitamit complaint, they accuse them of improper use or not putting the correct amount of coins needed. In actuality, this business is ripping off their customers.

I'm not asking for anything. I don't want anything from these people. I'm tired of spending my good, hard-earned money at a business where they blame their customers for their mechanical problems just because they don't want to refund what the customer(s) put in to run the machines. There seems to be a lack of proper maintenance and definitely the worste customer service experience around. An apology would be sufficient, but I'm happy just having this tool to make my complaint. So that others know what problems have occurred at a particular business and whether or not they have had similar issues with the same business.

San Francisco, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/02/2006 10:05 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Wash-Station/Daly-City-California-94015/Wash-Station-Terrible-customer-service-Ripoff-Daly-City-California-213751. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Wash Station