Complaint Review: Washington Mutual Bank

• Submitted: Thu, April 02, 2009
  • Updated: Thu, April 02, 2009

• Reported By:boca raton Florida
Washington Mutual Bank
5950 Glades Rd Boca Raton, Florida U.S.A.

Washington Mutual Bank - Louis Patsalos (Personal Financial Representative) THE FLAWED WASHINGTON MUTUAL BRANCH Boca Raton Florida

I had placed a stop payment on a $800 check on http://online.WAMU.com, and printed out my confirmation. I placed the stop payment on October 11th, at 11:48 AM. On the confirmation, it says the Date Stop Placed: 10/14/2008. Which means I placed the stop payment on a Saturday, and it would NOT go into effect until the next business day, October 14th. So on October 14th, at precisely 8: 59 AM, I walked in the WASHINGTON MUTUAL BRANCH on Glades Road. I was there before the doors opened, with my printed confirmation, and spoke to a "personal financial representative by the name of, LOUIS PATSALOS. I showed him my confirmation, and asked him if I needed to sign anything. Mr. Patsalos confirmed to me that my check had been stopped and I said quote, "So Renay Ricart Will not be able to cash that check," in which Mr. Patsalos replied, "NO."

If Mr. Patsalos did not confirm to me that my check had been stopped, I would have withdrawn ALL MY MONEY OUT OF MY ACCOUNT.

I then left the bank after my confirmation.

On October 16th, I went to the bank to take money out of my account, and saw in my receipt that $800 had been WITHDRAWN from my account. I then sat with the assistant manager of the Glades Rd. branch by the name of Reynold Camejo who said to me, "this is the online washington mutual's responsibility, this is a completely different department, I am sorry but we are not responsible."

I then had the bank print out a HISTORY SHEET, in which I have proof that a service charge of $15 was withdrawn from my account, confirming my stop payment on THAT PARTICULAR CHECK. And that service charge was PRIOR to the withdrawal of $800.

On top of it all, Renay Ricart went to THAT PARTICULAR BRANCH: 5950 GLADES RD. to cash that check. So, while Mr. Patsalos maybe could have taken the time to tell the tellers that check number 131, from Chelsey is not to be cashed, if brought to this branch. But instead, Mr. Patsalos gave me FALSE INFORMATION. And I should be credited that $800, when the error is on the bank's part, not mine.

I did everything right. I printed out a confirmation, I confirmed it at the bank, and two days later, that check was cashed.

I WANT MY MONEY BACK!

Chelsey
boca raton, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/02/2009 10:27 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Washington-Mutual-Bank/Boca-Raton-Florida-33431/Washington-Mutual-Bank-Louis-Patsalos-Personal-Financial-Representative-THE-FLAWED-WAS-440146. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Washington Mutual Bank